• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

To Van:
Magnus Paajarvi, Sam Gagner, Theo Peckham

To EDM:
Luongo, Raymond,Sauve

Edited by BertuzziFan2010, 30 October 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#2 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

We don't really need any of those players.... I don't think Gagner would be a very good 3rd line center and Paajarvi has done sqaut in the NHL since he was drafted. He has been in the minors and even then hasn't been doing all that much.
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

We don't really need any of those players.... I don't think Gagner would be a very good 3rd line center and Paajarvi has done sqaut in the NHL since he was drafted. He has been in the minors and even then hasn't been doing all that much.

Agreed. If we are to take a young player who could be moved, I would like Anton Lander.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#4 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Mike gillis needs to get young players that can make a difference right now out of Luongo... Edm needs a good goaltender AKA Luongo. Paajarvi has had some bad years but has the potential to be a great power foward. Gagner would actually be a great 3rd line center maybe even second line eventually. right now EDM has too many young fowards so they can afford to lose these two. and Theo Peckhem oh man do the canucks ever need him... one of the toughest players in the league

#5 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

Mike gillis needs to get young players that can make a difference right now out of Luongo... Edm needs a good goaltender AKA Luongo. Paajarvi has had some bad years but has the potential to be a great power foward. Gagner would actually be a great 3rd line center maybe even second line eventually. right now EDM has too many young fowards so they can afford to lose these two. and Theo Peckhem oh man do the canucks ever need him... one of the toughest players in the league

The thing is, we improve slightly gaining a third line center. But we get a bottom pair defenseman and a prospect who has struggled since his transition to North America. The Oilers win this deal by far because of how much of an upgrade they get in goal in comparison to what we get out of the deal.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#6 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,337 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

You're joking about Gagner, right? He may not be the best 2nd line center, but if he can put an inch or two on and 20 or so pounds, he would excel as a third line center in Vancouver. In 5 NHL season's he has averaged 41-49 points and has 220 for his career. Very solid production.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#7 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

The thing is, we improve slightly gaining a third line center. But we get a bottom pair defenseman and a prospect who has struggled since his transition to North America. The Oilers win this deal by far because of how much of an upgrade they get in goal in comparison to what we get out of the deal.

Paajarvi was also caught in the shadow of the other young stars on his team... He has the potential to be a great power foward. Yea agreed he has fallen behind but i would rather gamble on him than raymond.... and Peckham is not just a bottom D pairing defensmen, he can fight and intimidate players on the other team which is what the canucks currently need.. he would for sure stick up for the sedins.. would also give us the opprotunity to trade ballard and his big salary. what would you rather Bozak,kadri, franson? cause at this point Luongo isn't going to get us much

#8 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

I would rather have Bozak than Gagner.

And Paajarvi really hasn't done much and Peckham doesn't help us at all cause we have Alberts who is just as good if not better than Peckham.

No thanks.

zackass.png

#9 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

I would rather have Bozak than Gagner.

And Paajarvi really hasn't done much and Peckham doesn't help us at all cause we have Alberts who is just as good if not better than Peckham.

No thanks.

Care to explain how bozak is better than ganger? ganger has consistantly been a 40 point getter bozak only reached 40+ one year... last year not to mention Ganger is 3 years younger

#10 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Care to explain how bozak is better than ganger? ganger has consistantly been a 40 point getter bozak only reached 40+ one year... last year not to mention Ganger is 3 years younger

Better defensively, better on faceoffs, is more gritty, goes to the tough areas more than Gagner, and is a bit bigger. and he has better offensive skill than his points reflect.

Were looking for a 3rd line center, so we need a solid two way center which Bozak is more so than Gagner.

zackass.png

#11 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Better defensively, better on faceoffs, is more gritty, goes to the tough areas more than Gagner, and is a bit bigger. and he has better offensive skill than his points reflect.

Were looking for a 3rd line center, so we need a solid two way center which Bozak is more so than Gagner.

better defensivly? last two years... Bozak: -29 and -7 Gagner: -17 and +5

#12 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,337 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

better defensivly? last two years... Bozak: -29 and -7 Gagner: -17 and +5

+/- is a useless stat as I've said many times.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#13 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

all i'm trying to say is everyone isn't giving Ganger enough credit he did and still has fairly high potential. Bozak is a great player too but in the long run the canucks would be better off with Ganger

Jensen Gagner Kassian
Paajarvi Gaunce Schroeder

Edited by BertuzziFan2010, 30 October 2012 - 07:40 PM.

#14 bigpush

bigpush

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

How bout corsi? last year Gagner 6.3 and Bozak at -4.9

Gagner is a better player IMO as well, the honestly I would be happy with that deal, Gagner can also play on the wing and Paajarvi is still only 21, had a decent rookie season and a bad sophmore but still has a lot of potential.
Deal is also a big cap dump.

#15 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Gagner is also more physical than Bozak and didn't get the same offensive opportunities as Bozak. Bozak got 1st line minutes and only got 47 points, so what would he get with 3rd line minutes? 20? Gagner played behind RNH and Horcoff.
I like the trade. More youth, more skill, more toughness. Do it MG.
IMO Kesler is a better 3rd line centremen. He will still get all his minutes with PK and PP but for 5 on 5 he suits a shutdown role. Gagner would use his wingers better, especially as gets older and better.

Edited by sampy, 30 October 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#16 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

To Van:
Magnus Paajarvi, Sam Gagner, Theo Peckham

To EDM:
Luongo, Raymond,Sauve

Edmonton doesn't need Raymond or Sauve.

#17 JC2

JC2

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

I like the idea of getting Gagner and Paajarvi but I don't think the Oilers would want Raymond and Sauve. Raymond is exactly the type of player they have a surplus of and at this point Sauve hasn't done enough to gain any real value. I would bet my money they would want Jannek Hansen or Chris Higgins thrown in the deal along with a draft pick. After some of the ELCs expire they are going to need to move some money around and there's no telling what the cap will be in the new CBA.

JC2

#18 wally23

wally23

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

Sam gagner pre good that be sweet picked him up !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.