A. No touch icing. It will save a d-man's life one day!
B. 28 team league with 4 divisions of 7 teams each. (i.e. get rid of two teams, hold a dispersal draft, 10 year freeze on expansion)
C. Full interlocking schedule. i.e. every team plays each team twice 54 games. They then play each team in the conference twice (13 x2) 26 games. 80 game season. This eliminates teams back east having cushy travel schedules while teams like the Canucks rack up the air miles!
D. One ref system. Keep the linesmen, but one ref. We're not getting more calls with 2 refs, we're getting less consistency.
E. Elimination of the instigator rule.
F. Return the 2 Minute Major, especially for high sticking, or checking from behind.
G. No trapezoid, but if a goalie is outside his crease he's fair game.
H. Shot over the glass like icing, no line changes and faceoff in the zone for the team that did the shot over the glass.
I. Overtime 4 on 4 for 10 minutes. If no scoring, it goes to a shootout. Losing team does not get a point regardless, and the winning team gets 1 point for winning in O/T or shootout. This puts an emphasis on winning in regulation. Why reward a team for making it to overtime??
i,m with ya!
I would add a couple more........
1. Reduction in goalie equipment size
2. Linesman can call.....cheap shots behind the play
3. Add 3 pts for regulation win with 4 or more goals.
4. Allow teams to build ice arena from olympic size to current size.
5. Review diving and embellishment and suspend for a game if no contact was made.
6.Take away the hard shelled elbow pads that cause concussions.
7. Refs can call illegal defense on teams that pull their winger(s) back in below the top of circles to clog slot. 2 warnings then penalty.
Edited by sting, 07 November 2012 - 12:14 AM.