The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

R.I.P Captain Morh

aeromotacanucks

I´m posting it to honor a great Captain and a Great Friend...

probably many of you will not care, if you care tank you. :)

Today I lost a friend and a great Aviator, a Plane Piloted by this great Pilot crashed 12NM (24KM) from the Runway of Bacacheri Airport in Curitiba/Brazil, a Piper Cheyenne 3. well popular airplane in Brazil. especially to transport money by air...

We still don´t know what caused the Accident but I´m sure that CENIPA (part of Brazilian Air Force) will investigate it fast soo things like this will never occur again...

one of the most competent and great Aviator of the South of Brazil Morh teached me how fly in the Brazilian Jungle with inteligence and with real skills, how land in the middle of nowhere with a 2tons airplane and use only 500meters of runway, disembark the passengers/cargo and take-off again for more 4 hours of flight on the challenging skies of the Brazilian rainforest...

also teached me how fly a jet, thanks to him I did my first flight on a Gulfstream 1 on a flight from SBCT to SBEG in a 8 hours flight non stop. SBEG is the ICAO Code of Manaus International Airport Eduardo Gomes, in the middle of the jungle. where I was born. was a great flight, challenging HUGE thunderstoms, ice conditions and many other things...

a great fan of Formula-1 and NHL, althought he dind´t know too much about the teams but he watched if possible. one of his dreams was to receive an NHL jersew, I gave him one from Vancouver Canucks last year, he was very, very happy. even doing flights with the Jersey :)

he flew on TAM Airlines, flew Fokkers 27, 50 and 100. them Airbus A320 and A330 but he really liked the Executive Aviation...

I´m sure that the heaven is now enjoying the capacity of one of the greatest Brazilian Pilots ever made. many of us here are good. but Morh was excelent!

when you find Santos Dumont tell him that we need more runways on our airports and that the CTB VOR/DME isn´t working properly :)

also a great salute to Captain Cabelo, killed during an acrobatic flight in Curitiba, DECEA is also investigating the accident...

Cabelo was a very great acrobatic Pilot, Winner of many championchips around South America and onwed 2 acrobatic Planes, a Decatlon and a Boeing Sterman...

it´s a sad day for many of us, Brazilian Aviators. but we still move ahead and build our future. even when the death face us, even when the problems put us down, even when the government says "NO" to more investiments on our Aviation, even when everyone says "you can´t do it"...

We say "We never give up. Shup up and let us fly!"

from your friend how will miss you very very very much.

Rodrigo Nogueira Mota ("ZARA" in Aviation)

VAI COM DEUS COMANDANTE!

(GOD SPEED YOU CAPTAIN!)

High Flight

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth

And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth

Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things

You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung

High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there

I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung

My eager craft through footless halls of air.

Up, up the long delirious, burning blue,

I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace

Where never lark, or even eagle flew -

And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod

The high untresspassed sanctity of space,

Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

Pilot Officer Gillespie Magee

No 412 squadron, RCAF

Killed 11 December 1941

Thank you guys :)

sure he was a great Captain. actualy he looks like Doctor Egman (Sonic Games) even the voice sounds like. but he was a very nice person. for him, every plane was possible to fly if you study them first.

of course we gonna be ok. but it´s kind sad that the great Captains of our Country are going. Captains flying airplanes with honor, with or without computers. Captains teaching on the old and nice way (Shup up and fly!) Captains that flies a Piper Seneca soo perfect that you on your Airbus A320 fell miserable with these computers.

today the new generation is becoming too addicted on flying computers. if you remove the GPS they don´t know how use the conventional navigation! even on my 27 years I know use all the ways, computers or not. how recognize the rivers, lakes, mountains, use the IFR systems (VOR, NDB, ILS, DME), GPS or FMC. sure as a Bush Pilot I learned a lot...

but for this generation is the GPS or nothing...

Morh was a "Monster" (Brazilian expression to "awesome very good!") an he will be watching us and saying:

"These jerks never learn how do a good landing. dammit! use the correct flaps settings!"

Archived