The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mood Not Affected by PMS-Study

nucklehead

I excreted something the same size of a baby in a ridiculously shorter amount of time (more concentrated amount of pain) and only told my entire friends, family, and couple people on the Skytrain. So that throws your entire theory out the window.

Apology accepted.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I excreted something the same size of a baby in a ridiculously shorter amount of time (more concentrated amount of pain) and only told my entire friends, family, and couple people on the Skytrain. So that throws your entire theory out the window.

Apology accepted.

Okay. Going to give my perspective here because I'm actually a woman and have first hand experience with this.

Let me explain:

A woman's cycle is dependent on hormone levels. I can personally tell you that when your female hormone levels fluctuate, you are definitely affected. For anyone that knows me, I'm hardly ever an angry person. But, when I hit PMS time, I am indeed moody. I do try and keep it to myself, however. For me, it's more of the depression and anxiety that gets flared up, anyway.

Now, put the hormone fluctuation on top of cramps, bloating, headaches, backaches, tiredness, etc. and yes, you get a moody person. And that's BEFORE the nastiness starts.

So, while I don't think it's a good excuse to let your b!tchiness fly, it's a very real thing. It's on par with having the flu and feeling horrible - you're not apt to being all pleasant.

So, "wah" at those of you having to put up with a crabby person for a couple of days. :lol:

They're not going through a pleasant time, either, fellas! Give her a hug and I'll bet you she'll appreciate it.

Okay. Going to give my perspective here because I'm actually a woman and have first hand experience with this.

Let me explain:

A woman's cycle is dependent on hormone levels. I can personally tell you that when your female hormone levels fluctuate, you are definitely affected. For anyone that knows me, I'm hardly ever an angry person. But, when I hit PMS time, I am indeed moody. I do try and keep it to myself, however. For me, it's more of the depression and anxiety that gets flared up, anyway.

Now, put the hormone fluctuation on top of cramps, bloating, headaches, backaches, tiredness, etc. and yes, you get a moody person. And that's BEFORE the nastiness starts.

So, while I don't think it's a good excuse to let your b!tchiness fly, it's a very real thing. It's on par with having the flu and feeling horrible - you're not apt to being all pleasant.

So, "wah" at those of you having to put up with a crabby person for a couple of days. :lol:

They're not going through a pleasant time, either, fellas! Give her a hug and I'll bet you she'll appreciate it.

Archived