The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van-Edm

Mike gillis needs to get young players that can make a difference right now out of Luongo... Edm needs a good goaltender AKA Luongo. Paajarvi has had some bad years but has the potential to be a great power foward. Gagner would actually be a great 3rd line center maybe even second line eventually. right now EDM has too many young fowards so they can afford to lose these two. and Theo Peckhem oh man do the canucks ever need him... one of the toughest players in the league

We don't really need any of those players.... I don't think Gagner would be a very good 3rd line center and Paajarvi has done sqaut in the NHL since he was drafted. He has been in the minors and even then hasn't been doing all that much.

The thing is, we improve slightly gaining a third line center. But we get a bottom pair defenseman and a prospect who has struggled since his transition to North America. The Oilers win this deal by far because of how much of an upgrade they get in goal in comparison to what we get out of the deal.

Gagner is also more physical than Bozak and didn't get the same offensive opportunities as Bozak. Bozak got 1st line minutes and only got 47 points, so what would he get with 3rd line minutes? 20? Gagner played behind RNH and Horcoff.

I like the trade. More youth, more skill, more toughness. Do it MG.

IMO Kesler is a better 3rd line centremen. He will still get all his minutes with PK and PP but for 5 on 5 he suits a shutdown role. Gagner would use his wingers better, especially as gets older and better.

I like the idea of getting Gagner and Paajarvi but I don't think the Oilers would want Raymond and Sauve. Raymond is exactly the type of player they have a surplus of and at this point Sauve hasn't done enough to gain any real value. I would bet my money they would want Jannek Hansen or Chris Higgins thrown in the deal along with a draft pick. After some of the ELCs expire they are going to need to move some money around and there's no telling what the cap will be in the new CBA.

Archived