The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CZECH CLUB PUNISHED FOR RACIST CHANTS AT FLYERS' SIMMONDS

its allways "funny" that the whole world picks on germany if such things happens...headshakes

eastern europe is much worse in this case...just sayin´

btw..the german fans loved simmonds..sadly he chosed to go there after his 30 day contract in crimmitschau have expired

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=408467

PRAGUE, Czech Republic -- The Czech Republic's ice hockey federation says it has fined a club after its fans aimed racist chants toward Philadelphia Flyers winger Wayne Simmonds, who is playing in the top Czech league during the NHL lockout.

In a statement issued Tuesday, the federation said the Chomutov Pirates were fined 30,000 koruna ($1,554) by its disciplinary committee for the chants directed toward Simmonds, who currently plays for the Liberec White Tigers.

The incident took place during Sunday's game between the Pirates and the Tigers.

Chomutov has apologized to Simmonds, who is black, and the club said it would do everything it can to prevent any such abuse in the future.

Last year, a banana was thrown at Simmonds from the stands during an NHL pre-season game in London, Ont.

olympic closing cermonies.

When the German team walked out during the closing cermonies, or was it the opening what, i'm not sure, I believe it was the German president was doing the "Hitler salute". No joke. You will find this madness on youtube.

There is more Rasicm in Germany in comparison to other countries around Europe.

I don't understand why the club is being fined (not that its a huge fine) But immediately after the game they condemed all the fans who were chanting and said that they were not welcome at their games anymore and that they don't want fans like that.

cmon guys.. u gotta admit.. the banana is freakin hilarious..

Ummm maybe you guys live in a bubble but most of the world is very racist especially Eastern Europe, Most Euro countries Asia and the middle East. 1. non of them like Black people. 2. non of them like each other.

olympic closing cermonies.

When the German team walked out during the closing cermonies, or was it the opening what, i'm not sure, I believe it was the German president was doing the "Hitler salute". No joke. You will find this madness on youtube.

There is more Rasicm in Germany in comparison to other countries around Europe.

Archived