The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zach Hall

I'd rather have a guy who's scoring over a point a game and is a bit small than the big, physical guys we seem to be going for who can't score to save their lives.

Size is not everything - you need a good mix to win Cups. Boston didn't have big guys up front, their giants were on defence. Los Angeles also had a good mix of speedy, skilled guys and towering guys up front.

Doesn't matter how big they are if they have toughness. That's what we are looking for guys who play tough and who are even tougher to play against. There are scorers in the league who are undersized and can take a hit hit keep on tucking and then dish one out. Could be a nice twist in our future lineup :)

I'd rather have a guy who's scoring over a point a game and is a bit small than the big, physical guys we seem to be going for who can't score to save their lives.

Size is not everything - you need a good mix to win Cups. Boston didn't have big guys up front, their giants were on defence. Los Angeles also had a good mix of speedy, skilled guys and towering guys up front.

On a similar note, do you think Dea is worth a 5-7th pick (hope he stops his point streak or he could go in 2nd/3rd) So far he is

18g-16a-34p in 17 games He is decent sized at 6,0 but is extremely light, only 160 pounds. If we get him gary Roberts training, this would counter his weight problem as he would gain probably 10lbs each off season. Making him NHL ready when he is 22

On a similar note, do you think Dea is worth a 5-7th pick (hope he stops his point streak or he could go in 2nd/3rd) So far he is

18g-16a-34p in 17 games He is decent sized at 6,0 but is extremely light, only 160 pounds. If we get him gary Roberts training, this would counter his weight problem as he would gain probably 10lbs each off season. Making him NHL ready when he is 22

Dea is QMJHL's leading scorer on Rouyn-Noranda was eligible for last years draft but he was average last year (only 32 points in 50 games). From what i heard (have no CHL teams where i live) he is a fast player with a great shot. agian his weight will have some gm's a little hesitant to draft him. But if he continues his 2 point a game pace there is no way he will not be drafted this year

Archived