The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 3

DollarAndADream

Poll Regarding Player Rental Trades  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Then you should have to place one of your other one way contracts that you signed this offseason on waivers, You wouldn't of been able to sign everyone if you currently can't afford Krueger.  I had to let players walk too because I had no idea what they asked for.  I had to sign one of my guys for 2 million more per season because they disappeared.  I'm not asking for an exemption on the players I had to let walk.  I will though if everyone thinks its fair.

Just because both you and I got screwed doesn't mean we should be able to find a loophole to allow us to go over the cap.

The glitch seems to happen when you bury one-way contracts in the minors and either trade for more one-way contracts or sign another one-way contract without having the buried one-way contract in your roster.

Then you should have to place one of your other one way contracts that you signed this offseason on waivers, You wouldn't of been able to sign everyone if you currently can't afford Krueger. I had to let players walk too because I had no idea what they asked for. I had to sign one of my guys for 2 million more per season because they disappeared. I'm not asking for an exemption on the players I had to let walk. I will though if everyone thinks its fair.

Just because both you and I got screwed doesn't mean we should be able to find a loophole to allow us to go over the cap.

We'll let trav decide this.

You could of re-signed everyone, you opted to sign your players to longer term deals for more money, then you ran out of money. I offered two of my prospects 6 year deals instead of 8, just so I could re-sign everyone. I didn't know how much they were going to ask for either; i'm not asking to renegotiate the other contracts even though I could easily afford both of them at 8 years.

I also let UFA's walk that I actually wanted, because I knew I had three guys that disappeared. You can't act like you are 100% a victim when you could of easily re-signed everyone but you chose to offer your players longer contracts and thus couldn't afford everyone.

If you are allowed to reserve Krueger, then unfortunately Haddad, Weber and Glencross can't be signed as well as they are property of Washington, because the only reason I couldn't re-sign them is because I lost Yakupov, Marincin, and my backup G and I didn't know what they would be asking for.

You under compensated the value they would ask for and ran out of money (even though this was avoidable with other contract options) and I over compensated and cleared up too much room and I'm left with much more cap that I really wanted.

Either way we are in the same boat. If you get to keep Krueger then I feel I should be able to keep Glencross Haddad and Weber.

We'll let trav decide this.

You could of re-signed everyone, you opted to sign your players to longer term deals for more money, then you ran out of money. I offered two of my prospects 6 year deals instead of 8, just so I could re-sign everyone. I didn't know how much they were going to ask for either; i'm not asking to renegotiate the other contracts even though I could easily afford both of them at 8 years.

I also let UFA's walk that I actually wanted, because I knew I had three guys that disappeared. You can't act like you are 100% a victim when you could of easily re-signed everyone but you chose to offer your players longer contracts and thus couldn't afford everyone.

NOT TRUE I was forced to sign players for lowest asking prices in order to make room. Every contract i gave this year was at players desired amount of years at their lowest asking price. Rienhart wanted 6 years at $4 million which i would of gladly taken but in order to make room i offered 1 year at 2.5 same goes with gormley and all the players I resigned. Please check with me or get your facts straight before throwing out false accusations

Yes because I thought my lost players would want less . I’m short by 500 thousand I tried to guess to the best of my ability on what they would want.

I guess I will just wait for travs decision

On that note Calgary will be having a Barn Buster Blowout sale on D men the following players are available at listed price for 1 day only.

Gunnarsson 82 - 2nd round pick

Sauer 81 - 3rd round pick

Babchuk 81- 4th

Sekera 81 - 4th

It will be first come first serve unless better offer given.

Yes because I thought my lost players would want less . I’m short by 500 thousand I tried to guess to the best of my ability on what they would want.

I guess I will just wait for travs decision

On that note Calgary will be having a Barn Buster Blowout sale on D men the following players are available at listed price for 1 day only.

Gunnarsson 82 - 2nd round pick

Sauer 82 - 3rd round pick

Babchuk 81- 4th

Sekera 82 - 4th

It will be first come first serve unless better offer given.

Once I saw that Gaunce wanted 6.7 million per season, I had to let Glencross, Haddad and Weber walk, as Yakupov was only 1 overall less. I didn't know he was going to ask for 2.8 million per. Thats 4 million right there.

I was off by 6.5 million, you did a better job at guessing than me.

The real rules are you can be over the cap by 10% during the offseason just as you are allowed to be under the floor( no limit) during the off season.

You must be cap compliant in time for the 1st game of the season or face penalty.

It seems this rule is perfect for exactly this situation.

The real rules are you can be over the cap by 10% during the offseason just as you are allowed to be under the floor( no limit) during the off season.

You must be cap compliant in time for the 1st game of the season or face penalty.

It seems this rule is perfect for exactly this situation.

I assumed once that first sim was done, everyone was on the table. If Kruger signs with me and trav's decision is that he's Calgary property, you won't have problems with me. Let me know.

edit: I believe I also offered him exactly what he asked, so no worry about having to pay an inflated price.

I think if he's clearing out players for picks he should be allowed to keep Krueger; but I think it should only be for today. If he can't get capspace by tonight's sim then he's fair game? Is that a fair compromise?

I feel bad for Calgary because we were the two teams screwed. I'm just trying to stay fair and unbiased.

I think if he's clearing out players for picks he should be allowed to keep Krueger; but I think it should only be for today. If he can't get capspace by tonight's sim then he's fair game? Is that a fair compromise?

I feel bad for Calgary because we were the two teams screwed. I'm just trying to stay fair and unbiased.

I'd take one of your D off your hands to help you out because you have one I'd take but as I stated at draft day, after draft day the Washington Capitals will not be making any trades until next offseason.

I'm not going through disappearing players again.

Archived