The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Credit card rewards

Langdon Algur

My wife and I meet with our advisor at our RBC who was trying to convince us to sign up for teh RBC avion travel rewards credit card. For the $100+ annual fee I'm not totally sure its worth it, but I have heard of people traveling for free all the time on reward miles. Do any of you use credit card rewards for travel? IF so which ones and how do you like it? Anyone use RBC Avion or Westjet cards?

None and neither does my savings account have any annual fee or transaction limit.

However that might be a legacy thing for me since I have had the credit card for near a decade and the savings account since I was a kid.

As an example I recently went in with the goal of setting up a joint account with the gf similar to my savings account and they would have nothing of it no matter how much I threatened to take my business elsewhere (an option I am now looking into because of their stupid decision over 10 bucks a month vs. keeping me loyal to them.)

CIBC is having a special starting November 1, where they are waiving fees for all of their credit cards for the first year. They have both travel and cash back reward cards. Many of their cards come with a free sign up bonus.

Well I have a no fee cash back card and already contribute to a TFSA...so I'm covered...lol

I got a pretty good rate when I renewed my mortgage through RBC when I threatened to go to Scotia (for my wife's staff rate). Made them beat what I could get there...they weren't happy about it, but they did it!

Archived