The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Ethics of Eating Non-Human Plants

avelanch

I love plants. Especially green leafy ones. I easily suffer from anemia, so there are times that I can eat a huge big ol' pile of spinach.

But, I see the point about the ethics of eating plants. They are defenseless (mostly) and even the way we waste our food seems awfully calloused. I knew someone who worked in a greenhouse and she had a lot of horror stories.

But, I still love plants and there is nothing better than sucking that green juice from a spinach leaf, IMO.

PS And these days, when you buy bagged salad, you get free frogs, so you're free to enjoy both!

I love plants. Especially green leafy ones. I easily suffer from anemia, so there are times that I can eat a huge big ol' pile of spinach.

But, I see the point about the ethics of eating plants. They are defenseless (mostly) and even the way we waste our food seems awfully calloused. I knew someone who worked in a greenhouse and she had a lot of horror stories.

But, I still love plants and there is nothing better than sucking that green juice from a spinach leaf, IMO.

PS And these days, when you buy bagged salad, you get free frogs, so you're free to enjoy both!

Archived