The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Ethics of Eating Non-Human Animals

Angry Goose

why do you feel the need to specify non-human animals instead of just animals in general. It's that designation that opens yourself to mockery, saying you must eat human animals, as you only take an issue with non-human animal eating.

Well, that and your idiotic belief that Meat shouldn't be eaten...

There's a reason why these animals have a lot of meat in em, there's a reason why their meat contain essential nutrients that make the body stronger (protein for development in brain etc,). A child that does not get his/her essential proteins can become malnurished... (don't point out the vegetarian alternatives like tofu, cavemen and our ancestors did not have this kind of technology).

Frankly, regarldless of which religion you believe in or if you're an atheist, it should be concluded that many animals are on this earth for the very purpose of eating.

Look at it this way, without eating animals you and I would probably not be here. Cavemen would not have survived the harsh weathers without eating meat. I was in a university seminar once in evolution, there was arguments that the ability for mankind to hunt allowed us to eat more protein and hence developed the brain. Monkeys today just eat fruits and vegetables mostly... and what are they? They are just monkeys.

Meat is essential to our diet. Denying it just being completely delusional.

I don't know man.

Having a cow's eyes just staring at me while I eat it's insides is kinda disturbing to me...

I guess I should've rephrased my first comment. As long as I don't see it's eyes/head. I'm fine. So to answer your first question. Yes. I don't eat fish or any other foods, as long as it's head/eyes is still attached to it.

Archived