Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Hoping Season is Cancelled

Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#1 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

Just sick of Owners offering outrages contracts then expect players to tear them up!!

Most owners can not manage their teams how in the heck did they get so much money from their

Daddys. Owners are led around by Bettmen like puppy dogs..with a short leash...

One bully leading the other one...Stop with the rediculous contracts ..

Just a reminder good leadership starts and end with integrity.. why in the world would you have a

relationship with someone or team [owner] that you dont trust and will eventually stab you in the back.

Where is the honor in that ? Its all about the initial contracts if you could nt honor them you should

never of signed them !! what do you think!! Exclude the money would you put up with that or fight for

whats right and fair to all concerned. We are all partners makeing each other money well arent we?

#2 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,078 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

Blasphemy!
Posted Image

#3 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,415 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

Where's the minus button?
Posted Image

#4 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,196 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

need a comedy button made me laugh.

#5 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

Where's the minus button?

Look to the left go down stop there now push it !!!

You know I am right !!!! Cancel the classic stop threatning it just do it !!!

#6 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:18 PM

need a comedy button made me laugh.

Love your flag Have a great non hockey day : )

#7 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,415 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

Look to the left go down stop there now push it !!!

You know I am right !!!! Cancel the classic stop threatning it just do it !!!

Cancelling the Winter Classic is one thing. (which IMO is inevitable)

Cancelling the season is a whole different thing.
Posted Image

#8 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • 8,833 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

NHLPA isn't budging

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#9 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

NHLPA isn't budging

I wonder why ?

#10 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

Owners are unbelievably selfish right now.
They're so high on themselves, and I completely feel for the players.
Personally I can't see the owners cancelling the season, it would hurt the company too much.
I can see the owners caving down the road here.
Posted Image

#11 Spitfire_Spiky

Spitfire_Spiky

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

Why can't they all just be friends and get the season going..... This whole debacle isn't good for anyone
Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest

#12 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

Owners are unbelievably selfish right now.
They're so high on themselves, and I completely feel for the players.
Personally I can't see the owners cancelling the season, it would hurt the company too much.
I can see the owners caving down the road here.

How do you feel for the players, they are getting millions for playing a game!! Both sides are selfish IMO but if I had to support a side I would actually pick the owners, considering how many NHL teams lost money last year while there players made millions. That being said like the OP said the owners are doing it to themselves by allowing their GM's to sign players to insane contracts. Capitalism at it's worst.
Play Clash on Clans on your phone? Join the CDC Clan "angrycanuck".

"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#13 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • 6,129 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Most owners can not manage their teams

I don't want an owner that tries to manage the team. I want an owner that hires the right GM to manage the team.
Posted Image

#14 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Owners wont even meet with the players unless its on their terms and agenda.

The owners are perfectly happy locking out the whole season.
Posted Image

#15 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,739 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

How do you feel for the players, they are getting millions for playing a game!! Both sides are selfish IMO but if I had to support a side I would actually pick the owners, considering how many NHL teams lost money last year while there players made millions. That being said like the OP said the owners are doing it to themselves by allowing their GM's to sign players to insane contracts. Capitalism at it's worst.

The worst part of all this is that the players are playing in other leagues around the world for a fraction of what they are demanding to play for in the NHL.

The NHL made these players famous, the NHL made these players millionaires. So many players have no loyalty to teams that draft and develop them into NHL calibre players.

Most players are counting down the minutes till free agency to cash in to the highest bidder.

NHL teams are a business and for their business to be successful they must win. In order to win they must have the best players. In order to get or keep the best players they have to outbid the other team for their services. So yes it is the owners that offered the contracts but they would never have to offer ridiculous contracts if there was some loyalty to teams (ala Burrows).
Posted Image

#16 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

I don't want an owner that tries to manage the team. I want an owner that hires the right GM to manage the team.

Understood but they say yes to the money someone has to take responsibility but good point!

#17 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

The worst part of all this is that the players are playing in other leagues around the world for a fraction of what they are demanding to play for in the NHL.

The NHL made these players famous, the NHL made these players millionaires. So many players have no loyalty to teams that draft and develop them into NHL calibre players.

Most players are counting down the minutes till free agency to cash in to the highest bidder.

NHL teams are a business and for their business to be successful they must win. In order to win they must have the best players. In order to get or keep the best players they have to outbid the other team for their services. So yes it is the owners that offered the contracts but they would never have to offer ridiculous contracts if there was some loyalty to teams (ala Burrows).

Loyalty will only get u so far if they wanted him out of here they would have punt kicked him if things go sour you can bet the team will do that in a heart beat. I feel that the Canucks are one of the teams in the league that treat thier players with integrity.
From my point of view...

#18 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,739 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Oh and just a note to the OP:

Obviously you are not a hockey fan if you want the season canceled, and the owners have said there WILL NOT be contract rollbacks so nobody is saying they will tear up or not honor contracts.
Posted Image

#19 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • 6,129 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

Understood but they say yes to the money someone has to take responsibility but good point!

Generally speaking, I bet they simply give the GM a budget and he is free to do what he deems necessary within that budget. I know there are exceptions to that rule, but it would be nearly impossible to be a GM in the league if you needed to clear every trade or signing decision with the owner first.
Posted Image

#20 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

Actually the real villian here is the player agents. These are the people that are convincing the players to ask for larger and largers contracts and if they don't get it that means the team they play for doesn't respect them so they should leave. The NHL would be a better place without player agents.
Play Clash on Clans on your phone? Join the CDC Clan "angrycanuck".

"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#21 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,739 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

Loyalty will only get u so far if they wanted him out of here they would have punt kicked him if things go sour you can bet the team will do that in a heart beat. I feel that the Canucks are one of the teams in the league that treat thier players with integrity.
From my point of view...

yes that is the crappy part of being an employee of ANY Buisness. If an employer is not happy with what an employee is doing they fire them. However at least in the NHL they still get the money owed to them in the contract wether they work or not.
Posted Image

#22 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,942 posts

This lockout is making the NHL look like such a joke. But, no way I want the season to be cancelled.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#23 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,739 posts

Actually the real villian here is the player agents. These are the people that are convincing the players to ask for larger and largers contracts and if they don't get it that means the team they play for doesn't respect them so they should leave. The NHL would be a better place without player agents.

I can appreciate that sentiment!
Posted Image

#24 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

looks kind of like a poem..... who double spaces anyway?

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#25 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Owners wont even meet with the players unless its on their terms and agenda.

The owners are perfectly happy locking out the whole season.

and that is fine as long as they believe its the right thing todo but I believe the majority of owners and bettmen really dont know how to do the right thing. After all they are the Owners with owners attitudes [bully] yeah my father was like that I moved on.

NHL is where the best players in the world I repeat best players in the world come to play thats why it is the best league lets not
water it down. The owners make the players alot of money as the players ie Crosby poster boy of NHL, Ovechkin ect make the owners alot of money..sound s like a partner ship to me treat each other like partners.

Players are willing to take 50/50 but just keep current contracts since the owners did sign the dotted line but with new contracts the owners can follow the new CBA sound s good to me. What a partner ship ? Fans now we can watch the best players play the best players available isnt that why we watch NHL hockey ? or do we watch it because we love the owners ...crazy isnt it !!

#26 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,739 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

and that is fine as long as they believe its the right thing todo but I believe the majority of owners and bettmen really dont know how to do the right thing. After all they are the Owners with owners attitudes [bully] yeah my father was like that I moved on.

NHL is where the best players in the world I repeat best players in the world come to play thats why it is the best league lets not
water it down. The owners make the players alot of money as the players ie Crosby poster boy of NHL, Ovechkin ect make the owners alot of money..sound s like a partner ship to me treat each other like partners.

Players are willing to take 50/50 but just keep current contracts since the owners did sign the dotted line but with new contracts the owners can follow the new CBA sound s good to me. What a partner ship ? Fans now we can watch the best players play the best players available isnt that why we watch NHL hockey ? or do we watch it because we love the owners ...crazy isnt it !!

I'm sorry how many players like Crosby et al come along every year?

How many other players must be drafted, signed, developed, paid to play in the minors etc. for every one Crosby? How many coaches need to be hired? Trainers? Medical staff? Equipment managers? Maintenence workers? etc etc... to facilitate these players to be able to show up at rinks and do what they are paid to do.

Yes the owners are so evil to the players :rolleyes:.

Edit:
Players are not willing to take 50/50 and keep the current contracts because that was the NHLs LAST OFFER!

Edited by Aladeen, 01 November 2012 - 02:16 PM.

Posted Image

#27 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

This lockout is making the NHL look like such a joke. But, no way I want the season to be cancelled.

Nor do I, I am really just making a point. I am up set with the BS but if it came push to shove I would not buy a ticket for quite some time if they dont get back to work soon...How do you really hurt them yes your right in the pocket book...Fans can lock out owners and players if they actually wanted to show them who really is boss!! You know what I mean! : )

#28 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

I'm sorry how many players like Crosby et al come along every year?

How many other players must be drafted, signed, developed, paid to play in the minors etc. for every one Crosby? How many coaches need to be hired? Trainers? Medical staff? Equipment managers? Maintenence workers? etc etc... to facilitate these players to be able to show up at rinks and do what they are paid to do.

Yes the owners are so evil to the players :rolleyes:.

Edit:
Players are not willing to take 50/50 and keep the current contracts because that was the NHLs LAST OFFER!

Right now they are ..actually I am not saying they are but you sign a contract be man enough to carry thru with the contract signed.

#29 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Player agents might be smarmy, but asking players to go into contract talks without agents is like telling your buddy to go to court without a lawyer. They'd get slaughtered

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#30 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Nor do I, I am really just making a point. I am up set with the BS but if it came push to shove I would not buy a ticket for quite some time if they dont get back to work soon...How do you really hurt them yes your right in the pocket book...Fans can lock out owners and players if they actually wanted to show them who really is boss!! You know what I mean! : )

Yeah, I'll still watch hockey, but I won't be buying any NHL merchandise for a while.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.