The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Congratulations Obama

Harbinger

When Obama took over during the biggest recession in 80 years the unemployment rate was 7.8%. It would peak out at 10%. Today it sits at 7.9% the lowest of his presidency. Comparing it to Canada's is silly as the economies are vastly different.

How are they going to default when the debt is denominated in US dollars and they control the printing press?

You simply can't unseat a sitting president by running a weak candidate.

1984 Reagan stomped Walter Mondale. Country was booming out of a deep recession and Mondale had zip.

1996 Bubba stomped Bob Dole. Bubba too had the economy booming. So Dole was SOL.

2004 Bush stomped John Kerry. As big of a screw up as Bush was, Kerry had about as much charisma as my alcoholic woodworking teacher in grade 9.

The Republicans need to select their candidate for 2016 now. I suggest they tell all the crazies in their party not to bother. That goes for Rick Santorum, Herman Cain, Rick Perry, Michelle Bachmann. Sarah Palin. Not to mention all the idiots that think becoming impregnated as a result of rape is a gift from God.

Contact Chris Christie tomorrow and find out if he's in. If he is, you back him and let him campaign for 4 years. Then maybe you have a chance depending on how the next 4 years go.

But we all know they won't. They'll cart out the usual three ring circus complete with nut cases and pick the one they think will appeal to aging white men. Even though the demographics have changed so much that appealing to that demographic alone is no longer enough. They'll still be be bitching about gay marriage and other crap that no one cares about. They need a complete over haul but I doubt they're up for it.

Archived