The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hoping Season is Cancelled

enterin

Loyalty will only get u so far if they wanted him out of here they would have punt kicked him if things go sour you can bet the team will do that in a heart beat. I feel that the Canucks are one of the teams in the league that treat thier players with integrity.

From my point of view...

Actually the real villian here is the player agents. These are the people that are convincing the players to ask for larger and largers contracts and if they don't get it that means the team they play for doesn't respect them so they should leave. The NHL would be a better place without player agents.

and that is fine as long as they believe its the right thing todo but I believe the majority of owners and bettmen really dont know how to do the right thing. After all they are the Owners with owners attitudes [bully] yeah my father was like that I moved on.

NHL is where the best players in the world I repeat best players in the world come to play thats why it is the best league lets not

water it down. The owners make the players alot of money as the players ie Crosby poster boy of NHL, Ovechkin ect make the owners alot of money..sound s like a partner ship to me treat each other like partners.

Players are willing to take 50/50 but just keep current contracts since the owners did sign the dotted line but with new contracts the owners can follow the new CBA sound s good to me. What a partner ship ? Fans now we can watch the best players play the best players available isnt that why we watch NHL hockey ? or do we watch it because we love the owners ...crazy isnt it !!

I'm sorry how many players like Crosby et al come along every year?

How many other players must be drafted, signed, developed, paid to play in the minors etc. for every one Crosby? How many coaches need to be hired? Trainers? Medical staff? Equipment managers? Maintenence workers? etc etc... to facilitate these players to be able to show up at rinks and do what they are paid to do.

Yes the owners are so evil to the players :rolleyes:.

Edit:

Players are not willing to take 50/50 and keep the current contracts because that was the NHLs LAST OFFER!

Actually the real villian here is the player agents. These are the people that are convincing the players to ask for larger and largers contracts and if they don't get it that means the team they play for doesn't respect them so they should leave. The NHL would be a better place without player agents.

Nor do I, I am really just making a point. I am up set with the BS but if it came push to shove I would not buy a ticket for quite some time if they dont get back to work soon...How do you really hurt them yes your right in the pocket book...Fans can lock out owners and players if they actually wanted to show them who really is boss!! You know what I mean! : )

Not trying to be a dick but you

need to work on your paragraph

structure and your speeling. It makes

it kind of hard to understand what

you're typing. I get the impression that

you blame the owners for the lockout

and are fed up with the entire

situation, but TBH, it makes you sound

a bit petulant. Theirs plenty of blame to

go around.

Actually, that's incorrect. While the owners did offer 50/50, their idea of protecting the players contracts was to take the money they were using to make them whole from the players' future share of HRR. They were just paying the players from the money they would have made anyways.

A direct salary rollback isn't the only way the owners can pay the players less. They can also use the escrow payments, which was actually closer to what they proposed to do to in order to cover the value of the player contracts in the next couple years. As I already mentioned, they were subtracting that money paid from the players' HRR share in the years following that, which still means the players would get less on their cheques.

How do you feel for the players, they are getting millions for playing a game!! Both sides are selfish IMO but if I had to support a side I would actually pick the owners, considering how many NHL teams lost money last year while there players made millions. That being said like the OP said the owners are doing it to themselves by allowing their GM's to sign players to insane contracts. Capitalism at it's worst.

Archived