The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Ethics of Eating Non-Human Animals

Angry Goose

Because that is what they are, by definition. A dog, cat, cow, monkey is a non-human animal, and that is the subject matter I am referring to.

Who said I only take issue with eating non-human animals? How does that even follow? You've committed a non-sequitir and comitted a straw man in one sentence.

This is question begging, which is not a good form of reasoning.

my problem isn't with meat but rather the ways in which it is produced. i have a problem with animals being in tiny pens. then feeding them unnatural diets and pills(eg. Oradexon) to make them fatter. there is space available to keep these animals. they do not need chemicals which can transfer through the meat into humans.

that being said i'm too poor to buy my own meat as i am in school and living off my father. so who am i to crap on others for something i do nothing about myself.

also, manufacturing meat in a lab is just ripe for disaster.

Humans are omnivores, we eat meat, plant matter, anything to sustain ourselves. I'm the first to say the industrial methods of making food is probably enough to make you want to be a plant and just want sunshine and CO2.

We have lost the balance between nature and human society. We are overpopulated and depleting our natural resources far too quickly. We have to find better ways of sustainability and working with the environment instead of against it.

I'm human, I like meat. I also like fruits and vegetables. I'm not crazy about seafood (for exception of salmon..mmmm).

The phrase "It's all about balance" is true in more ways than one.

To give an example gorillas vary in their diets. Mountain gorillas who are hugely strong eat mostly foliage, bamboo, and a bit of fruit. Lowland Gorillas are more varied in their diets they eat foliage, but they also eat insects like ants.

Humans aren't like horses, or bovids where we would just graze instead of hunting/gathering.

I love to eat "free range" animals of every sort .. it is crucially important that all animals have a sense of freedom right up til the hammer falls .. they taste so much better when raised in an atmosphere of "freedom" .. keep your oppressed and imprisoned hormone-induced super animals .. I want my meat "born-free" .. (hums the theme song to Born Free as I bite into this lovely stuffed slice of venison heart)

Archived