The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Good chance CBA will be signed in the next few days.

ILL BILL NECRO

The two sides met for a very long time Saturday and Sunday and talks went very well... They will meet again Tuesday to hopefully get a deal done...

Read this, it explains how it all just seems so scripted:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/article/1282764--nhl-lockout-if-it-s-november-it-means-serious-negotiations-are-finally-under-way-cox

I saw the progress made this weekend which is good to hear. Both sides will need to give a little if they want to have hockey before this year ends. Most people feel the players are asking too much, however the league should respect the contracts already signed. Since it's not going to happen let's all cut our losses and move on. The fans want hockey, people have been laid off due to the lock out, and let's face it, the world is a better place with the NHL in it.

I saw the progress made this weekend which is good to hear. Both sides will need to give a little if they want to have hockey before this year ends. Most people feel the players are asking too much, however the league should respect the contracts already signed. Since it's not going to happen let's all cut our losses and move on. The fans want hockey, people have been laid off due to the lock out, and lat's face it, the world is a better place with the NHL in it.

It's an interesting article but I'm afraid he lost me when he said agents were responsible for finding the contract loopholes in the last CBA (as opposed to GMs who benefited more) and implied that players' salaries went up because they somehow "won" the last CBA and not because their share was tied to revenue which grew 195% since the 2003/04 season (and grew more than half a billion in the last 2 years alone).

The way I see it is this is the make or break of the season. If they don't get a deal done within the next few days with this surge of talks, they never will. They will just get really frustrated with each other and break off all talks for a long time, which will cost us the season, not them.

The article doesn't say anything about the CBA likely being signed in the next few days.

It says that meaningful talks will really pick up now, which means that the season could start in December. He also says that there's a good chance that one or both sides could walk away from the bargaining table again.

Don't get your hopes up until there's concrete reports that a deal is close to getting done. They're still a ways away from that.

Archived