The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cody Hodgson Injured

TSN caught wind of it too now. Globe and Mail as well. This is front page news, people. ;)

ROCHESTER, N.Y. -- Buffalo Sabres centre Cody Hodgson is out indefinitely after breaking a bone in his right hand during a game with the team's American Hockey League affiliate.

Rochester coach Ron Rolston says Hodgson will miss at least a few weeks before having his injury evaluated. Hodgson told the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle he was hurt after being slashed by Adirondack's Brandon Manning in a game Oct. 27. Hodgson wore a splint in a game against Hamilton on Friday, before being sidelined the following day.

He has a goal and nine assists in nine games with Rochester.

Acquired by Buffalo in a trade with Vancouver in February, Hodgson is coming off his first full NHL season. The 2008 first-round draft pick was eligible to play in the minors during the NHL lockout.

That's true, Cody is a hands guy and will need alot of time to heal to be 100%. Looks like the NHL may be back in action before Christmas which would leave this kid in the press box. I know alot of Canuck Fan's were upset when we traded him but in time I feel those fans will see the light.

That's true, Cody is a hands guy and will need alot of time to heal to be 100%. Looks like the NHL may be back in action before Christmas which would leave this kid in the press box. I know alot of Canuck Fan's were upset when we traded him but in time I feel those fans will see the light.

It's really not that extreme to say we may have had a cup run with Cody. I doubt he was gonna be a playoff stud and savior, but his replacement sucked his the trade return was scratched. After LA no one was left to stop us. Cancer lol gimme a break, there is absolutely nothing we "heard about behind the scenes" to imply such a thing. If a quiet rookie really causes the locker room to turn upside down and start fighting with eachother then it's the rest of them that should be traded.

Please provide evident proof that he was a cancer in the locker room. If anything, it was more of him wanting more ice time and AV not giving it to him given the recent track history of rookies under Vigneault's reign. It was also because of family issues that Cody was traded. Nowhere does it say that he was a cancer at all. He's a quiet leader and not once did we ever hear him whine or cry about having a slow start to his career or not getting enough ice time.

It wasn't the icetime as much as the zone starts that he wanted. It made sense for Cody to be utilized in an offensive role and he wasn't getting that with the Sedins getting all the sweet zone starts.

That being said, during his 'rookie of the month' month, AV did grant him Sedinish zone starts and he responded by putting up some points. So AV did indeed grant him his request. For a month.

I have no problem with Cody wanting easier icetime. He's a slick offensive talent that isn't built for grinding 3rd line tasks. And he's not a tremendously tenacious two-way force yet either. He NEEDED Sedinish zone starts to succeed here. Problem: We already have the Sedins. So you can say Cody was doomed as a Canuck right from the get-go. Oh well?

What bothers me about this is that TO media was right about Coho's destiny from the start. Throw crap on a wall and sometimes it sticks i guess.

Please provide evident proof that he was a cancer in the locker room. If anything, it was more of him wanting more ice time and AV not giving it to him given the recent track history of rookies under Vigneault's reign. It was also because of family issues that Cody was traded. Nowhere does it say that he was a cancer at all. He's a quiet leader and not once did we ever hear him whine or cry about having a slow start to his career or not getting enough ice time.

Archived