The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

3 Trades (NYR, TOR, PHX)

These are some trades I've been thinking about that could benefit the Canucks.

First trade :

To TOR: Luongo, Raymond

To VAN: Grabovski, 2013 1st

Vancouver gets a top 6 forward who is still young and could put up 50+ points playing on the second line either center or wing, depending on injuries. Van also receives hopefully a high first round pick in a deep draft.

Toronto receives an elite goalie who will be able to help them get into the playoffs, and a 2nd/3rd line winger who may just need a change of scenery, but can still put up 30+ points while adding some speed and is smart defensively.

Second Trade:

To NYR: Dale Weise, 2nd 2013

To VAN: Brian Boyle, 4th 2013

Vancouver receives a big 3rd line center who will add some size and grit to the line up, he can also put up 30ish points, and a 4th round pick.

New York receives a solid 4th line player who is still young and can only get better, and a 2nd round pick in a deep draft.

To PHX: Aaron Volpatti, NYR's 4th 2013

To VAN: Raffi Torres

Vancouver gets Torres back, a solid 3rd/4th liner who adds lots of grit and character to the team.

Phoenix receives a decent 4th liner and a pick, plus after Torres big suspension I think Phoenix isnt to big on Raffi right now.

Line up after the trades with a healthy line up:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Grabovski

Torres-Boyle-Hansen

Malhotra-Lapierre-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Schneider

Lack

Grabovski isn't going anywhere, regardless of how badly they need goaltending.

Luongo couldn't pry a big, young centerman out of Florida. How would Weise, a player they waived, pry a similar player out of New York?

I wouldn't mind the 3rd trade, but I can't see Phoenix taking a fringe 4th liner and a mid-round pick in return. I also don't think the Canucks want Torres back after he almost cost us the Chicago series in 2011.

The Rangers were reluctant to put him on waivers though, but in the end they felt the other forwards were ahead of him and had no choice. Gillis had looked at moving for him prior to that iirc, so the Rangers lost him for nothing when they could have had a low pick or something for him instead.

It's not unreasonable they'd take him back in a deal, but not as a major piece in return for Brian Boyle.

The Rangers were reluctant to put him on waivers though, but in the end they felt the other forwards were ahead of him and had no choice. Gillis had looked at moving for him prior to that iirc, so the Rangers lost him for nothing when they could have had a low pick or something for him instead.

It's not unreasonable they'd take him back in a deal, but not as a major piece in return for Brian Boyle.

Archived