The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Disney buys Lucas Films for 4 Billion and plans on coming out with Star Wars episode 7 in 2015

Samk

I'm not pleased with this. I don't care about the Lucas Films sale, but its extremely likely that any more Star Wars movies will ruin the franchise. Where would they go with the storyline? Would they follow the Expanded Star Wars Universe? Would they use all new characters? The force is not strong with Disney.

I bet Harrison Ford or Mark Hamil at least make cameo appearances in them.

I wish they would go darker with Star Wars, kind of like they did with Batman. But the problem is, if it's Disney that will never happen. They have to appeal to families, because that's what their brand is.

I remember seeing an interview (for the 97 special edition) with George where he talked about the whole story being 9 episodes. He mentioned how there's supposed to be a prequel trilogy as well as the story continuing on. 7,8,9 are about the New Republic but with how much George connected 1-6 with the story of Anakin I'm not sure if 7,8,9 could have any real continuity anymore. I would definitely be interested if Disney had just done a different Star Wars franchise set in a different timeframe.

Archived