Jump to content

Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 3


  • Please log in to reply
2948 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll Regarding Player Rental Trades (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want to allow trades for renting players?

  1. Yes. (5 votes [31.25%])

    Percentage of vote: 31.25%

  2. No. (11 votes [68.75%])

    Percentage of vote: 68.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1891 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

    Canucks Franchise Player

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,010 posts
  • Joined: 27-March 07

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

Congrats Phoenix. Good luck in the Finals.
  • 0

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL


#1892 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

    Canucks Franchise Player

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,010 posts
  • Joined: 27-March 07

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

Western:

3 PHX > 1 CGY 4-2




Eastern:

5 WSH > 6 BUF 4-1
  • 0

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL


#1893 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

    Canucks Franchise Player

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,010 posts
  • Joined: 27-March 07

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

Finals:

3 PHX VS 5 WSH



Can the Capitals repeat as Champions?



Buffalo never failed to score on Lundqvist. Let's see if Phoenix can do the same.

Tyler Ennis' amazing playoff performance was put to an end boasting 23 points. 7 more than teammate Jason Pominville and 9 more than Calgary's Duncan Keith.


Washington's leading scorer is T. Tanabe with 14 points.
M. Hossa leads their team in goals with 7.

Phoenix's leading scorer is J. Lupul with 13 points.
L. Korpikoski leads their team in goals with 7.


Washington's Lundqvist holds a .962SV% with a 1.01GAA.

Phoenix's Howard holds a .926SV% with a 2.18GAA.




Obviously by the statistics, Lundqvist is favoured.
  • 0

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL


#1894 FinnNuck

FinnNuck

    Comets Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Joined: 28-April 11

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

Howard had a really bad 3rd round, hoping he's able to be on top of his game in the finals.
  • 0

CDC Sim Connected; Phoenix Coyotes lineup:

L1: M. Vallerand (81) - J. Tlusty (84) - M. Bodker (80)

L2: W. Carrier (81) - M. Backlund (83) - P. Lane (81)

L3: L. Adam (83) - B. Shinnimin (82) - A. Cogliano (81)

L4: J. Martinook (77) - H. Samuelsson (78) - R. Holloway (76)

D1: A. Martinez (84) - K. Yandle (85)

D2: D. Rundblad (84) - O. Ekman-Larsson (85)

D3: J. Smith (81) - M. Weber (81)

G: M. Visentin (83) - S. Down (80)


#1895 shiznak

shiznak

    Canucks First-Line

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,356 posts
  • Joined: 05-August 03

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

I have a feeling WSH will repeat as champions, too much firepower. I have no idea how mpt gets these GMs to give them their top superstars and top picks for next to nothing. I guess other people get easily manipulated by his smooth negotiations.
  • 2

f9mgqu.png


#1896 FinnNuck

FinnNuck

    Comets Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Joined: 28-April 11

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

I don't have high hopes for the finals, but Phoenix has proved you don't need superstars to get far.
  • 0

CDC Sim Connected; Phoenix Coyotes lineup:

L1: M. Vallerand (81) - J. Tlusty (84) - M. Bodker (80)

L2: W. Carrier (81) - M. Backlund (83) - P. Lane (81)

L3: L. Adam (83) - B. Shinnimin (82) - A. Cogliano (81)

L4: J. Martinook (77) - H. Samuelsson (78) - R. Holloway (76)

D1: A. Martinez (84) - K. Yandle (85)

D2: D. Rundblad (84) - O. Ekman-Larsson (85)

D3: J. Smith (81) - M. Weber (81)

G: M. Visentin (83) - S. Down (80)


#1897 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

    Canucks Third-Line

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts
  • Joined: 05-July 09

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

Phoenix's defense is just too damn mobile. You can't get a forecheck going.
  • 0

#1898 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

    Canucks Third-Line

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts
  • Joined: 05-July 09

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

Scoring system
Lose playoffs in Round 1 - 1 point
Lose playoffs in Round 2 - 2 points
Lose playoffs in Round 3 - 4 points
Lose playoffs in Round 4 - 6 points
Win Stanley Cup - 15 points

Win your division - 1 point
Win President's trophy - 1 additional point




Official Standings

  • 26- Posted Image Washington Capitals
  • 23- Posted Image Colorado Avalanche
  • 21- Posted Image Dallas Stars
  • 16- Posted Image Minnesota Wild
  • 15- Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins
  • 13- Posted Image Buffalo Sabres
  • 13- Posted Image Carolina Hurricanes
  • 13- Posted Image Nashville Predators
  • 13- Posted Image Phoenix Coyotes
  • 13- Posted Image St. Louis Blues
  • 12- Posted Image Philadelphia Flyers
  • 11- Posted Image Ottawa Senators
  • 9- Posted Image Calgary Flames
  • 9- Posted Image New Jersey Devils
  • 8- Posted Image Columbus Blue Jackets
  • 5- Posted Image Anaheim Ducks
  • 5- Posted Image Tampa Bay Lightning
  • 4- Posted Image Edmonton Oilers
  • 3- Posted Image Montreal Canadiens
  • 3- Posted Image Winnipeg Jets
  • 2- Posted Image Boston Bruins
  • 2- Posted Image Chicago Blackhawks
  • 2- Posted Image Florida Panthers
  • 2- Posted Image Los Angeles Kings
  • 2- Posted Image New York Rangers
  • 2- Posted Image Toronto Maple Leafs
  • 1- Posted Image Detroit Red Wings
  • 1- Posted Image New York Islanders
  • 1- Posted Image San Jose Sharks
  • 1- Posted Image Vancouver Canucks

Updated Standings

3 Points (1st Rd + Presidents) - OTT
2 Points (1st Rd + Division) - CAR, NJD, CGY, NSH, PHX
1 Point (1st Rd) - FLA, WSH, BUF, MTL, PIT, COL, EDM, CHI, STL, ANA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Point (2nd Rd) - CGY, EDM, NSH, PHX, OTT, BUF, CAR, WSH
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Points (3rd Rd) - CGY, PHX, WSH, BUF
----------------------------------------------------
2 Points (4th Rd) - PHX, WSH
  • 0

#1899 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

    Canucks Third-Line

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts
  • Joined: 05-July 09

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

2017 draft
  • Toronto Maple Leafs = 48.2% chance @ 1st, 51.8% chance @ 2nd
  • Tampa Bay Lightning = 18.8% chance @ 1st, 42.0% chance @ 2nd, 39.2% chance @ 3rd
  • Los Angeles Kings = 14.2% chance @ 1st, 56.1% chance @ 3rd, 29.7% chance @ 4th
  • New York Rangers = 10.7% chance @ 1st, 66.7% chance @ 4th, 22.6% chance @ 5th
  • Dallas Stars = 8.1% chance @ 1st, 74.7% chance @ 5th, 17.2% chance @ 6th
  • Minnesota Wild = 6.2% chance @ 2nd, 80.7% chance @ 6th, 13.1% chance @ 7th
  • Columbus Blue Jackets = 4.7% chance @ 3rd, 85.4% chance @ 7th, 9.9% chance @ 8th
  • San Jose Sharks = 3.6% chance @ 4th, 89.0% chance @ 8th, 7.4% chance @ 9th
  • Detroit Red Wings = 2.7% chance @ 5th, 91.8% chance @ 9th, 5.5% chance @ 10th
  • Vancouver Canucks = 2.1% chance @ 6th, 94.0% chance @ 10th, 3.9% chance @ 11th
  • Winnipeg Jets = 1.5% chance @ 7th, 96.1% chance @ 11th, 2.4% chance @ 12th
  • Boston Bruins = 1.1% chance @ 8th, 97.6% chance @ 12th, 1.3% chance @ 13th
  • New York Islanders = 0.8% chance @ 9th, 98.7% chance @ 13th, 0.5% chance @ 14th
  • Philadelphia Flyers = 0.5% chance @ 10th, 99.5% chance @ 14th
  • Anaheim Ducks
  • St. Louis Blues
  • Pittsburgh Penguins
  • Montreal Canadiens
  • Chicago Blackhawks
  • Edmonton Oilers
  • Colorado Avalanche
  • Florida Panthers
  • New Jersey Devils
  • Nashville Predators
  • Carolina Hurricanes
  • Ottawa Senators
  • Buffalo Sabres
  • Calgary Flames
  • Stanley Cup Finalist
  • Stanley Cup Champion
1st through 14th picks are teams that missed the playoffs. They are entered into a lottery with the lottery winner moving up by up to 4 spots. The percentages of each possible pick are shown above.

15th through 26th picks are teams that were eliminated within the first 2 rounds of the playoffs, in order of their finishing position (worst record picks highest). Division winners always pick last.

27th and 28th picks go to the runner-ups in the Conference Finals (again, order of finishing position and division winners always pick last)

29th goes to the Stanley Cup runner-up and 30th goes to the Stanley Cup Champion.
  • 0

#1900 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

    Canucks Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • Joined: 19-May 12

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

The Buffalo Sabres would like to congratulate the Washington Capitals on a good, hard-fought series. We wish them luck in the finals.
  • 0
CDC Sim Connected: Nashville GM
LOB (PS3): Boston GM

#1901 mpt

mpt

    Canucks First-Line

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,475 posts
  • Joined: 08-November 03

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

I have a feeling WSH will repeat as champions, too much firepower. I have no idea how mpt gets these GMs to give them their top superstars and top picks for next to nothing. I guess other people get easily manipulated by his smooth negotiations.


That's pretty harsh man, my "firepower" is grown within.

Tanabe was a Washington first rounder, Ovie and Backstrom are obviously stock players.

Alzner and Carlson are my top defenders, stock players. My 2nd pairing D are Orlov (stock player) and Manning was a UFA signing in the first offseason. The core of my team is grown internally.

The trade that everyone likes to bring up "Laich Booth" trade, I haven't even been able to use Gaunce yet, he's still yet to play a NHL game 5 years into the league. I didn't swindle him into that trade, he kept upping his offer until I couldn't say no. Trav was going to veto it, then he went on and tried to convince Trav why it should go through. It was purely motivated by him.

I feel my most important trade that I ever did, I'd like to thank Coleman. Renting him Thornton when no one else even inquired about Thornton when I finished 2nd last, was the deal that got me where I am.

His deal was the trade that gave me a disposable 4 star prospect that I was able to trade back to him for Vokoun which allowed me to trade Neuvirth, Pavelski and Orlov for Hossa and the 1st overall pick (Leetch). Without acquiring Despres for Thornton, none of those trades would of happened as I wouldn't of had the assets to get that deal done.

Those two most important trades above were completely fair trades for both parties.

The so called Dupe trades gave me the depth, not the firepower. Half of which those players have still yet to play a single NHL game.

Edited by mpt, 05 December 2012 - 09:13 AM.

  • 0

#1902 shiznak

shiznak

    Canucks First-Line

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,356 posts
  • Joined: 05-August 03

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

That wasn't a jab at you, mpt. You did what everyone else wish they could do, to get the maximum value of a deal. Take it as a complement.

It was however a jab at the other GMs.
  • 0

f9mgqu.png


#1903 mpt

mpt

    Canucks First-Line

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,475 posts
  • Joined: 08-November 03

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

The Washington Capitals would like to welcome Phoenix to the big show, it's a historic day in your franchise and we wish you well. The Capitals expect a hard fought series.

Edited by mpt, 05 December 2012 - 04:01 PM.

  • 0

#1904 FS91

FS91

    Canucks Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Joined: 21-July 09

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

.

Edited by Flying.Skate91, 05 December 2012 - 06:35 PM.

  • 0

#1905 shiznak

shiznak

    Canucks First-Line

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,356 posts
  • Joined: 05-August 03

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

Is it possible to sim the finals at 8pm and then the draft at 4am?
  • 0

f9mgqu.png


#1906 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

    Canucks Franchise Player

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,010 posts
  • Joined: 27-March 07

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

NJD willing to make moves in the off-season.


Engelland most likely off the table unless you wow me.
  • 0

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL


#1907 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

    Canucks Franchise Player

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,010 posts
  • Joined: 27-March 07

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Is it possible to sim the finals at 8pm and then the draft at 4am?

Well we've screwed around with the schedule quite a bit, and the one that we have is what we came to.

Finals at 8 and draft at 4 would be skipping a day. Not sure what others think.
  • 0

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL


#1908 shiznak

shiznak

    Canucks First-Line

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,356 posts
  • Joined: 05-August 03

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

What about just the finals at 8pm and the draft tomorrow?

I don't care either way, just wanted to speed up the playoffs a little, so other GMs who didn't make it to the playoffs, don't have to sit around another day.
  • 0

f9mgqu.png


#1909 mpt

mpt

    Canucks First-Line

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,475 posts
  • Joined: 08-November 03

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

Well we've screwed around with the schedule quite a bit, and the one that we have is what we came to.

Finals at 8 and draft at 4 would be skipping a day. Not sure what others think.

.

I haven't set my lines yet and I won't be home until 9. So I'm going to say No
  • 0

#1910 Mackcanuck

Mackcanuck

    Comets Star

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Joined: 06-July 08

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

There is trading allowed after the SCF sim and that would be taking a trade period away.
However, the SCF sim could go early if agreed by the 2 participants but the draft must stay at its regular time giving more time to improve your draft status.
An early SCF sim would give more time for trading

Edited by Mackcanuck, 05 December 2012 - 06:03 PM.

  • 0

kevinbieksa_4622-218x150.jpg


#1911 mpt

mpt

    Canucks First-Line

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,475 posts
  • Joined: 08-November 03

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

What about just the finals at 8pm and the draft tomorrow?

I don't care either way, just wanted to speed up the playoffs a little, so other GMs who didn't make it to the playoffs, don't have to sit around another day.

If teams are wanting to watch their games we need to give them a full evening.
  • 0

#1912 mpt

mpt

    Canucks First-Line

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,475 posts
  • Joined: 08-November 03

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

There is trading allowed after the SCF sim and that would be taking a trade period away.
However, the SCF sim could go early if agreed by the 2 participants but the draft must stay at its regular time giving more time to improve your draft status.
An early SCF sim would give more time for trading


Maybe next time but not this time, my team isn't ready
  • 0

#1913 Mackcanuck

Mackcanuck

    Comets Star

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Joined: 06-July 08

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Please do not sim the draft early!!!!!!!!
  • 0

kevinbieksa_4622-218x150.jpg


#1914 WillyFox

WillyFox

    Canucks Regular

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts
  • Joined: 19-March 11

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Bruins players on the block

Milan Lucic (85)
Patrice Bergeron (86)
Jonni pitkinen (85)

Really need to change the bruins team culture as we have missed the playoffs all but one year unacceptable for the city and fans. Bruins with plenty of cash this FA they will be players for top free agents.
  • 0
GO Canucks GO

#1915 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

    Canucks Third-Line

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts
  • Joined: 05-July 09

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Yeah, don't sim the draft early. Day of trading is crucial especially if you expect to be tight against the cap (say if you have guys that increased way more than expected) and need to clear cap space or if you're rebuilding and want to secure a better draft position. Not everyone will be online tonight, so that limits your trade options.
  • 0

#1916 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

    Canucks Franchise Player

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,010 posts
  • Joined: 27-March 07

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

I guess we've come to a conclusion. Regular schedule.
  • 0

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL


#1917 Hamhuis2

Hamhuis2

    Canucks Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts
  • Joined: 07-July 11

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

Hey, I'm in the OMEGA league and I had a question for you guys which could affect a possible deal for me.

How does Jakob Markstrom progress?
  • 0
Chicago Blackhawks NHL 14 OCDC League 2013/2014

J. Schultz(81)-Toews(92)-Pacioretty(88)....Keith(90)-Phaneuf(87)................Crawford(86)
Burns(87)-Kadri(85)-Yakupov(83)..............Hjalmarson(85)-N. Schultz(84)....Khabby(76)
Clarkson(83)-Zibanejad(80)-Ennis(82).......Koska(78)-Murray(83)
Kobasew(78)-Hanszus(79)-Morin(76)

#1918 dchan2579

dchan2579

    Comets Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Joined: 05-August 12

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

Canadiens are looking for a 1st line RW and a top 4 OFD (preferably right-handed).

Notable players up for discussion:
Benn (86 ovr LW, age 27)
Cowen (85 ovr D, age 26)
Kadri (80 ovr C, age 26)
  • 0

#1919 coleman26

coleman26

    Canucks Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Joined: 09-August 12

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

The Colorado Avalanche will be wide open for deals leading up to the draft. Feel free to contact on just about any deal, though it will take more than value to move Heard, Toews, Pacioretty, Faulk, Siemens, or Beleskey.
  • 0

#1920 mpt

mpt

    Canucks First-Line

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,475 posts
  • Joined: 08-November 03

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

Looks like St Louis has been claimed by a friend of Stitch, welcome aboard shawu127
  • 0




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.