The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Choose Your Dynamic Duo

TheAce

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I love all those mentioned but I think people's age for the most part is showing, as I think alot on here weren't old enough or around to know how good Bure and Mogilny were.

If you are talking about "Prime" I can't really see how anyone could choose anything but Bure and Mogilny, my handle aside lol.

Pavel Bure lifted people from his seats every time he touched the puck and in his prime was arguably one of the most dangerous scorers of his time.

Mogilny was a constant threat, terrific speed and hands and scored 76 goals in this league, how many other guys have done that or better? 3 - Gretzky, Lemiuex and Hull - pretty terrific company to be in (and Selanne and Esposito tied).

Now granted we didn't have him that year (76g), but if you're talking Prime...well...hard to argue that...

Sedins have grown into stars but did not have the longevity of high scoring seasons, nor did Naz and Bert, very similar. Injuries are all that stopped Bure and Mogilny from being considered all time greats (like Yzerman/Sakic etc). Even with the injuries Bure clearly has with his induction into the Hall of Fame, I think Mogilny would have easily made it without injuries.

So all in, I'd say Bure and Mogilny.

Two more that should have been added for their greatness as Canucks

Sundstrom/Tanti

Gradin/Smyl

I would take one of the best players to play the game over two super stars, yes. When I think of the Sedins and of the WCE, they had great success but always had epic clashes against the other forces in the league. In his prime, Bure simply outplayed everyone. I'd rather have that dynamic than a duo that can battle with elite talent and eek out a victory.

Archived