#31 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

The fourth one was deflected in.

I'm talking about the one he let in with a minute left in the 2nd. That changes the whole mentality of the team going into the 3rd.

Was it a weak goal?
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#32 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

I like the idea of bringing Cannata up. Climie isn't keeping his team in it at all. Desbiens should be in the press box for a bit.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#33 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,050 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Highlights are up. Schroeder and Kassian both had great chances but couldn't score.

Climie caught cheating on the third goal, and it deflected up over his shoulder.

Also, the Charlotte forwards and D make the Wolves look like a bunch of midgets. They've gotta be one of the smallest teams up front in the league. Time to recall Archie, and replace that plug Desbiens, and get Joslin out and replace him with Matheson.

Mullen getting back into the lineup will be big too. They're in desperate need of a puck moving D-man right now, as Connauton just isn't bringing it enough.

Edited by DeNiro, 04 November 2012 - 05:28 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#34 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,286 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Clime wow....ugh.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#35 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,206 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Highlights are up. Schroeder and Kassian both had great chances but couldn't score.

Climie caught cheating on the third goal, and it deflected up over his shoulder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgH96xlKkp8

Also, the Charlotte forwards and D make the Wolves look like a bunch of midgets. They've gotta be one of the smallest teams up front in the league. Time to recall Archie, and replace that plug Desbiens, and get Joslin out and replace him with Matheson.

Mullen getting back into the lineup will be big too. They're in desperate need of a puck moving D-man right now, as Connauton just isn't bringing it enough.

Wonder if Nucks can even bring up Cannata? I remember reading something about Nucks not happy Wolves resigned Climie. He's only played 3 of 9 games with the Wings.

Joslin is a bust. Desbiens is not a #1 PKer, or a guy who should be playing in last min of a game when you're tied at end of 3rd. Both are loved by the coach. Desbiens played more games than Rodin *shakes head in confusion*

Connauton has been hot and cold IMO - defensivly speaking. They need to stick him back with Tanev so he can babysit him :)

#36 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,050 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

Wonder if Nucks can even bring up Cannata? I remember reading something about Nucks not happy Wolves resigned Climie. He's only played 3 of 9 games with the Wings.

Joslin is a bust. Desbiens is not a #1 PKer, or a guy who should be playing in last min of a game when you're tied at end of 3rd. Both are loved by the coach. Desbiens played more games than Rodin *shakes head in confusion*

Connauton has been hot and cold IMO - defensivly speaking. They need to stick him back with Tanev so he can babysit him :)

Pretty sure we can recall any of the players we have signed to ELC's from the wings. I would imagine the Canucks were not happy that Cannata was not on the Wolves. He's good enough to be in the AHL. But I guess that's why we'd be better off owning our farm team.

Joslin is not having a great start. I can't see him ever working his way up the depth chart enough to get a call up. I'm pleasantly surprised with Andersson though. He's a big dude, can skate well, and makes smart plays. I can even see his offensive game starting to come out. He could be a real solid defender for us.

And Desbiens is clearly Arniel's pet player. He likes him cause he stands up for his teammates, which is respectable, but the coach has gotta realize that he's a plug. Rodin helps you win more games just by being better defensively, than Desbiens ever will.

Connauton knows that Joslin is struggling, and so he's having to come back and cover for him; which is hurting his offensive game. He needs to be paired with Tanev, or even Andersson, so that he's free to play his game. As soon as Mullen gets back, the D can be put back the way it's most effective.

Edited by DeNiro, 05 November 2012 - 12:40 AM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#37 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,937 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

Joslin makes Alberts look like speedy speedy gonzales. Good thing he's way down the depth chart for call ups.. unless AV sees some Aaron Rome in him lol.

#38 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

Mullen Tanev
Connauton Anderson

I wouldn't mind seeing that as the top 4..

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#39 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

I don't think too much should be blamed on Climie...........or Lack, the defence is absolutely US just now. Con is half asleep and even Tanev's game looked patchy the other night ..........despite 2 goals.
Kevin.jpg

#40 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:10 AM

what's the opposite of clutch?

fail??

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#41 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:31 AM

It is early in the season for coaching to be panicing. Cannata is in the ECHL because of ice time. Lack is the #1 in Chicago. If it was late December I might agree with more drastic changes.

I believe the Checkers were the most talented squad the Wolves have met so far this year.

#42 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,581 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

It is early in the season for coaching to be panicing. Cannata is in the ECHL because of ice time. Lack is the #1 in Chicago. If it was late December I might agree with more drastic changes.

I believe the Checkers were the most talented squad the Wolves have met so far this year.

Cannata's not getting icetime in the ECHL either though, he's playing just as much as climie is on the wolves.

Edited by avelanch, 05 November 2012 - 08:43 AM.

#43 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

How did Sauve play? Why isn't he getting more minutes?

#44 curtman81

curtman81

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

Lets all remember,it is early in the season. The boys are getting thier legs under them.

Just give them all some time to get going. Atleast they are skating and getting some mins in.

Most of the NHL players are relaxing at home with family,these young guys are working hard.

#45 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

Mullen Tanev
Connauton Anderson

I wouldn't mind seeing that as the top 4..

Dunno if you want to have two righties on the same pairing though... I'd rather see:

Connauton - Tanev
Andersson - Mullen

Everyone plays their natural side, much better for the team too.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#46 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Joslin has looked brutal from what i've seen thus far, especially for a guy with 114 NHL games. When I watched the games against the Heat I noticed Matheson was a much, much better defender than Joslin.

It is also sad to see Desbiens' game decline. The year he scored 21 goals and 47 points as a 23 year old despite being drafted as an enforcer I was optimistic that he could play in the NHL as a regular in a few years. Now he is barely good enough for the AHL.

Edited by canucklehead44, 05 November 2012 - 05:02 PM.

Sig too big.

#47 RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

I think the lines would be better if we had tim miller and desbein OUT and we replace them with freisen and archibald IN. A Fourth Line of mallet-freisen-archibald would be very solid and maybe a future 4th line for the canucks

Edited by RustyShackleford, 05 November 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#48 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,581 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

I have yet to be impressed by anything Joslin has done, quite honestly he shouldn't be playing.

#49 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,208 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

Early in the season when Joslin and Mullen were paired together I thought they were noticeable in a good way, but since then I haven't seen much to like about Joslin's play. It seems he's on the ice enough to keep hearing his name, but that's hardly enough to impress anyone.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#50 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,581 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

Early in the season when Joslin and Mullen were paired together I thought they were noticeable in a good way, but since then I haven't seen much to like about Joslin's play. It seems he's on the ice enough to keep hearing his name, but that's hardly enough to impress anyone.

I've noticed him in all the worst possible ways as of late, he'd be riding the pine for a couple of games if he were on my team.

#51 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

Justin Faulk 11 points in 7 games. Justin Schultz has some competition.

Carolina first two picks of the 2010 draft are amazing.

They are lucky. I was posting a lot during the draft, saying that Schultz would probably turn out to be the best value at the late picks and was hoping the Canucks would draft him, so it made the trade for Ballard even tougher to swallow.

Schultz had the total package but was buried behind some big and tall defense man in the USA development team, so people questioned his ability. It's too bad, people draft for potential rather than whats right in front of them. There's absolutely no way, I'd even think of drafting a guy like Dylan McIlrath but people love toughness but like we see time and time again. Drafting toughness never prevails. The players need the overall package.

Anyways, I wanted to rant cause I'm glad that a player i wanted is doing so good but at the same time. The only dman i had in front of him was Derek Forbort so =/. Everyone knew Forbort needed time to develop, but one may ask if its even worth it to take a long term project anymore.

Edited by Rey, 10 November 2012 - 10:16 PM.

#52 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,744 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

They are lucky. I was posting a lot during the draft, saying that Schultz would probably turn out to be the best value at the late picks and was hoping the Canucks would draft him, so it made the trade for Ballard even tougher to swallow.

Schultz had the total package but was buried behind some big and tall defense man in the USA development team, so people questioned his ability. It's too bad, people draft for potential rather than whats right in front of them. There's absolutely no way, I'd even think of drafting a guy like Dylan McIlrath but people love toughness but like we see time and time again. Drafting toughness never prevails. The players need the overall package.

Anyways, I wanted to rant cause I'm glad that a player i wanted is doing so good but at the same time. The only dman i had in front of him was Derek Forbort so =/. Everyone knew Forbort needed time to develop, but one may ask if its even worth it to take a long term project anymore.

You mean Faulk here right?

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.