5 replies to this topic

#1 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

So I just bought the game last night setup my character anyone play this game? got any hints?

#2 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

Don't spend your karma points on anything till you're lvl 80.

Try and find a distinguished guild asap. They give you pretty good boosts.

Low level items (1-20) sell very well in the auction house. Try and utilize that.

Collect crafting materiel's as much as possible. You'll become rich real easy.

Crafting levels you up faster than grinding. I think...

Do as much world events as possible. Gives a lot of Karma, EXP.

Try and unlock maps, as they give pretty awesome loot.

Unidentified items are worth a lot in the auction house. But sometimes the item(s) that you get from the unidentified item could be worth more than more. So it's up to you.

There are jumping puzzles scattered around the world. Try and do them daily, as they have pretty beast rewards.

Do daily/monthly achievements, along with any other achievements. You'll be greatly rewarded for doing so.

Revive other players.

You can do World vs World at any level. Just be careful, because your opponents most likely have godly items.

Transferring to another server is sometimes beneficial, because if your server is beating other servers in World vs World, then you'll get boosts. So if your server is struggling, then it's best if you change servers.

That's all I can think of right now... What class are you playing?

Edit:

Completing your personal storyline will give you a s*** ton of exp, and decent items/currency.

Edited by (>'-')>, 29 October 2012 - 08:47 PM.

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#3 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:14 AM

I went pretty stock Female Human Ranger. wasnt sure how it worked like if u pick certain characters people dont like you or something like that.

#4 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

I'm curious as to the second poster's idea of rich is. Having 1-5 gold(isn't really considered rich at all) or having 500+ gold. Either way, money isn't important in the game. There's nothing much to need to know about the game. Just go complete quest, craft, level, world verses world. It's designed so you go at your own pace. Only thing you really need is money for the Trainer's Book, which is what? 2 gold? and you won't be able to get it anyways until you reach a certain level. Focus on having fun, there's not much to do when you finish leveling and beating the story mode, if you choose to do that. If your in a rush to level, I think after a few main story quest, you'll get a crafting experience booster. Gather the materials and craft -> Learn how to be a chef, which is the easiest and the most affordable and then you will likely level up to 10-20 levels depending on your current level.

Edited by Rey, 02 November 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#5 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

I'm curious as to the second poster's idea of rich is. Having 1-5 gold(isn't really considered rich at all) or having 500+ gold. Either way, money isn't important in the game. There's nothing much to need to know about the game. Just go complete quest, craft, level, world verses world. It's designed so you go at your own pace. Only thing you really need is money for the Trainer's Book, which is what? 2 gold? and you won't be able to get it anyways until you reach a certain level. Focus on having fun, there's not much to do when you finish leveling and beating the story mode, if you choose to do that. If your in a rush to level, I think after a few main story quest, you'll get a crafting experience booster. Gather the materials and craft -> Learn how to be a chef, which is the easiest and the most affordable and then you will likely level up to 10-20 levels depending on your current level.

is it benefitial to pick a Bs thing like becoming a chef or something like a jeweler better?

#6 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

is it benefitial to pick a Bs thing like becoming a chef or something like a jeweler better?

I don't think it matters, I'm pretty sure you can be all of them. They just added Tailoring. You can only be 2 at a time, but it only cost a bit to change "disciplines" as they call it Chef is cheapest and easiest. It'll get you into the feel of things, others can be more expensive. For Example, I'm a weaponsmith and you'll need lots of copper which can get expensive, especially with the amount you need. Most of the chefs ingredients can be baught with money or redeemed with Karma. Contrary to what the first poster said, Karma isn't too important unless you plan to farm hours on end(I'm talking about thousands of hours) for specific armor that isn't even considered the best armor in the game.

Edited by Rey, 03 November 2012 - 02:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.