Jamie McGinn

2013 first

JS Giguere

To COL

Luongo

2013 first

Why I like this-

Obviously a high first round pick

Love McGinn- he is the growl we miss and after a 20 goal season my be showing great upside. He is 24. He makes us bigger, younger, tougher.

Could play 3rd/4th line with occasional 2nd line minutes.

Jiggy- the goaltender has seen it all, SCF, a cup, veteran goalie that can give Cory perspective.

Why it doesn't work

Does Colorado want Luongo and varlemov?

That's like 8 mill in goalies, would they then trade varlemov???

Budget team that's rebuilding, will likely want to keep their first round pick.

Flame on

There is literally no gain for Colorado. In trading McGinn they leave a hole on the wing, give up a high first rounder and get a goalie they don't need at all. They got Pickard in Lake Erie whos gonna be NHL ready soon so taking on another goalie, especially one with an enormous contract, makes no sense for colorado.

Varlamov - Giguere has worked decently for the Avs in net (J.S. was 15-11-3 last season, which is pretty solid for a backup making $1.25M); Varly was also traded there for a first-round pick to be the starter there, so adding Lu's salary at the cost of ANOTHER 1st round pick makes no sense.

Vancouver doesn't need McGinn either, there are enough 2nd/3rd line tween wingers here already. Lu should be dealt for someone with more offensive ability.

VAN:

- We don't need another 2nd/3rd liner (even though I do like McGinn)

- Not a big fan of giving up the first in this deal, since there 1st won't be a high first if they got Luongo, they would prob make the playoffs with a Lu/Varly tandem.

COL:

- Colorado has bigger needs, they already paid a big price for Varlamov and they will stick with him.

Archived