69 replies to this topic

#1 Biasbieksa

Biasbieksa

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

Im 21. Shes 23. Going to a movie. Any advice on dating an older woman. Advice is appreciated. Jokes are encouraged.

#2 Horny Manatee

Horny Manatee

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,860 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

POPULAR

Talk about Barbra Streisand or Cher.
Posted Image
Lick my lollipops?

#3 AriGold

AriGold

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

POPULAR

That is not an older woman..

1st thought is going to a movie for a first date is just a terrible idea, what's the point ?

I say take her downtown for dinner, maybe if you want to avoid talking go to the granville island theater sports ? At least you can get involved in the show together and have fun.

Wolf-Wall-Street-Pool-Party-Dragonlord.j

#4 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

If she doesn't put out after the movie, kick errr to the curb
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#5 Lillooet_Hillbilly

Lillooet_Hillbilly

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

POPULAR

you call that an older woman????

#6 Biasbieksa

Biasbieksa

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

Love the responses guys. Don't wanna drive downtown for dinner. Heck don't even want to do dinner. I am a little nervous unfortunately.

#7 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Well, She's may or may not be into Justin Beiber. Once you find that out you will know how to act. If she is, than its just like the younger girls you may have been on a date with. Just make sure you get her home before 10.

If she doesn't like him, than be honest, and yourself. Don't be a tool and try to play her. Again be honest and upfront about what you are looking for.

A good tip is at dinner tell her she can order anything on the menu. If shes a gold digger she will order expensive things. If she's down to earth she will probably get something reasonable. This will tell you she's not out to use you.

In my experiences even if she takes you for a $50 dinner and you figure her out, in the long run you will save yourself a ton of money and heartache.
virtus junxit mors non separabit.

View PostGumballthechewy, on 10 January 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

Hockey season must be back on, the crazies are coming out again....

#8 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

You might as well stay at your respective homes and text each other cause that'd still be more communication than you would get from going to the movies on a first date.

But you know, if you are really going to do that go watch a horror. Gives her an excuse to cuddle up unless you're more scared than her lol.

Edited by rebob, 04 November 2012 - 10:27 PM.

#9 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

That is not an older woman..
1st thought is going to a movie for a first date is just a terrible idea, what's the point ?
I say take her downtown for dinner, maybe if you want to avoid talking go to the Granville island theater sports? At least you can get involved in the show together and have fun.

Agreed with the point about the movie, but I don't think the OP should even have the idea about dating someone if he's not even going to talk to them during the process! Dating should be to get to know the person and to further discover that person's personality! IFF (if and only if) he's willing to I think he should really give her a chance and take the opportunity to talk with her while interacting over a fun activity. It won't be fun if they're going to act like two individuals instead of a couple by not talking to each other.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#10 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,324 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

POPULAR

Talk about Barbra Streisand or Cher.

Take her to Dennys and order the Seniors Slam. Talk about how Harper is a threat to our pension funds. Mention the Depends sale you read about in the Shoppers flyer you read while you were waiting for her.
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

#11 Biasbieksa

Biasbieksa

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

im 21. I don't she will be gold digging me too hard

#12 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

im 21. I don't she will be gold digging me too hard

Well, you did come to the weirdest place to get advice from. Second, maybe give her a chance. You never know you may click with her.

#13 Biasbieksa

Biasbieksa

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:30 PM

Some particularly funny results here. Im going to be honest. This is what I was mostly hoping for. Tips for after the movie? Should I let her pay to make her feel superior? Girls dig that &%*

#14 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Best dates i've ever been on is usually when the chick pays for dinner, drinks and condoms
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#15 goalie13

goalie13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,068 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

A movie is not a quality date. It's better to do something where you can actually get to know each other a little bit.

Although... I say that, but my first date with my wife was a movie.
Posted Image

#16 Biasbieksa

Biasbieksa

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

Details: ive texted her for a while, and I believe its a good icebreaker. Talk before. After. Definitely not the morning. a 10 dollar ticket doesn't merit that.

#17 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,630 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Make sure to bring a couple pairs of Depends diapers and a baggy full of Werthers, just in case she forgets. She will see you as a kind gentlemen.

#18 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

Just be yourself. If it doesn't work out in your favor, don't worry about it. Plenty of fish in the sea bud.

And right one for getting a 23 year old to go out with you as 21. That's something to be proud of bud.
Posted Image

#19 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,648 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

Details: ive texted her for a while, and I believe its a good icebreaker. Talk before. After. Definitely not the morning. a 10 dollar ticket doesn't merit that.

That whole thing you hear in movies and stuff about 'not calling the next day' or the 'three day rule' is complete BS. If you really connected with her, or she connected with you, you guys should feel comfortable talking to each other whenever. Not texting back the next day is awkward, and in my opinion kind of rude.

Also, two years older than you is not a huge age gap. Five years is when you start saying I'm seeing someone older.

Edited by The Hornet, 04 November 2012 - 10:58 PM.

Posted Image

#20 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

my girlfriend's 2.75 years older than me yet she's been the easiest to date out of the other girls I've dated who are my age. I've been with her nearly 2 years now and no one can ever guess we're nearly 3 years apart because she knows what she wants I know what I want and we get along superb. The thing about younger girls (our age) is that they don't know what they want, and their mind changes every few days. The best advice is treat it like you're dating someone your own age

Swap Byron Leftwich and Tom Brady's situations. Today Brady would be a UFA or on the Roughriders practice roster, Byron Leftwich would have 100 more wins than losses.

:picard:

"Spirituality, faith and democracy are the corner stones of our country. We are all Patriots. And tonight, the Patriots are World Champions." -Robert Kraft

#21 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

I gotta say, I like "older" women (if you think 2 years is older, lol). I've been hitting it off lately with someone that's 20 years old... I just turned 17. Just treat them normally and TBH, in my experience girls that are older are more down to earth and realistic.

Have a good time, and don't be too nervous!

3Goktj2.jpg

#22 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:37 PM

Im 21. Shes 23. Going to a movie. Any advice on dating an older woman. Advice is appreciated. Jokes are encouraged.

Go for drinks (alcoholic) to a low key bar, or lounge.
Going to a movie on the first date creates an awkward situation where you've just spent two hours together, but didn't say a single thing.
Drinks will loosen you both up, and you'll be fulfilling the purpose of the date. To talk, and get to know eachother.
Plus, if you're looking to get laid, drinks is the easiest way.
Don't go to the theatre. Trust me.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#23 Gerg

Gerg

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,169 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

My advice is that there needs to be something more than just a movie. Dinner before or drinks after. Myself, I refuse to do movie on a first date, that's our chance to impress each other. It's hard to impress someone with two hours of silence
Posted Image

#24 kacholu

kacholu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

Just give her my number. Someone her own age own and not a kid!!

Kidding aside, I would say don't listen to any of us. Even if you are nervous it's fine because its different. One thing you don't want to do is bore her.

#25 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,524 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

Cook her dinner. Impress her with it if you can. Or better yet, get her to cook you dinner. If she cooks a good meal, she's a keeper.

Ladies, your mom/grandma was right. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.
Posted Image

#26 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

At first I thought it was gonna be some 19 year old kid dating some 35+ chick, lol.

Some details about the girl might be useful if you want an accurate answer. Eg. if she hates sports, obviously don't bring her to a sports bar to watch the game.

#27 22Sedinery33

22Sedinery33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

Just be yourself and don't be someone who you aren't. Seen alot of guys try to impress the girl only to be left with nothing and a path of shame. You should have found out what are her favorite things to do and her interests, go from there. Make it a great night and something you both can remember for a long time for a lasting impression. Don't post on cdc ever again, most of this is common sense just shows how insecure you are about yourself. Relax you will do fine.
Posted Image

#28 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

I gotta say, I like "older" women (if you think 2 years is older, lol). I've been hitting it off lately with someone that's 20 years old... I just turned 17. Just treat them normally and TBH, in my experience girls that are older are more down to earth and realistic.

Have a good time, and don't be too nervous!

You just ragged on him for a year less difference than yours. Sad man.

I mean I understand how being in high school and going on a date with someone who is all growed up is as if its huge. It isin't at all, either things work or they don't.

#29 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,703 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

POPULAR

Fix your language settings so you can use proper question marks.
That'll get her hot.

#30 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:35 AM

You just ragged on him for a year less difference than yours. Sad man.

I mean I understand how being in high school and going on a date with someone who is all growed up is as if its huge. It isin't at all, either things work or they don't.

It was a joke dude. I wasn't calling the 20 year old "old" either.

3Goktj2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.