The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bunch of AJ Lee sigs

with the inevitability of a canceled NHL season, i've decided to change my sig from my favourite fin sig to one of these, my favourite person on tv atm. idk which one to choose. started off making 1 then started to get some ideas and made several. would also like some critiques too ::D

first one i tried to go with a vector type style here

9anx8w.jpg

second one is a cleaner version of the first one

x5rvj7.jpg

third one is vector type with a touch of grundge

2qntjld.jpg

fourth one is an alternate version of the third one. with the third and 4th ones i wanted some what of a 'retro' look with a modern twist

a0cffp.jpg

fifth one was an experiment. i added the old school raw is war logo for nostalgia purposes

4gs1h2.jpg

sixth one is just two renders with some vector brushes

20ggsjk.jpg

seventh one is a clean version of the sixth one. just wanted something simple here

ve0hfo.jpg

so i'm a little miffed here. i have all of the psd's if anyone has any suggestions at all how i could tweak any of them

In general, I'd say that you need to work on your lighting a bit and play around with where you're dropping your render. Most of these have her sitting right in the middle and it gets a little boring. I don't know how much experience you have or whether you've heard of the rule of thirds, but just in case you haven't (and for anyone else reading) I'll include this.

Example from Wikipedia:

650px-RuleOfThirds-SideBySide.gif

Two images of the exact same thing, but the one on the left is taken with the focal point directly in the middle whereas the one on the right is using the rule of thirds. A minor tweak like that can make a huge difference on how attractive your image looks to everyone else.

Aside from that, I like the general simplicity in most of the ones you posted. I find that I struggle the most when I try to overdo it with effects and whatnot. Keep up the good work!

In general, I'd say that you need to work on your lighting a bit and play around with where you're dropping your render. Most of these have her sitting right in the middle and it gets a little boring. I don't know how much experience you have or whether you've heard of the rule of thirds, but just in case you haven't (and for anyone else reading) I'll include this.

Example from Wikipedia:

650px-RuleOfThirds-SideBySide.gif

Two images of the exact same thing, but the one on the left is taken with the focal point directly in the middle whereas the one on the right is using the rule of thirds. A minor tweak like that can make a huge difference on how attractive your image looks to everyone else.

Aside from that, I like the general simplicity in most of the ones you posted. I find that I struggle the most when I try to overdo it with effects and whatnot. Keep up the good work!

Archived