The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Leafs Bozak Takes Heat for "Blackface" Halloween Costume

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It must have been one quiet crapstorm. I never heard a peep about it. The movie got poor reviews for the most part while Downey actually got good reviews. One critic even saying Downeys character was the only good thing about the movie. Needless to say, I didn't pay to see it.

I'd love to see a link to your claim. And were the Wayan brothers making fun of whiteface in White Chicks? Was Eddie Murphy making fun of Jewface in Coming To America? You see, I'm still wondering where this mystical racist line is.

it's been about 4 years since the news came out, so it's like sifting through a needle in a haystack, but here's a couple stories

http://mondoweiss.ne...ost-racial.html

http://www.esquire.c...ic-thunder-0808

the movie itself was ok, RDJ was good, but I agree, if people still think of blackface as racist then they should also consider people in whiteface as racist as well.

It must have been one quiet crapstorm. I never heard a peep about it. The movie got poor reviews for the most part while Downey actually got good reviews. One critic even saying Downeys character was the only good thing about the movie. Needless to say, I didn't pay to see it.

As I Scrolled down the thread I was thinking to myself wtf is wrong with CDC untill I saw ur mssg.

Ppl need to know the history behind blackface before making comments like there is nothing wrong with it.

Where has Bozo been, under a rock?

He should know better. Perhaps a Jack Ass costume would be more appropriate for Bozo err Bozak.

No I'm not fine with the banana, but It's halloween, he didn't make his nose and lips bigger or anything, he darkened his skin for his costume. If there was no twitter nobody would even be talking about this right now.

People dress up as terrorists and stuff all the time, with turbans and they paint their face brown, no one really says anything about that.

If it wasn't halloween then yeah it's offensive, but cmon...

Actually I think dressing up and acting like a retard would be far more offensive than anything considered racist.

So where does this "racist" costume crap stop? What about a kid painting his face black to be Mr. T, is that racist?

How about men dressing as women, or vice - versa, will gay and lesbian groups get offended?

I am getting so sick and tired of this PC crap, it's is getting way too far out of hand!

racist parenting?

MrT.jpg

Just like in the booth thread people are being pissy about nothing. So what if it was on twitter you weren't forced to see it. If you had a problem unfollow him. It's not difficult. If people stopped seeing these things as racist, there wouldn't be racism. Rasism only works if people take offence to it.

Archived