The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hurricane Sandy

Wetcoaster

@khinman: New York State officials tell ABC News there are 5 confirmed deaths in NY state, including three children in Westchester County

@andersoncooper NYU Medical Center power went out and backup generator failed. My thoughts are with all those working right now to save lives

@kathrynschulz: NYU hospital generator failed. Personnel manually evacuating PICU & NICU down 9 flights of stairs.

@DJDThis sums up our country: NYU Hospital has no power and must evacuate patients but banking giant Credit Suisse has lights on in every office

Thoughts and prayers with everyone caught in this mess

I never said it wasn't big. It's huge. Probably one of the biggest ever.

But size doesn't equal strength. It's a tropical storm right now, that just happens to be covering a huge area.

The damage won't be done from the winds, it will be done from the flooding. But I still wouldn't buy into the CNN hype machine that's trying to turn this into the storm of the century.

I hadn't seen this posted, but to be fair only did a quick scan of the thread...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/10/29/toronto-sandy-hurricane.html

A woman has been killed in Toronto's west end after being struck by flying debris, police have confirmed, amid wild weather lashing the city that is expected to intesify in the coming hours.

The woman was struck by a portion of a sign near Keele Street and St. Clair Avenue West around 7:20 p.m. when the piece broke loose in the wind, police said. The victim, who was pronounced dead at the scene, has not yet been identified, but paramedics told CBC News she appeared to be in her 50s and had suffered a severe head injury.

Archived