The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Choose Your Dynamic Duo

TheAce

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love all those mentioned but I think people's age for the most part is showing, as I think alot on here weren't old enough or around to know how good Bure and Mogilny were.

If you are talking about "Prime" I can't really see how anyone could choose anything but Bure and Mogilny, my handle aside lol.

Pavel Bure lifted people from his seats every time he touched the puck and in his prime was arguably one of the most dangerous scorers of his time.

Mogilny was a constant threat, terrific speed and hands and scored 76 goals in this league, how many other guys have done that or better? 3 - Gretzky, Lemiuex and Hull - pretty terrific company to be in (and Selanne and Esposito tied).

Now granted we didn't have him that year (76g), but if you're talking Prime...well...hard to argue that...

Sedins have grown into stars but did not have the longevity of high scoring seasons, nor did Naz and Bert, very similar. Injuries are all that stopped Bure and Mogilny from being considered all time greats (like Yzerman/Sakic etc). Even with the injuries Bure clearly has with his induction into the Hall of Fame, I think Mogilny would have easily made it without injuries.

So all in, I'd say Bure and Mogilny.

Two more that should have been added for their greatness as Canucks

Sundstrom/Tanti

Gradin/Smyl

I love all those mentioned but I think people's age for the most part is showing, as I think alot on here weren't old enough or around to know how good Bure and Mogilny were.

If you are talking about "Prime" I can't really see how anyone could choose anything but Bure and Mogilny, my handle aside lol.

Pavel Bure lifted people from his seats every time he touched the puck and in his prime was arguably one of the most dangerous scorers of his time.

Mogilny was a constant threat, terrific speed and hands and scored 76 goals in this league, how many other guys have done that or better? 3 - Gretzky, Lemiuex and Hull - pretty terrific company to be in (and Selanne and Esposito tied).

Now granted we didn't have him that year (76g), but if you're talking Prime...well...hard to argue that...

Sedins have grown into stars but did not have the longevity of high scoring seasons, nor did Naz and Bert, very similar. Injuries are all that stopped Bure and Mogilny from being considered all time greats (like Yzerman/Sakic etc). Even with the injuries Bure clearly has with his induction into the Hall of Fame, I think Mogilny would have easily made it without injuries.

Sundstrom/Tanti

Gradin/Smyl

Based upon talent to score and make things happen.....Bure/Mogilny. That said, I wouldn't really want them both on the ice together. There is no one who can do what Bure did and at the speed at which he could dangle. Mogilny was a super talent who could pot goals with the best but was a bit of a enigma.

The Sedins if I was picking a pair that work the best together but if you basing your choice on goal scoring ability....Bure/Mogilny hands down.

If I was picking a pair based upon character and skill....the Sedins.

Bure and Mogilny didn't really have much success together here. Mogilny's best season was when Bure played only 15 games. They were fantastic individual players no doubt but accomplished nothing as linemates.

Naslund and Bertuzzi had great chemistry and were exciting to watch but it was fairly short lived.

I'd have to go with the Sedins by a long-shot. Back to back Art Ross trophies in addition to many fantastic offensive years (and overall longevity as a duo).

Bure and Mogilny didn't really have much success together here. Mogilny's best season was when Bure played only 15 games. They were fantastic individual players no doubt but accomplished nothing as linemates.

Sundstrom/Tanti

Gradin/Smyl

Exactly...Yes, Henrik beat Bure's points record for the Canucks, but Bure got 110 points in the middle of the clutch-and-grab era...Henrik got 112 in the far more open game now. Bure in his prime could easily score 70 goals in today's NHL - that's almost as many as the entire Sedin line this season.

Naslund and Bertuzzi. I'd vote the Sedins but no line was more feared than the West Coast Express. Now? We see almost every team have dynamic duos. But back in the day, only the WCE was the most dominant and feared line in the NHL. Sure there were some duos then as well but nothing beats the WCE which started it all for the Vancouver Canucks.

Hamhuis/salo

Archived