Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Most Beautiful Countries

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
153 replies to this topic

Poll: Most Beautiful Countries (80 member(s) have cast votes)

What is/are the most beautiful country/countries?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,254 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

That is f'ing amazing! Where in Croatia is that?

Answered my own question...

http://www.np-plitvicka-jezera.hr/en/

Shame you're not allowed to swim there but I appreciate the desire to protect it!

Posted Image
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#62 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

I would like to demand South Korea to be added in the list.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#63 inane

inane

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,916 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

Awesome place to live, most beautiful though? Not sure about that... Some of the country side is nice, cities are blah architecturally.

#64 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,136 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Three pages and nobody's posted images of women from these countries.

I'm impressed.
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#65 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

pfft..
Posted Image
Entire armies of Asian Women
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
They dan ce in the street!
Posted Image
Amazing buildings with plenty of available space inside:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also:
Posted Image

#66 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:05 PM

Three pages and nobody's posted images of women from these countries.

I'm impressed.

and by impressed you mean disappointed?

Also, I fixed it for you, you no longer have to be dissapoint.

#67 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

That is f'ing amazing! Where in Croatia is that?

Plitivice Lakes

http://en.wikipedia....s_National_Park

Shiznak at his best: 

Considering their cap hit and age, I'd still take Bonino over Kesler. 

#68 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 20,254 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

Alright, I finally pulled the trigger on Italy. It's the place I'd most like to go and it has great natural scenery, architecture, art, beautiful women, cars, food, wine...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#69 inane

inane

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,916 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

This should be limited to places you've been. How can you know if it is nice or not based on photos? You can make any country in the world look amazing through photography...

#70 Hunter56

Hunter56

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

This should be limited to places you've been. How can you know if it is nice or not based on photos? You can make any country in the world look amazing through photography...

Not necessarily, do you know how many people have been to every country? Not a lot. It's also a chance for people to see something new about some countries that they perhaps would've never had any interest in.

#71 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

your name matches your suggestion.

#72 Hunter56

Hunter56

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

This is something that both the U.S. and Canada share, an 18,000 foot mountain that lies on the border of Alaska and The Yukon. (The second highest for both countries)

Mount Saint Elias
Posted Image

Also another mountain that lies on the U.S. and Canada border is Mount Fairweather, one of the worlds highest coastal mountains (All the way to the right in the photo below)
Posted Image

Edited by Hunter56, 02 November 2012 - 02:30 PM.

#73 inane

inane

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,916 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

your name matches your suggestion.

Why do you say? If you can say without being a clown that is.

I can pull up google images of anything and say how pretty it is. Is that meaningful?

#74 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

Why do you say? If you can say without being a clown that is.

I can pull up google images of anything and say how pretty it is. Is that meaningful?

because it gives a sample of how beautiful the place is. if it helps people change their perspective of a country, even if it's just part of the country, why is that bad? it's just silly to try to have people list countries they've visited as the vast majority of people here haven't left north america. it would no longer be a "most beautiful countries" thread, but merely "most beautiful countries you've been to".

#75 inane

inane

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,916 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

because it gives a sample of how beautiful the place is. if it helps people change their perspective of a country, even if it's just part of the country, why is that bad? it's just silly to try to have people list countries they've visited as the vast majority of people here haven't left north america. it would no longer be a "most beautiful countries" thread, but merely "most beautiful countries you've been to".

I guess, like I said, you could find a photo of every country on earth that makes it look amazingly beautiful. So, what's the point of that. The beauty of many of these places is much more than generic postcard photos.

#76 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

I guess, like I said, you could find a photo of every country on earth that makes it look amazingly beautiful. So, what's the point of that. The beauty of many of these places is much more than generic postcard photos.

well you have to start somewhere, it's unrealistic and foolish to restrict it to just places people have been. also, it would be a very boring thread full of pictures from north america.

but feel free to start your own thread for "most beautiful place you've ever been"

Edited by avelanch, 02 November 2012 - 02:45 PM.

#77 inane

inane

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,916 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

well you have to start somewhere, it's unrealistic and foolish to restrict it to just places people have been. also, it would be a very boring thread full of pictures from north america.

but feel free to start your own thread for "most beautiful place you've ever been"

I think a lot of people here have been a lot of places. There are also plenty of places all over BC/Canada/US I've never been that I'm sure are amazing.

It's like asking what is the best food and having an opinion on some dish without even having ever tried it, only a picture of it. Seems odd.

#78 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

I think a lot of people here have been a lot of places. There are also plenty of places all over BC/Canada/US I've never been that I'm sure are amazing.

It's like asking what is the best food and having an opinion on some dish without even having ever tried it, only a picture of it. Seems odd.

that's not analogous at all. it's more like asking where's the best place to eat and having people say a place based on the just the dishes they tried in the restaurant. it's a small sampling, not a full opinion.

#79 inane

inane

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,916 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

that's not analogous at all. it's more like asking where's the best place to eat and having people say a place based on the just the dishes they tried in the restaurant. it's a small sampling, not a full opinion.

But they haven't even been to the restaurant, it's like giving their opinion based on pictures in the menu they are reading on the internet.

Anyway, people should go travel.

#80 Hunter56

Hunter56

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

You're SEEING the beauty in places, your food analogy doesn't make sense since you taste food not just look at it.

Believe me I would like to travel all over the world but like many people I don't have the time or budget to visit every country. Why this is good is that you can discover different parts of the world that you might've never thought was ever there, and they aren't "generic postcard photos" the picture of Croatia that Down by the River posted with the many waterfalls is one I've never quite seen before.

Just chill dude. ;)

#81 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

But they haven't even been to the restaurant, it's like giving their opinion based on pictures in the menu they are reading on the internet.

Anyway, people should go travel.

seeing a picture is a small sampling of what the country has to offer, just like trying a single dish at a resturaunt. it's no different.

#82 inane

inane

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,916 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

seeing a picture is a small sampling of what the country has to offer, just like trying a single dish at a resturaunt. it's no different.

I disagree, but whatever.

People should go travel.

#83 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Canada is beautiful, and I think people will see that as they travel. One thing that stands out if freedom, going to places like Mexico, and Brazil (and others), where you are risking your life by going outside tourist locations.

I haven't been to too many places, but Germany was really nice. The houses remind me of "old country" lol, the people are real nice (good looking too ;) ), the beer is great, and the landscape is breathtaking.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#84 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 20,254 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

...the picture of Croatia that Down by the River posted with the many waterfalls is one I've never quite seen before.

Yup... I've heard how nice some beaches in Croatia are (and they seem to make pretty women) but I'd never heard of/seen that lake waterfall park. That's now a place on my bucket list (though I REALLY wish I could swim in it!...lol).
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#85 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

i agree with the beauty of canada
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#86 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

I voted Canada, Australia, Russia & the US.

The only countries I've been too and seen with my own eyes so they're the only ones I can honestly say are beautiful.

I've been to every province and territory in Canada, I love the territories the most, I'm a northern kinda guy. I've only been to a handful of states, Washington, Alaska, Oregon, California, Montana, Idaho and Nevada. When I was in Russia I was mostly in Siberia. In Australia I was mostly in and around Perth and Melbourne.

I'm surprised the US has barely any votes! I mean just look this one picture alone the OP posted!

Mount Mckinley, Alaska

Posted Image

Now tell me that 'ain't beauty!

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 02 November 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#87 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,893 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

I dont travel much so I say Canada.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#88 Hunter56

Hunter56

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

I'm surprised the US has barely any votes! I mean just look this one picture alone the OP posted!

I know right!? :)
I think it's just the bad rap America always gets, but it is really a nice place... Which now puts me in the mood to post more pics haha.

At the highest point of the Rocky Mountain range, Colorado
Posted Image

Fall in West Virginia
Posted Image

Ecola State Park, Oregon
Posted Image

Arches National Park, Utah
Posted Image

#89 Truculence

Truculence

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,311 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

I'm voting Canada because I've never really been anywhere else, and I'm really insecure about that kind of thing.

s_l_s.gif

burroes.gif

#90 Hume

Hume

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

ugh, northern cali is boring as hell. northern idaho is WAY more beautiful than anything cali can offer up.

i LOVED idaho and montana when i drove through them, super beautiful. to me though, nocal kinda has it all though. big sur is my favourite place i've ever been, and san francisco is my favourite city. driving through all the orchards and wineries and everything is unreal, and i think everyone should experience highway 1.
i've no idea what i am talking about! you'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thiiiiiiiiiiiiiinkin'.
(i'm trapped in this body and can't get out.) how come i end up where i started?.
REASONABLE AND SENSIBLE.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.