I was thinking something along the lines of:
Edmonton: Luongo, Ballard, Schroeder & 2013 Conditional 2nd (3rd if they make the playoffs)
Vancouver: Eberle & Horcroff
For Edmonton I have six primary reasons.
1. Oilers would automatically put themselves in playoff contention with Luongo backstopping them, they pay a high price but Gillis won't move Luongo to a division rivalry for scraps.
2. Ballard would get a shot in their top 4 and if he doesn't fit then his contract expires before they'll have to start shelling out more big contracts to their young guns
3. Can use Dubnyk to replenish their forward stock by trading to a team like Columbus.
4. From what I've read Edmonton would be happy to stop paying Horcroff 5.5M per year when he'll be centering the third line
5. Personally I feel that Gagner will walk unless he outplays RNH... so if Gagner leaves, ideally after another year developing Schroeder would be given a shot at the top six, and crack it.
6. Second round pick if Luo doesn't get them into the playoffs.
For Vancouver I have two main points.
1. Eberle... future elite, right handed shot with Sedins, pretty self explanatory...
2. I feel that the Canucks would have to take back Horcroff's contract but it would be worth the acquisition of Eberle.
It would be awesome if people not only critiqued mine and other's trades but also proposed their own... Nobody reads these sections because they like seeing facepalms.
Thanks for reading
Edited by DonTaylor4President, 04 November 2012 - 07:35 PM.