The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Gen Console News - XBOX 720, PS4

PlayStation

The 15 exclusives will be like 10 XBLA games and 5 Kinect games for all we know. That doesn't mean much

8 of them are of old franchises that just leaves 7 new ip's which still is good news for xbox fans because they have been severely lacking in that category for years

I hope you enjoy it.

But most people wanted to see advancements in gaming and they marketed a glorified DVR. Personally a Halo TV series and more advanced features for movies and TV aren't what I want from my console (plus it's not like PS4 won't have any of this).

As far as exlcusive games go they didn't give much info on these games if at all and Xbox has released some very crumby exlusive games in the past while many consider playstation to have a more rounded set of exlusives.

What I saw was a industry push a product marketed for recreational family type gamers.

I know I'll enjoy it and I know millions will as well.

You can't expect them to give you all the info of the console within the hour. These conferences do not work like that.

Obviously we'll get a more in depth look at e3, that's how it's always been.

Yes you could probably say ps4 has better exclusive titles, but that's all opinion based. What I didn't here from Sony they will have 15+ exclusive tittles within the first YEAR of launch.

Including 8 brand new franchises.

I own all 3 consoles, I mainly play my Xbox because all my friends have them. My point being Xbox has already won the console selling wars, people are buying Xbox more then ps3 and wii now.

So getting back to my point, of course they'll try to appeal to more "family type gamers". For them that's where they'll sell more consoles, and it'll work. BUT what this means is a better experience for the hardcore gamers, we'll have more to do and with more sales, even more exclusives.

I only see good things for Microsoft going forward.

bottom line we know Microsoft priority and that's to become an entertainment box expanding their customer base while Sony has shown time and time again they are making a gaming unit

smart business choice for Microsoft they probably will sell more units but actual gamers will probably lean in favor of the PS4

We don't know anything about the new IPs, I'd rather have established ones rather than hope that M$ can deliver good ones.

The ones they already have are just getting worse. Halo is a joke now. It's gone way downhill since 3.

Plus, all of the TV stuff they showed off? Only in the US, we can't even use it.

It'll work for them and they'll sell tons of systems, but it's not for the hardcore gamer. It's all about the casuals now.

PS4 will be the better gaming system in my eyes. No contest

Remember, the 360 had a lot of exclusives (mostly generic shooting games) in its first year, but then it died down and severely lacked solid exclusives. If they can continually pump out exclusives they might be okay though.

We don't know anything about the new IPs, I'd rather have established ones rather than hope that M$ can deliver good ones.

The ones they already have are just getting worse. Halo is a joke now. It's gone way downhill since 3.

Plus, all of the TV stuff they showed off? Only in the US, we can't even use it.

It'll work for them and they'll sell tons of systems, but it's not for the hardcore gamer. It's all about the casuals now.

Halo was the reason I got a PS3 and not an Xbox 360. Most people I know that have a 360 got it just for Halo.

Halo was the reason I got a PS3 and not an Xbox 360. Most people I know that have a 360 got it just for Halo.

I got the original Xbox for Halo, and a 360 for Halo 3 (among other things) I loved the series

That's not how consoles work, the hardware in both the ps4 and Xboxone will almost be identical. It's up to the company's who produce the games to make them.

The Xbox will still appeal to the hardcore gamer, it's ridiculous to say otherwise.

All they've done is expanded their market.

That's not how consoles work, the hardware in both the ps4 and Xboxone will almost be identical. It's up to the company's who produce the games to make them.

The Xbox will still appeal to the hardcore gamer, it's ridiculous to say otherwise.

All they've done is expanded their market.

I didn't say it wouldn't appeal to them, I said it's not ABOUT them

I didn't say it wouldn't appeal to them, I said it's not ABOUT them

But that doesn't make sense, of course it's about them. It's just they now have a new market as well now.

It's not like the Hardcore gamers will suffer because the individual gaming company's will still make games for the hardcore gamers.

This generation hardcore gamers have already suffered, lots of 3rd party companies are moving to a more casual market because they know that's where the money is. We get charged for all these add ons, online passes and to even play online at all.

What M$ showed today is that they are going towards a more family and casual market. Hardcore gamers don't care about the Kinect, or watching TV (Only the US can use that anyway)

it's not just M$ either, Sony and most of all Nintendo are offenders as well.

If you like what you see, that's awesome. I'm not trying to bash your opinion, and I would love to be proven wrong, believe me I would. I just don't see that happening though.

I'm just incredibly disappointed in all a lot of the next gen news so far.

This generation hardcore gamers have already suffered, lots of 3rd party companies are moving to a more casual market because they know that's where the money is. We get charged for all these add ons, online passes and to even play online at all.

What M$ showed today is that they are going towards a more family and casual market. Hardcore gamers don't care about the Kinect, or watching TV (Only the US can use that anyway)

it's not just M$ either, Sony and most of all Nintendo are offenders as well.

If you like what you see, that's awesome. I'm not trying to bash your opinion, and I would love to be proven wrong, believe me I would. I just don't see that happening though.

I'm just incredibly disappointed in all a lot of the next gen news so far.

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say though.

I'm agreeing with you that Xbox and ps4 is trying to appeal to more a casual audience. But the hardware will be upgraded, that's obvious.

Even though they appeal to a more casual audience, that doesn't mean the ubisofts of the world has to.

so with ea's exclusive partnership with the xbox, are they dropping sony support?

They are still producing games for the PS4, Fifa 14 will be available for the PS4 as well, but one part of HUT will only be available for the One. I could see it being like this (certain parts of modes, but not the whole game).

Xboxone? Hate that name. Plus the box is frigging huge. I'll stick with the PS

Microsoft wants people to use the XboxOne as an all in one media hub, so if Microsoft's marketing team is able to do their job correctly, families will be replacing their satellite boxes, dvd players and whatnot for a XboxOne.

Oh, and PC master race... hue

Archived