The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Meeting celebrities at the airport

ChrisCo!

Not really famous but I sat beside Mad Child and Prevail on a flight and talked to them a bit,thats the closest Ive been to a non hockey famous person. Well on my honeymoon in Jamaica there was a big raggae festival and the hotel we were staying at was one of the major sponsers so all the acts were staying there. My wife and I were eating breakfast and Usher sat at the table beside us i didnt say anything cause he had his whole entourage there, but just walking around the grounds I saw Shaggy, Beanieman, Chris Brown and a bunch of lesser know artists.

Met a few famous people over my time, but not many.

Back in the 90s

- New York: Howie Mandel, Holly Hunter

- Winnipeg: Keanu Reeves. Also a few days later at a restaurant. Our family and him were the only ones in the restaurant, so he sat with us for the rest of the evening. Really nice guy. It was a year after he did Speed.

- Los Angeles: Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart.

Since 2000

- Vancouver: Michael Rosenbaum. Sat next to him on the plane. We didn't talk much. He cracked a bit of wise during the safety dimenstration though.

- Jerry Seinfeld: Thought my wife and I saw him driving away at the Kona Airport in Hawaii. Then when we got to our resort, we were sitting next to him and his wife on the beach. Saw him a few times over the next 5 days, but didn't walk up or say anything. He was on vacation and we didn't want to bother him. Plus we were on our honeymoon.

^ couldcha just email it to me?

when i as a richmond cabbie years ago i heard many stories from othe drivers having picked up celebs at the south terminal. sadly i never had any :-( the closest i got was i saw pat carney (old time fed. politician)getting in a car. oh and i saw ed broadbent leaving a hotel once...

Chevy Chase caught the same flight as my acting class (he was in first class) when we went on a field trip to New York (going to see broadway shows)

i felt like a bit of a dick because I was the one that recognized him, and when we got off at LaGuardia everyone in the class was trying to get pictures and crap, and he was being pretty stand-offish, so our acting teacher went up to him and gave him crap, saying "they're young actors and look up to you", so he finally gave in and smiled and waved. But you could tell he wasn't smiling on the inside. i felt like a real dick lol

edit: this was like 15 years ago

Not really famous but I sat beside Mad Child and Prevail on a flight and talked to them a bit,thats the closest Ive been to a non hockey famous person. Well on my honeymoon in Jamaica there was a big raggae festival and the hotel we were staying at was one of the major sponsers so all the acts were staying there. My wife and I were eating breakfast and Usher sat at the table beside us i didnt say anything cause he had his whole entourage there, but just walking around the grounds I saw Shaggy, Beanieman, Chris Brown and a bunch of lesser know artists.

Saw The guy and girl from Roxette at Heathrow Airport going through customs beside us. That was in 1990 when they were just hitting it big. The 2 happiest people you will every see. They went through regular customs, just the 2 of them. They were signing autographs and posing for photos with fans and everything.

Ran into Leif Garrett at a downtown hotel in Vancouver in the late 70's well before he became a heroin addict, he was a jerk.

Met Stephanie Kramer in Vancouver on a movie set, she is the dark haired babe in the old tv show Hunter. she was a sweetheart,

Archived