Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Choose Your Dynamic Duo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Choose Your Dynamic Duo (125 member(s) have cast votes)

Which dynamic duo would you want

1. Sedins (71 votes [56.80%])

Percentage of vote: 56.80%

2. Naslund/Bertuzzi (20 votes [16.00%])

Percentage of vote: 16.00%

3. Bure/Mogilny (34 votes [27.20%])

Percentage of vote: 27.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Yes that is exactly what I am saying. Gretzky owns most of the records in the NHL and what he doesn't own, Lemieux does, so ya there would be no Art Ross for Bure/ Mogilny or the Sedins or anyone else.
I also don't think that the Sedin's would be as dominant if they played back when Gretzky and Lemieux played. The game was a lot rougher back then and intimidation and reprisal was a huge part of they game. The rules didn't allow for as much open ice as players enjoy in today's game.

Bure or Mogilny never finished second or third in the league for points. #jusstsayin'

#62 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:00 AM

Bure Mogilny without doubt. I just feel bad for people that never had a chance to see them play.

Nazzy and Bert were more offensively dynamic, but Sedins are more consistent season-to-season, more longevity, and better in the playoffs.

Man, Bertuzzi was the biggest floater ever. Sure he was a big guy who had skill but if there is a poster boy for unrealised potential it's Bertuzzi. The guy would hang out at center ice and wait for the play to come to him. Don't know how many times I yelled at the tv telling him to get his legs moving. He was a lazy, selfish player cherry picker. Sometimes he would flash to life and it was great but not often enough. Nazzy was good but far from all-star.

Sedins are good too but I think they are the brightest lights here right now and for that reason, many seem to think they are the brightest lights ever. When they are done, they will be remembered as great playmakers but soft hockey players with average career stats and zero playoff success. Just like Nazzy

Sorry to hurt your feelings, kids, but you all really need a history lesson.

#63 James van Riemsdyk

James van Riemsdyk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

Henrik Sedin and Daniel Sedin, twin magic.
Posted Image
Edmonton Oilers CHL AGM
Edmontion Oilers SRHL Commissioner/GM

#64 susraiders

susraiders

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

Sedins. They are so unique with their vision and hands that they are by far one of the top 3 duos in the league and the best duo that the Canucks have ever had.

#65 BurnabyJoe

BurnabyJoe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Naslund/Bertuzzi not getting enough love

the 2 together we're un-****ing-believable

Sedin like chemistry with more north/south speed
http://i8.photobucke...e/canucks40.jpg <- Jim Robson's 40th Anniversary Team.

#66 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

So... you would take one 90-100 point player over two 90-100 players?

Okay...

Sorry bud it's the other away around.

PPG/NHLcareer

Sedins 0.84
Bure 1.11

Bure's avg is even higher if you only count his production with the canucks

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.