yawn

who ever garners the most Mo-$ wins

adn the loser's mascot must wear the winner's jersey

yawnnnn

how about something really fun

which team grows the best 20 staches

with an impartial judge, the TO Maple Leafs

loser has to wear 1/2 mustache for 1 week

These millionaires shouldn't need a silly mustache contest in order to donate to charity.

Without this 'huh?' relationship with Kessel cancer, Movember is a ridiculous tradition that does nothing but raise the awareness of facial hair itch.

But if they wanna do it, good for them. Without hockey, growing hair is superior to most forms of televised Canadian content.

Am I the only one who finds it incredibly distasteful that while the NHL squabbles about how to devide up our $3.3 Billion, they would implore us to donate our money ( not theirs) to their chosen cause, and wrap in thinly disguised "Team Patriotism"?

Some of us support charities not connected to the NHL.

In the midst of a lock out this particular "challenge" just serves (me) to prove how much the NHL is only about bleeding their fans of money. This challenge is about the NHL continuing business as ususal (Lets make sure our fans still support our causes) to make the league, team and player look like a benevolent bunch.

Did any of them propose to give their money? No, they just came up with the weakest "challenge" ever to bleed us some more, for their feel good story.

i hate things like this.....when people think they are making a difference by wearing pink shoe laces, "likeing" a post on facebook to stop bullying or retweeting "stop koni". NEWS FLASH you havent changed anything, everyone knows about breast cancer and if you think a click of a button on a social networking site will put someone behind bars, you are mistaken my friends.....movember is more of a target of comedy among friends then it is to help towards cancer research or charitys

like the canucks have that charity thing every year to ask the public for money to help they needy.... :blink: ummmm wait isnt there a bunch of local millionaires who play hockey for a living.....hows about the players try not to buy a new $15,000 rolex watch this month and give that money to a charity

i hate things like this.....when people think they are making a difference by wearing pink shoe laces, "likeing" a post on facebook to stop bullying or retweeting "stop koni". NEWS FLASH you havent changed anything, everyone knows about breast cancer and if you think a click of a button on a social networking site will put someone behind bars, you are mistaken my friends.....movember is more of a target of comedy among friends then it is to help towards cancer research or charitys

like the canucks have that charity thing every year to ask the public for money to help they needy.... :blink: ummmm wait isnt there a bunch of local millionaires who play hockey for a living.....hows about the players try not to buy a new $15,000 rolex watch this month and give that money to a charity

So this mega Challenge is a week old now.

it is on the top of the Canucks board and a click on the link indicates the Canucks have raised about $2500. The site has 0 involvement from current Canuucks or management. The player picks include some 70s &80s players and Dave babych from about 1996.

The Habs don't even list the challenge anywhere on their website.

Looks like this "winner" might go the way of the 7th man routine.

Ggggooooo Canucks

One thing a lot of you guys are not understanding is that there are millions upon millions of us and only a few hundred of them. Its a lot easier for 1 million people to give 5 dollars than it is for 1 person to give 5 million. Even if they have more than one million its still a frack load of money and if you had a million dollars the LAST thing you'd want to do is say hey im gonna give my million dollars away. More than one member of the canucks has given large sums of money to charity, such as the twins, hamhuis and many more.

Stop crying about a charity event! If you don't want to donate then don't. But don't try and stop other people from donating money to help cure cancer or other diseases, that is just ignorant and stupid.

Oh right! play the charity card and every stupid idea becomes viable.

Here are a couple for you,

I will wear a pink thong for a week and you give $100 to charity (just not this one to save Poor Fin embarassment)

Or if you would like to generate more money for charity

I will pay $125 to charity if you will wear "LMM Rules" on you forhead in black sharpie for 1 week.

how can you resist that one? $125 to charity!!!!

Puckdrop

First let me tell what I do not have a beef with,

1. The Movenber event.

the Movember event is world wide event for a good and honorable cause, I salute them.

2. Homojockos wearing gay mustaches, the month after wearing pink laces etc.

the irony is sublime and if jocks want to crossdress for a cause I would be fine with that also.

However the above reply was to one of the many in this thread with similar sentiment that because it is for charity that we must all fall in lock-step in support. I do not believe that to be true. There are many good and honorable causes to support. This is one, there are others.

As far as the Canuck-Canadien Challenge goes, my beef is the same as with all things NHL at this time. Neither team is putting any effort into this charade, neither team has a Captain, ( compared to Toronto Mople Leafs, headed by Wendel Clark ). This Challenge has no team invovlement, but as hockey teams will want to do they ask the fans to throw money at it anyway. (again I am not against the cause). What I am against is the incredibly weeak effort by both teams invovled in this Challenge.

Have you even bothered to click the link? There is nothing about this "Challenge". The Canuck page features some old ex-Canucks with staches and the Habs site is even worse, with no team invovlment.

Bottom line = weak effort

Archived