Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

To VAN: Sharp+Montador

To CHI: Luongo+Booth

Why Vancouver does this:

We get an all-star forward capable of consistently putting up 70+ points and who plays a great two-way game. We take on Montador, who stuggled last year, but is still a solid bottom-pairing guy. His 2.750m cap hit is more or less a cap dump from Chicago's side of things.

Why Chicago does this:

They get a great goalie, who is much better than either Crawford or Emery. They also get Booth, who should be able to achieve 50 points as a replacement for Sharp. If Booth plays with Toews and Kane on the top line (where his style of play would be a deadly compliment) look for him to get upwards of 60 points.

Overall:

I think this trade is pretty even, seeing as Chicago gets a great goalie, as well as a top-6 forward in return for a consistent top-6/3 forward and a cap dump.
We are most likely going to lose Luongo anyways, and if it makes our team better, why not move him to Chicago, where he has a good chance at a cup? Booth is a really good player who I like and would hate to see go, but some fans disapprove of him(after little more than half of a season >.<), both on and off of the ice.
I think Sharp would be really hard to lose from a Blackhawks perspective, as he is a great two-way player (think Canadian Kesler). He could be replaced with Hossa. Montador is a player they would be happy to get rid of at the moment with the emergence of Leddy (think Ballard to a lesser extent).

Vancouver Estimated Lines:

D. Sedin-H. Sedin-Burrows
Sharp-Kesler-Higgins
Raymond-Lapierre-Hansen
Kassian-Malhotra-Weise
(Volpatti, Pinizotto)

Bieksa-Hamhuis
Edler-Garrison
Ballard-Tanev
(Montador-KCon)

Schneider
Lack

Chicago Estimated Lines:

Booth-Toews-Kane
Stalberg-Bolland-Hossa
Bickel-Kruger-Hayes
Shaw-Morrison-Brunnette
(Morin, Saad, Beach)

Keith-Seabrook
Hjalmarsson-Leddy
Oduya-Brookbank
(Lepitso)

Luongo
Crawford

So my question is: What do Vancouver fans think of this trade and how realistic does it look to you?

Edited by Hamhuis2, 07 November 2012 - 03:41 PM.

Chicago Blackhawks NHL 14 OCDC League 2013/2014

J. Schultz(81)-Toews(92)-Pacioretty(88)....Keith(90)-Phaneuf(87)................Crawford(86)
Burns(87)-Kadri(85)-Yakupov(83)..............Hjalmarson(85)-N. Schultz(84)....Khabby(76)
Clarkson(83)-Zibanejad(80)-Ennis(82).......Koska(78)-Murray(83)
Kobasew(78)-Hanszus(79)-Morin(76)

#2 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

Although I am against Lu to Chicago deals, I actually might do it, although I would rather not trade Booth, but if we have too then I might.

It's not terrible from Chicago's end either since Booth is a solid 2nd liner.

It's actually a pretty deal, but I something tells me both teams might get a bit gunshy, with what they are giving up.

zackass.png

#3 shawn antoski

shawn antoski

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

Lu alone is worth more then Sharp
and what True canuck fan would want to see Luongo in a blackhawks jersey :picard:

#4 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,386 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Lu alone is worth more then Sharp
and what True canuck fan would want to see Luongo in a blackhawks jersey :picard:

lol. Sharp is a first line forward. I'd be very happy with this deal. Maybe replace Booth with Raymond and a prospect.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#5 Hamhuis2

Hamhuis2

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

I am a hugggggge Luongo fan, don't get me wrong. But Patrick Sharp is a first liner on any team, like I said before, a Canadian version of Kesler (without the major injury which brought Kes's totals down).

You have to think that at this moment if you believe that Schneider gives you just as good of a chance to win as Luongo does, do you not improve your team by upgrading Booth( a 2nd liner) to Sharp (a first liner)?

Also, point taken SSM. I also love Booth, but I believe to make things work out cap wise, he would have to be on the way out, not Raymond (unfortunately).

Edited by Hamhuis2, 07 November 2012 - 08:45 PM.

Chicago Blackhawks NHL 14 OCDC League 2013/2014

J. Schultz(81)-Toews(92)-Pacioretty(88)....Keith(90)-Phaneuf(87)................Crawford(86)
Burns(87)-Kadri(85)-Yakupov(83)..............Hjalmarson(85)-N. Schultz(84)....Khabby(76)
Clarkson(83)-Zibanejad(80)-Ennis(82).......Koska(78)-Murray(83)
Kobasew(78)-Hanszus(79)-Morin(76)

#6 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

I hope this deal can become reality!

Sharp's very much another option that can work really well on the 2nd line; I think he would GREATLY complement the more physical Kes and Higgins on the 2nd line, since he's less (not that he's not) physically involved but his line-mates can create the space for him to work, and he can also help them out by dishing the puck or sniping it himself. This team could use another consistent, quality pure scorer outside of Daniel (sorry Kes and Burr don't count).

I also wanted Montador to sign here, and he's a strong, right-handed D who definitely slot up to the Top 4 if something happens to one of those players.

If Booth doesn't click with Kes and Lu gets benched and Chicago offered this to resolve their goalie issues I would take this in an instant and run

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#7 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

1st proposal in a long time i agree with as i love Sharp but i dont think Chicago would deal him without a pick coming back as well.

#8 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,013 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Love Sharp, but I have doubts of Gillis wanting to send Luongo to Chicago. They are an elite goaltender away from being a helluva contender.

I don't really see the need for Montador either.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.