The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

First date, older woman. Advice fellow membersÉ

Biasbieksa

I gotta say, I like "older" women (if you think 2 years is older, lol). I've been hitting it off lately with someone that's 20 years old... I just turned 17. Just treat them normally and TBH, in my experience girls that are older are more down to earth and realistic.

Have a good time, and don't be too nervous!

My advice is that there needs to be something more than just a movie. Dinner before or drinks after. Myself, I refuse to do movie on a first date, that's our chance to impress each other. It's hard to impress someone with two hours of silence

Just be yourself and don't be someone who you aren't. Seen alot of guys try to impress the girl only to be left with nothing and a path of shame. You should have found out what are her favorite things to do and her interests, go from there. Make it a great night and something you both can remember for a long time for a lasting impression. Don't post on cdc ever again, most of this is common sense just shows how insecure you are about yourself. Relax you will do fine.

I gotta say, I like "older" women (if you think 2 years is older, lol). I've been hitting it off lately with someone that's 20 years old... I just turned 17. Just treat them normally and TBH, in my experience girls that are older are more down to earth and realistic.

Have a good time, and don't be too nervous!

You just ragged on him for a year less difference than yours. Sad man.

I mean I understand how being in high school and going on a date with someone who is all growed up is as if its huge. It isin't at all, either things work or they don't.

5 basic things:

1) HAVE A NICE CONVERSATION WITH HER. Listen Her Ideas, plans etc. give good Ideas and show interest. some nice jokes involving the subject is also recomended...

2) RESPECT HER AS A PERSON NOT AS AN OBJECT. Don´t be exited to have a kiss or sex, things like this will happen naturally. don´t force her, admire her as a princess or as a good diamont. say some good things about her not only about her body!

3) BE MATURE! Show how good you are and your qualities. many girls like a man focused and interested on her not only on her body. be honest is nice but you don´t have to tell all your life. it´s boring. tell things that you really like. some funny things or adventures that you had is very recomended...

4) DON´T THINK TOO MUCH ABOUT THE NEXT DATE! enjoy every second with her! if it´s your last date with her ok. at least you had a nice moment with her. if you will see her again that´s nice! don´t rush things!

5) BE ROMANTIC BUT NOT TOO MUCH! good women like romance, some flowers or a good speech really shows that you know how be fancy. a "My day is now complete because I saw you" or something like this really breaks the ice. do this because you want and not because you want something in return...

GIRL is one thing...

WOMAN is another thing...

Go for drinks (alcoholic) to a low key bar, or lounge.

Going to a movie on the first date creates an awkward situation where you've just spent two hours together, but didn't say a single thing.

Drinks will loosen you both up, and you'll be fulfilling the purpose of the date. To talk, and get to know eachother.

Plus, if you're looking to get laid, drinks is the easiest way.

Don't go to the theatre. Trust me.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Damn! She's old enough to be your mother!

No, 'older' woman usually applies to women 15+ years older than you, not 2.

My advise is actually find a 30+ woman, they have ... experience and can do things that will make your head spin!

Well, She's may or may not be into Justin Beiber. Once you find that out you will know how to act. If she is, than its just like the younger girls you may have been on a date with. Just make sure you get her home before 10.

If she doesn't like him, than be honest, and yourself. Don't be a tool and try to play her. Again be honest and upfront about what you are looking for.

A good tip is at dinner tell her she can order anything on the menu. If shes a gold digger she will order expensive things. If she's down to earth she will probably get something reasonable. This will tell you she's not out to use you.

In my experiences even if she takes you for a $50 dinner and you figure her out, in the long run you will save yourself a ton of money and heartache.

Movies is not that the best idea but it can work. Go somewhere before the movie. i would suggest something that involves drinks to help you loosen up and relax. Watch a movie that is relatively short...say under 100mins (you don't want the alcohol to completely wear off). After the movie, get some more drinks. Talk. Be funny. Ask questions; pretend you care about what's happening in her life. Flirt. Do some shots. Take her to your place. Sexy time. Post on CDC about how you shagged an "older" women.

Basically, just drink, be funny and charming, get laid.

You're welcome.

First step is to grow up and realize that two people in their early-20's are essentially the same age. You're not in high school anymore - there are no freshmen/sophomore distinctions in adulthood.

As an adult, you can make sure to present yourself as one. What are you doing with your life? What are your goals? Are you working towards a career? Do you have entrepreneurial ideas/aspirations? Think of adult things you can talk about (hint: don't mention CDC). You don't have to be uber-successful now (you're only 21), but you can give indication that at least you have a plan. Something that tells her that if you end up hitting it off, she won't get stuck with some directionless adolescent in an adult's body.

Avoid the movie, you are there to get to know each other and a movie is the polar opposite. I know people are into texting these days, but it is not meant for meaningful conversations. If you really like her and want to connect with her, she is not going to get that from texting, call her.

Stefan made a comment about going for a drink, which is a great idea. Find out what kind of music she likes, take her to a lounge with that type of music playing and you get to sit, relax and have a drink while actually having meaningful one on one conversations.

Be yourself, treat her with respect and if she is worth having in your life it will all work out.

Archived