49 replies to this topic

#31 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,957 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Hey hey hey maybe there isn't any CHEMICAL reason for mood swings but until you guys have had to deal with the umm.....symptoms associated with that time of month you can't judge us <_<

Heck I think we should be commended for even getting out of bed during that week. Anything else after that is a bonus. Try playing hockey in that condition. Not fun!
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#32 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Try playing hockey in that condition. Not fun!

Stick her on the first line! We finally have the power forward we need!!

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 02 November 2012 - 06:09 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#33 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Monthly bleedings and childbirth aren't even that bad anyways. One time, I was really constipated, and when I was finally able to relieve myself, I had excreted a sample of roughly equal size, weight, and density to a newborn infant from a hole much smaller than what woman use to give birth (in before someone insinuates otherwise). I had also experienced some tearing. So there were some "after effects" from that. Zipped up, and carried on throughout the day without getting mad at everyone I met.

If men had periods and gave birth, you wouldn't even hear about it.

BTW before someone loses their **** at me, I'm joking.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#34 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

Stick her on the first line! We finally have the power forward we need!!

Mason Raymond is our power forward.

Posted Image

#35 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,179 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

I chloroformed my wife while she was on her rag. Felt great after and started to some hockey. Hours later I go to check on her and she is still out cold. At this moment I realized she wasn't going to wake up. I ended up losing ten years of my life and the love of my life, because I was annoyed of her PMS rages.

hmmm...wow....where to start...first of all-4 likes?????????next of all-we're all on here to share not to scare, but if I know anything I will guess that you have processed all this and come out the other end, wiser or otherwise.Regardless I really hope you take ongoing counselling especially if you plan to or have in fact remarried. I hope you get that your reaction to the situation was so far removed from appropriate words just can't say. Really, regardless of how much progress you feel you may have made since then I strongly urge you to never remarry. I don't think it's for you.Just saying.
Posted Image

If the way Torts stepped up doesn't inspire anyone to work harder, I'll drive them to the airport myself.

</p>

#36 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

POPULAR

Monthly bleedings and childbirth aren't even that bad anyways. One time, I was really constipated, and when I was finally able to relieve myself, I had excreted a sample of roughly equal size, weight, and density to a newborn infant from a hole much smaller than what woman use to give birth (in before someone insinuates otherwise). I had also experienced some tearing. So there were some "after effects" from that. Zipped up, and carried on throughout the day without getting mad at everyone I met.

If men had periods and gave birth, you wouldn't even hear about it.

BTW before someone loses their **** at me, I'm joking.

All sarcasm aside........

If you've never given birth then you have no validity(so to speak) to compare the two. And I can pretty much guarantee that if men had to give birth the world would never hear the end of it.

:lol:

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 02 November 2012 - 08:16 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#37 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

All sarcasm aside........

If you've never given birth then you have no validity(so to speak) to compare the two. And I can pretty much guarantee that if men had to give birth the world would never hear the end of it.

:lol:

Have you had any children?
virtus junxit mors non separabit.

View PostGumballthechewy, on 10 January 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

Hockey season must be back on, the crazies are coming out again....

#38 Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,917 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

You already won the thread earlier. No need to start a ****storm.

miladuckrounded.png

#39 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

And I can pretty much guarantee that if men had to give birth the world would never hear the end of it.

I excreted something the same size of a baby in a ridiculously shorter amount of time (more concentrated amount of pain) and only told my entire friends, family, and couple people on the Skytrain. So that throws your entire theory out the window.

Apology accepted.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#40 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

I have had the equivalent. Ask me anything you want to know about the process.

#41 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

I excreted something the same size of a baby in a ridiculously shorter amount of time (more concentrated amount of pain) and only told my entire friends, family, and couple people on the Skytrain. So that throws your entire theory out the window.

Apology accepted.

No apology extended. And my 'theory' still stands, thanks.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#42 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

No apology extended. And my 'theory' still stands, thanks.

Apology forcefully taken and accepted.

#43 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

I have had the equivalent. Ask me anything you want to know about the process.

Maybe a PM would suffice. My question was directed at BB.
virtus junxit mors non separabit.

View PostGumballthechewy, on 10 January 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

Hockey season must be back on, the crazies are coming out again....

#44 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,846 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

Apology accepted.

Did you just compare dropping a deuce to child birth?

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#45 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

I wish. Having three older sisters and a mom, it gets pretty ugly at times. I feel like a scapegoat for things I have no idea about :lol: :(

Exact same situation. Doesn't help that all sisters were absolute psychopaths in their teenage years.

I had a lawn chair thrown at me when I was 8 and my oldest sister was 15 because I was shuffling a bunch of Pokemon cards too loudly (is that even humanly possible?) outside on the grass while my sister was watching TV inside and she was having the "worst day of her life" for the 2367th time. PMS is definitely real :lol:
Posted Image

#46 EX_Bert_Worshipper

EX_Bert_Worshipper

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

Okay. Going to give my perspective here because I'm actually a woman and have first hand experience with this.
Let me explain:

A woman's cycle is dependent on hormone levels. I can personally tell you that when your female hormone levels fluctuate, you are definitely affected. For anyone that knows me, I'm hardly ever an angry person. But, when I hit PMS time, I am indeed moody. I do try and keep it to myself, however. For me, it's more of the depression and anxiety that gets flared up, anyway.
Now, put the hormone fluctuation on top of cramps, bloating, headaches, backaches, tiredness, etc. and yes, you get a moody person. And that's BEFORE the nastiness starts.

So, while I don't think it's a good excuse to let your b!tchiness fly, it's a very real thing. It's on par with having the flu and feeling horrible - you're not apt to being all pleasant.

So, "wah" at those of you having to put up with a crabby person for a couple of days. :lol:
They're not going through a pleasant time, either, fellas! Give her a hug and I'll bet you she'll appreciate it.
Posted Image

#47 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

Okay. Going to give my perspective here because I'm actually a woman and have first hand experience with this.
Let me explain:

A woman's cycle is dependent on hormone levels. I can personally tell you that when your female hormone levels fluctuate, you are definitely affected. For anyone that knows me, I'm hardly ever an angry person. But, when I hit PMS time, I am indeed moody. I do try and keep it to myself, however. For me, it's more of the depression and anxiety that gets flared up, anyway.
Now, put the hormone fluctuation on top of cramps, bloating, headaches, backaches, tiredness, etc. and yes, you get a moody person. And that's BEFORE the nastiness starts.

So, while I don't think it's a good excuse to let your b!tchiness fly, it's a very real thing. It's on par with having the flu and feeling horrible - you're not apt to being all pleasant.

So, "wah" at those of you having to put up with a crabby person for a couple of days. :lol:
They're not going through a pleasant time, either, fellas! Give her a hug and I'll bet you she'll appreciate it.

I have battled with depression and anxiety all my adult life , and this has made me go out of my way to be upbeat and positive when i am around my friends and other people .
While i do not judge others i believe that no matter what is happening in your own life , other people do not want to be around a person who bums them out , we all have problems and worries , it takes an effort to maintain a sunny disposition , especially when you sometimes find life on this flatulent orifice of a planet hard to come to terms with .
"These are the things to keep in mind. These are not just academic exercises. We're not analyzing the media on Mars or in the eighteenth century or something like that. We're dealing with real human beings who are suffering and dying and being tortured and starving because of policies that we are involved in, we as citizens of democratic societies are directly involved in and are responsible for, and what the media are doing is ensuring that we do not act on our responsibilities, and that the interests of power are served, not the needs of the suffering people, and not even the needs of the American people who would be horrified if they realized the blood that's dripping from their hands because of the way they are allowing themselves to be deluded and manipulated by the system."
Noam Chomsky

Jesus didn’t say yes to everyone. I mean Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it is not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia
Tony Abbott......Current Australian PM

#48 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Ive know this for years. This whole PMS thing is an American cultural thing.

Spend time with women from different cultures and it becomes evident right away.

#49 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,576 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

Apology accepted.

Really!?

#50 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,179 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

<p>

I excreted something the same size of a baby...and only told... a couple people on the Skytrain...

Oh, so that was you. Remind me to avoid that train.
Posted Image

If the way Torts stepped up doesn't inspire anyone to work harder, I'll drive them to the airport myself.

</p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.