Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Choose Your Dynamic Duo

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Choose Your Dynamic Duo (125 member(s) have cast votes)

Which dynamic duo would you want

1. Sedins (71 votes [56.80%])

Percentage of vote: 56.80%

2. Naslund/Bertuzzi (20 votes [16.00%])

Percentage of vote: 16.00%

3. Bure/Mogilny (34 votes [27.20%])

Percentage of vote: 27.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 TheAce

TheAce

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Simple question..... if you could choose one of these ' dynamic duo's ' in there prime which one would you want going forward ?

Sedins - have such a great chemistry and have scored the highest single season point totals in Canucks history. Never a question of loyalty, character or locker room issues.

Nazzy/Bert - these 2 were incredible together. There will always be that question of ' what if Moore didnt get hurt ? ' Bert's game really changed after that incident and it affected Nazzy as well, but before that happened these 2 were dominating the NHL

Bure/Mogilny - sadly we didnt get too much of a chance to see these 2 play together but the few times they did, it was fun to watch. Two of the most talented individuals the NHL has seen. Speed, finesse, skill...

#2 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,530 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Gino Odjick and Pavel Bure.

3Goktj2.jpg

#3 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Nazzy and Bert were more offensively dynamic, but Sedins are more consistent season-to-season, more longevity, and better in the playoffs.
Posted Image

#4 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,498 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Hank and Dank. In a few years Jensen and Kassian (hopefully)

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#5 Nucks+Cup+♥

Nucks+Cup+♥

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

Sedins
Posted Image
credit to Henrik Sedin for awesome sig
:bigblush:

#6 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 72,008 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Sedins for sure.

307mg00.jpg

#7 Blame Obama

Blame Obama

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Bure/Mogilny

Bure atleast has aggression more than sedins

10f3wcl.jpg

sig made by: -Vintage Canuck-

#8 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

POPULAR

Luongo/ Schneider. They kept the team in the game when the offense wasn't going last year.

Edited by g@m3b0i, 05 November 2012 - 07:02 PM.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#9 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Courtnall and Ronning

#10 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Sedins. No better players.
Posted Image

#11 Wheels22

Wheels22

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

I'm going to have to pick the Sedins for this one...

The other two duos were fantastic too, but very few players in the NHL have ever played as good together as the twins do. Plus, the Sedins are going to continue to play together and dominate for 4+ more years, while the other two duos didn't play together very long...

#12 Tits J. McGee

Tits J. McGee

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Batman and Robin
All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy.

#13 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Sedins
Posted Image

#14 Tits J. McGee

Tits J. McGee

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

I'm going to have to pick the Sedins for this one...

The other two duos were fantastic too, but very few players in the NHL have ever played as good together as the twins do. Plus, the Sedins are going to continue to play together and dominate for 4+ more years, while the other two duos didn't play together very long...

Seriously? 4+ more years?

I can see them playing well for a while, but they won't be dominating in 4+ years. They will still be good players that I want on my team, but not dominating.
All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy. All Work And No Play Makes Jack A Dull Boy.

#15 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Seriously? 4+ more years?

I can see them playing well for a while, but they won't be dominating in 4+ years. They will still be good players that I want on my team, but not dominating.

I don't know about that, even Drance thinks they have a lot more to give in one of his more recent articles. I personally think that if we can get 4-5 more seasons out of them we will still see them put up in the area of 300-350pts each. maybe not art ross numbers, but most likely still top 10-15 in league, which I would classify as 'dominant'
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#16 Walking Paradox

Walking Paradox

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

The power forward and the finesse player. A.K.A Bertuzzi and Naslund

#17 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

Bertuzzi and Nazzy.

"Bertuzzi Nalsund SCORES!!"

Posted Image

#18 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,654 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Rome and Rome

Posted Image

#19 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Sedins. Hard to argue with the success they've had.

#20 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

YAY SEDINEERS

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#21 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

I love all those mentioned but I think people's age for the most part is showing, as I think alot on here weren't old enough or around to know how good Bure and Mogilny were.

If you are talking about "Prime" I can't really see how anyone could choose anything but Bure and Mogilny, my handle aside lol.

Pavel Bure lifted people from his seats every time he touched the puck and in his prime was arguably one of the most dangerous scorers of his time.

Mogilny was a constant threat, terrific speed and hands and scored 76 goals in this league, how many other guys have done that or better? 3 - Gretzky, Lemiuex and Hull - pretty terrific company to be in (and Selanne and Esposito tied).

Now granted we didn't have him that year (76g), but if you're talking Prime...well...hard to argue that...

Sedins have grown into stars but did not have the longevity of high scoring seasons, nor did Naz and Bert, very similar. Injuries are all that stopped Bure and Mogilny from being considered all time greats (like Yzerman/Sakic etc). Even with the injuries Bure clearly has with his induction into the Hall of Fame, I think Mogilny would have easily made it without injuries.

So all in, I'd say Bure and Mogilny.

Two more that should have been added for their greatness as Canucks

Sundstrom/Tanti
Gradin/Smyl

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 05 November 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#22 ZackAttack-9

ZackAttack-9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

#10 and #89

#23 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,489 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

It's gotta be the Sedins. Bert and Nazzy would've won this one cleanly in my mind before the Sedins came by. They're up there with the best duos of all-time no less with just the Canucks.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#24 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

1st second third line duo's that would be a great team. Be sick if NHL 13 could allow you to take any player from canucks history and pop em in the lineup
linden Vey Sig

#25 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Bertuzzi and Nazzy.

"Bertuzzi Nalsund SCORES!!"

Those were the days... I still remember the puck kick to his stick to score from Bertuzzi, awesome goal! Still I'd have to say the way the twins have exceeded expectations the two seasons before this last one were the leading factor in my vote. Bure was great, what about Linden/Bure??

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#26 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

Naslund and Bertuzzi for me. I realize that the Sedin twins have been more successful but I don't care. Naslund is my favorite player ever and Bert was his bro, so I'll always vote for them.

#27 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

Sedins without a doubt. The accomplishments they've made with our team far exceeds the other duos.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#28 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

I love all those mentioned but I think people's age for the most part is showing, as I think alot on here weren't old enough or around to know how good Bure and Mogilny were.

If you are talking about "Prime" I can't really see how anyone could choose anything but Bure and Mogilny, my handle aside lol.

Pavel Bure lifted people from his seats every time he touched the puck and in his prime was arguably one of the most dangerous scorers of his time.

Mogilny was a constant threat, terrific speed and hands and scored 76 goals in this league, how many other guys have done that or better? 3 - Gretzky, Lemiuex and Hull - pretty terrific company to be in (and Selanne and Esposito tied).

Now granted we didn't have him that year (76g), but if you're talking Prime...well...hard to argue that...

Sedins have grown into stars but did not have the longevity of high scoring seasons, nor did Naz and Bert, very similar. Injuries are all that stopped Bure and Mogilny from being considered all time greats (like Yzerman/Sakic etc). Even with the injuries Bure clearly has with his induction into the Hall of Fame, I think Mogilny would have easily made it without injuries.

So all in, I'd say Bure and Mogilny.

Two more that should have been added for their greatness as Canucks

Sundstrom/Tanti
Gradin/Smyl

If they were so good, where are their Art Rosses?
(Not saying that they weren't amazing players, all I'm saying is that the Sedins are really, really good, and ten years from now people will be saying the same things about them.)

#29 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

Based upon talent to score and make things happen.....Bure/Mogilny. That said, I wouldn't really want them both on the ice together. There is no one who can do what Bure did and at the speed at which he could dangle. Mogilny was a super talent who could pot goals with the best but was a bit of a enigma.
The Sedins if I was picking a pair that work the best together but if you basing your choice on goal scoring ability....Bure/Mogilny hands down.
If I was picking a pair based upon character and skill....the Sedins.

#30 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

If they were so good, where are their Art Rosses?
(Not saying that they weren't amazing players, all I'm saying is that the Sedins are really, really good, and ten years from now people will be saying the same things about them.)

If the Sedins were competeing for the Art Ross against players like Gretsky or Lemieux, they wouldn't have an Art Ross.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.