The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Gen Console News - XBOX 720, PS4

PlayStation

Yeah, wouldve got it if NHL and GTA came out on ps4 in the fall. And yeah there tends to be some problems that get fixed within a year of 1st releasing a console.

Plus you can always hope for a price drop.

Yep. Sadly NHL 14 won't be released for the next gen consoles :(

haha no kidding, it would be cool if they listened to the communities concerns and addressed them directly. Which they are slowly starting to do, but really we all know they could do a lot of these features in one year instead of 3 or 4

Agreed. They're just slowly improving it cause then they wouldn't have anything to improve in the long run. The thing I hate is how NHL is so slow on the PS3. :/

Agreed. They're just slowly improving it cause then they wouldn't have anything to improve in the long run. The thing I hate is how NHL is so slow on the PS3. :/

Yeah! Its like they downgraded, what the hell is up with that. I remember when I first got the game I couldnt believe how friggin slow the simulation was, ive just gotten used to it now(actually its more of just putting up with it than getting used to it)

Yeah! Its like they downgraded, what the hell is up with that. I remember when I first got the game I couldnt believe how friggin slow the simulation was, ive just gotten used to it now(actually its more of just putting up with it than getting used to it)

So true lol. I've been trying to get this Be a GM trophy in which you have to get Legendary GM status, [i don't play the games, I sim them] and i'm 85% of the way there. It has taken me sooo long! I'm now in the 2023-2024 season :/. At one point I almost deleted it lmao. The other thing is that goalies let in shortside goals EVERY time. :picard:

So true lol. I've been trying to get this Be a GM trophy in which you have to get Legendary GM status, [i don't play the games, I sim them] and i'm 85% of the way there. It has taken me sooo long! I'm now in the 2023-2024 season :/. At one point I almost deleted it lmao. The other thing is that goalies let in shortside goals EVERY time. :picard:

Lol basically every NHL is a beta. They sell it as a final product, but its a beta in the gaming world.

Pretty much every other game maker takes anywhere from 2-7 years (rough estimate) to make a game. So when EA Sports bangs one out in a year while making several others (4+), its not getting the amount of time it needs to be a true final product.

If they teamed up with another company they could have one working on NHL 15 while they other one has already been working on NHL 16. So by the time the fall of 2015 comes around, 2 years has been put into making the game instead of one.

Lol basically every NHL is a beta. They sell it as a final product, but its a beta in the gaming world.

Pretty much every other game maker takes anywhere from 2-7 years (rough estimate) to make a game. So when EA Sports bangs one out in a year while making several others (4+), its not getting the amount of time it needs to be a true final product.

If they teamed up with another company they could have one working on NHL 15 while they other one has already been working on NHL 16. So by the time the fall of 2015 comes around, 2 years has been put into making the game instead of one.

Sort of like Call of Duty

Very true. It is absolutely dreadful. I owned it for both (before my PS3 broke) and I find the 360 version was over twice as fast. It would sim to the playoffs while the PS3 version will still be at the middle of November at best.

Yeah, dont follow COD but thats where the idea was from. I got it from somewhere, dunno if it was CDC or somewhere else, but someone else proposed this and I immidietly agreed.

It would easily make the games worth spending $60+

Very true. It is absolutely dreadful. I owned it for both (before my PS3 broke) and I find the 360 version was over twice as fast. It would sim to the playoffs while the PS3 version will still be at the middle of November at best.

Yep. It pisses me off so much :(

For a lot of people (including me) this doesn't change anything, still getting a ps4.

Same lol. Only reason they're changing everything is cause they figured out how much of a joke the One was compared to the PS4.

Archived