The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Most Beautiful Countries

Hunter56

Most Beautiful Countries  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been lucky to have traveled to a few places while saddled with a mortgage, a job I can't leave for more than a couple weeks and now a wife and soon to be family but my point is it certainly doesn't make it easy. Especially during tough economic times.

Backpacking Europe for two months is for the young and responsibility free. It's near impossible to do with the above without that other thing...money. You need one or the other IMO to do any regular, longer and variety of traveling.

Airfare is the cheapest part of travelling.

You can get a return ticket to Asia (China or India) and back for about $1400. That's not much considering you can stop off in Europe and stay there for as long as you like. While in the country of destination you need hotels, food, entertainment and travel via train or taxi, that's what costs money. Not airfare.

Airfare is the cheapest part of travelling.

You can get a return ticket to Asia (China or India) and back for about $1400. That's not much considering you can stop off in Europe and stay there for as long as you like. While in the country of destination you need hotels, food, entertainment and travel via train or taxi, that's what costs money. Not airfare.

Really? Is $1400 just too much for you period or is $1400 too much for what you get in return?

It costs me $145 just to fill up my vehicle with gas so I think $1400 is pretty cheap to fly to the other side of the planet.

You are going to need a lot more than $1400 in spending money on a trip to Asia.

You can travel to India via Europe, stay as long as you want in Amsterdam or Germany or London etc. travel on to India and come back for $1400 (depending on time of year) Or you can go via Japan, Korea, Taiwan or Beijing and carry on to India and come back. I think $1400 for all that is cheap.

I've travelled quite a bit in my life. I can tell you for sure you will need more than $1400 spending money in any of the countries I've mentioned.

Suffering is a matter of perspective.

My point was not that people need to travel to crapholes but that its not uncommon to find "responsible" people finding a way to not let their "responsibilities" from holding them back from what they WANT out of life.

The argument is akin to people saying "i want to be a millionaire" but then not taking the steps to get there.

Airfare can be had cheap if you are savvy and care to do the work.

Really? Is $1400 just too much for you period or is $1400 too much for what you get in return?

It costs me $145 just to fill up my vehicle with gas so I think $1400 is pretty cheap to fly to the other side of the planet.

You are going to need a lot more than $1400 in spending money on a trip to Asia.

You can travel to India via Europe, stay as long as you want in Amsterdam or Germany or London etc. travel on to India and come back for $1400 (depending on time of year) Or you can go via Japan, Korea, Taiwan or Beijing and carry on to India and come back. I think $1400 for all that is cheap.

I've travelled quite a bit in my life. I can tell you for sure you will need more than $1400 spending money in any of the countries I've mentioned.

Archived