The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Taylor Hall Signs with Oklahoma City Barons

The Oklahoma City Oilers, I mean Barons just got even better. Hall wasn't assigned to the AHL team by the Oilers but instead signed an AHL contract with the team. Didn't know players and teams could do this? Does this mean established Canuck roster players not assigned to the Wolves can instead choose to sign with them?

http://theahl.com/barons-sign-former-1-pick-hall-p180028

I believe it's because the Oilers sent down Eberle/Schultz/RNH before the expiry of the CBA. With the expiry, teams cannot communicate with players, so Hall couldn't be sent down. He signed with the team all his friends are on.

As per the Wolves, yes they can sign NHLers, if NHLers are willing to play there.

I believe it's because the Oilers sent down Eberle/Schultz/RNH before the expiry of the CBA. With the expiry, teams cannot communicate with players, so Hall couldn't be sent down. He signed with the team all his friends are on.

As per the Wolves, yes they can sign NHLers, if NHLers are willing to play there.

The Oklahoma City Oilers, I mean Barons just got even better. Hall wasn't assigned to the AHL team by the Oilers but instead signed an AHL contract with the team. Didn't know players and teams could do this? Does this mean established Canuck roster players not assigned to the Wolves can instead choose to sign with them?

http://theahl.com/ba...ck-hall-p180028

After looking it further - Hall 'signed' a AHL contract.

Only allowed to sign with OKC and had to be with Edmontons approval.

This was all done because he wasn't sent down before the lock-out began.

So in theory - he was assigned but I am wrong in a way, as he did sign a contract unlike RNH, Eberle etc.

Archived