The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Disney buys Lucas Films for 4 Billion and plans on coming out with Star Wars episode 7 in 2015

Samk

I remember seeing an interview (for the 97 special edition) with George where he talked about the whole story being 9 episodes. He mentioned how there's supposed to be a prequel trilogy as well as the story continuing on. 7,8,9 are about the New Republic but with how much George connected 1-6 with the story of Anakin I'm not sure if 7,8,9 could have any real continuity anymore. I would definitely be interested if Disney had just done a different Star Wars franchise set in a different timeframe.

I remember seeing an interview (for the 97 special edition) with George where he talked about the whole story being 9 episodes. He mentioned how there's supposed to be a prequel trilogy as well as the story continuing on. 7,8,9 are about the New Republic but with how much George connected 1-6 with the story of Anakin I'm not sure if 7,8,9 could have any real continuity anymore. I would definitely be interested if Disney had just done a different Star Wars franchise set in a different timeframe.

I remember being about 9 when I saw A New Hope on vhs, was a great day

Stood in line for the premier of Phantom Menace, not so great

here's hoping for 7-9 getting back to the original magic. hopefully it can still be branded as Lucasfilm, and not have the limitations a Disney movie would

The resurrection of their John Carter series should work well with a rename to Star Wars ep. 7.

Off-topic, was just thinking, 'Hey, where's the Dune remake?' and then i google it and see it's coming in 2014. Shouldn't have even asked myself. Everything that i have seen will come back sooner or later.

The director and the casting will determine everything.

If they get James Cameron or Christopher Nolan, it would be awesome. Not gonna happen though.

And go back to using models and puppets. So much better then blowing the budget on special effects.

I think...

Ep 7 will be where Luke turns to the Dark Side like his father before him. He briefly touched upon it when battling Darth Vadar. Leia then takes on a quest to become a Jedi since Yoda hinted she could become one.

Ep8 will be when Darth Luke is ruling. Han and Leia have children...twins.

Ep9 will be when the twins become Jedi and together defeat Darth Luke.

:lol:

I think...

Ep 7 will be where Luke turns to the Dark Side like his father before him. He briefly touched upon it when battling Darth Vadar. Leia then takes on a quest to become a Jedi since Yoda hinted she could become one.

Ep8 will be when Darth Luke is ruling. Han and Leia have children...twins.

Ep9 will be when the twins become Jedi and together defeat Darth Luke.

:lol:

This is a good possibility. Jacen Solo turns to the dark side and becomes Darth Caedus. His antagonist eventually becomes his twin sister Jaina. (who after training with the Mandalorians, is known as the Sword of the Jedi)

Those of us who have been reading the multiple print additions to the Star Wars franchise know that there are several angles which could be pursued. For example, there is the not so subtle suggestion that the tipping point for Jacen's defection was his incarceration by the Yuuzhan Vong.

The story of the Vong invasion by itself, could encompass several films...

I'll judge after I watch it.

They still have to bring back Luke, Solo, and Leia......too bad the actor are a bit old but I think makeup and other special effect can make them 10 years younger........R2 D2 and C3P0 should be back but in the backstory like Luke is the head of the new jedi council, Leia a senator, etc

Archived