The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hoping Season is Cancelled

enterin

Just sick of Owners offering outrages contracts then expect players to tear them up!!

Most owners can not manage their teams how in the heck did they get so much money from their

Daddys. Owners are led around by Bettmen like puppy dogs..with a short leash...

One bully leading the other one...Stop with the rediculous contracts ..

Just a reminder good leadership starts and end with integrity.. why in the world would you have a

relationship with someone or team [owner] that you dont trust and will eventually stab you in the back.

Where is the honor in that ? Its all about the initial contracts if you could nt honor them you should

never of signed them !! what do you think!! Exclude the money would you put up with that or fight for

whats right and fair to all concerned. We are all partners makeing each other money well arent we?

Owners are unbelievably selfish right now.

They're so high on themselves, and I completely feel for the players.

Personally I can't see the owners cancelling the season, it would hurt the company too much.

I can see the owners caving down the road here.

How do you feel for the players, they are getting millions for playing a game!! Both sides are selfish IMO but if I had to support a side I would actually pick the owners, considering how many NHL teams lost money last year while there players made millions. That being said like the OP said the owners are doing it to themselves by allowing their GM's to sign players to insane contracts. Capitalism at it's worst.

The worst part of all this is that the players are playing in other leagues around the world for a fraction of what they are demanding to play for in the NHL.

The NHL made these players famous, the NHL made these players millionaires. So many players have no loyalty to teams that draft and develop them into NHL calibre players.

Most players are counting down the minutes till free agency to cash in to the highest bidder.

NHL teams are a business and for their business to be successful they must win. In order to win they must have the best players. In order to get or keep the best players they have to outbid the other team for their services. So yes it is the owners that offered the contracts but they would never have to offer ridiculous contracts if there was some loyalty to teams (ala Burrows).

Oh and just a note to the OP:

Obviously you are not a hockey fan if you want the season canceled, and the owners have said there WILL NOT be contract rollbacks so nobody is saying they will tear up or not honor contracts.

The worst part of all this is that the players are playing in other leagues around the world for a fraction of what they are demanding to play for in the NHL.

The NHL made these players famous, the NHL made these players millionaires. So many players have no loyalty to teams that draft and develop them into NHL calibre players.

Most players are counting down the minutes till free agency to cash in to the highest bidder.

NHL teams are a business and for their business to be successful they must win. In order to win they must have the best players. In order to get or keep the best players they have to outbid the other team for their services. So yes it is the owners that offered the contracts but they would never have to offer ridiculous contracts if there was some loyalty to teams (ala Burrows).

Archived