The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 3

DollarAndADream

Poll Regarding Player Rental Trades  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sinple and effective punishment:

Ottawa, go buy out the contracts you gave Green and Spezza, now. You carry those dead cap hits as your punishment, and you won't be eligible to sign them when UFA opens. Done. He doesn't get his players, and carrying 5m in dead cap for a few years is worse punishment than anything. And it's an easy fix, you do it, or you're out of the league. Then no one has to squabble about how much he paid them and how we could have offered less or anything.

If we're going with a removal of 1st round picks, I'd rather the picks be given to a team that doesn't have a 1st rounder in those years, and then have those teams put the absolute worst player they can find as their top choice, therefore actually burning the pick and making it worthless. That way we aren't needlessly arming anyone, in case that ends up being a 1st overall or something.

edit: Ottawa def doesn't have his 2017 1st, btw

I don't mean to argue, but I'm not sure if penalizing RR this badly or threatening to ban him is the best thing to do when we're already having a hard time filling up the remaining teams. Maybe if there were ppl lined up to join the league, but it seems like GM's are quite scarce. And If RR quits who is going to want to take over Ottawa with 5M worth of buyout cap?

If RR buys out those players he will still have $14M in cap to work with and a pretty competitive team.

I do not want RR to be booted or to quit, he is a solid and fun guy. He made a mistake, as we all have.

Colemans idea of having to buy them out is a great idea and is enough of a deterrent.

Lets just move on and forget about it.

If we're going with a removal of 1st round picks, I'd rather the picks be given to a team that doesn't have a 1st rounder in those years, and then have those teams put the absolute worst player they can find as their top choice, therefore actually burning the pick and making it worthless. That way we aren't needlessly arming anyone, in case that ends up being a 1st overall or something.

edit: Ottawa def doesn't have his 2017 1st, btw

Yeah, my position wasn't that picks should be included, only that if the decision was made to include picks, they should be burned and not given willy-nilly to CPU teams. I think the 4.333m x 6 years hit is a decent penalty, it basically means he'll have to build while being 1 year back on Cap Increases. It's a fine penalty, I'm on the 'let's do it and move on' train

I like the random.org idea. It's kind of like a first time offence where RR just get a slap on the wrist. Like if you get caught speeding for the first time in your life you're not going to be sent to Guantanamo bay (unless you're brown and in Texas). And the only teams who can participate in the random draw must have enough cap for it. I don't know how much cap Green and Spezza have, but for me I'm pretty sure I won't be able to afford them so I won't put myself in the draw. We might only see a hanful of teams who are both interested in either Spezza and Green and who can afford their salary.

He /topic/336537-nhl-13-cdc-sim-connected-ps3-sim-league-pt-3/page__view__findpost__p__10972066">asked what the penalty was and was told he'd be stripped of 5 of his best players. Why would we be lenient? Because he might quit? He asked what would happen if he broke the rules, then he broke them. Leniency shouldn't be on the table.

Dollar and a Dream and the BoG(mpt) will sort this out.(as if they need to deal with this)

Remember people it is a game.A VERY competitive game and we all want to win,but it is also supposed to be enjoyable for all participants.

I say leave it to the capable hands of our Commish and lets just carry on.

Once again if I could vouch for RR, in the dealings I have had with him he has been great to deal with and an asset to the league.

Im gonna break my silence because i dont want people arguing and hating on me... signing Spezza and Green was a Honest mistake. Why would i re-sign them knowing i would get banned or severely penalized? And it seems like some people here would rather punish for their enjoyment (you know who you are, and im not gonna call you out because i dont snoop to your levels) and some are being kind enough to help with the situation. Im not quiting unless i am told too and i hope it doesnt come to that. I love this league and many of the GM's. Im not gonna say anything else, and i have messaged the Commish and hope this incident gets resolved.

I guarantee it. I could do it even if I had a first round pick. Just go grab someone from the last page and move them into your #1 slot. If you only have one 1st Round Pick, it'll default, and if I even had my own 1st and Ottawa's was worse, I could make it work.

Im gonna break my silence because i dont want people arguing and hating on me... signing Spezza and Green was a Honest mistake. Why would i re-sign them knowing i would get banned or severely penalized? And it seems like some people here would rather punish for their enjoyment (you know who you are, and im not gonna call you out because i dont snoop to your levels) and some are being kind enough to help with the situation. Im not quiting unless i am told too and i hope it doesnt come to that. I love this league and many of the GM's. Im not gonna say anything else, and i have messaged the Commish and hope this incident gets resolved.

Here's the thing: If you create rules and GMs break them, mistake or not, they need to be held accountable. If D&D lets you off scot-free, the next time someone breaks the rules and actually does get punished, it begs for someone to start throwing out accusations of bias.

The same rules and penalties need to apply to all.

As far as punishment goes i think i should get one (mistake or not like you said) but keep it reasonable. If it comes down to me buying out Spezza and Green and having 5 mil in dead cap space for 6 years and an additional 2 @ 2.333 seems more than fair for and some people it borders "light". How would you like having that much cap gone for a simple mistake. On top of that some are saying i have to give up 1-2 1sts to teams that are low in rankings. Why not just give Spezza and Green to them instead of making good teams better? I'm starting to see why many people go idle or dont join this league there is defiantly some big ego's and abuse of power.

EDIT: Im not pointing any fingers at anyone, i just wanted to voice my last opinion. After this gets resovled (if im still here) i will not be posting here so any trade proposals will have to be done in game.

Ottawa is great for this league. He won't be banned or kicked. There will be a punishment though.

I can't see how this was an honest mistake. There's no way you forgot the rule either as a few days ago when we asked about changing it, you commented on nothing should be changed so you could attempt to re-sign them again.

On the other hand running over a pedestrian in your car could be an honest mistake but there are still consequences for your actions. Obviously this isn't nearly as serious but discipline has to be made.

We still encourage you to use the forum, people make mistakes we are human after all. It's how we deal with them that make us a professional.

We still respect you and like you. We want you a part of this league and we want you to remain active. With actions come consequences; take the consequences from your actions and lets move on. Not everything needs to be a big deal.

Archived