7 replies to this topic

#1 Red-Haired_Shanks

Red-Haired_Shanks

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

i have a few trades that i have been wondering about if they are fair or not. i am on the fence about all of them i think the values are quite fair but second opinions are good.

**all trades are bearing there is still a season and the 2013 season can be salvaged up to 66 games

Trade #1: Van-Det
*if Edler is asking for more than what we can offer him. Gillis offers d-men 4.6mill at most but Edler can get 6mill in Free Agency so if he wants 6mill we should trade him.

Vancouver trades D Alex Edler, conditional 2013 1st round draft pick(if Edler re-signes with Det its a 3rd if not it turns into a 1st)
to Detroit for RW Tomas Jurco, C Darren Helm, 2013 2nd round draft pick

Detroit needs a good offensive defenseman that can replace Lidstrom. obviously Edler is no Lidstrom but he can fill that hole and make up for some of the loss of him retiring, the conditional 1st rounder gives them insurance if Edler doesn't resign with them.

we do this deal because
1. Jurco is a highly skilled forward who is projected to be a goal scoring top 6 winger. hes like a better version of Rodin.
2. Helm is a good young centerman that can be our new 3rd line center and he can also play the wings if needed.
3. the 2013 draft class is supposedly a very deep one so an additional 2nd rounder is always good, and if we loose our 1st rounder because Edler doesn't re-sign with them we have 2 2nd rounders.

Trade #2: Van-Tor

Vancouver trades G Roberto Luongo, D Andrew Alberts and a 2013 3rd round draft pick(FLA)
to Toronto for D Cody Franson(RFA),D Mike Komisarek, RW Carter Ashton, and a conditional 2014 1st round draft pick(if the leafs make the playoffs its a 2014 1st if not its a 2013 2nd)

Toronto needs an elite tender and to make the playoffs. if Burke doesnt make the playoffs hes fired and he wont just let that happen like so many leaf fans think. hes a business man first and a fan second. not getting Luongo and failing the season might be the best option but Burke wont do that because he would have to sacrifice his job. therefore they give up a good prospects, a good big young d-man, a big d-man who is essentially a cap dump and a conditional 1st rounder. Alberts can replace the loss of Franson until they find someone else and Luongo carries them to the playoffs. and i guarantee Luongo gets them to the playoffs. this works out cap wise too.

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Mason Raymond ($2.275m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Chris Higgins ($1.900m)
Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)
DEFENSEMEN
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)
Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Keith Ballard ($4.200m)
Chris Tanev ($0.900m) / Cody Franson ($1.500m)
Mike Komisarek ($4.500m) /
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,235,000; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,965,000

Sign D Cody Franson 2 years 3mill @ 1.5mill per
Roster notes
-I think Kassian deserves a shot at the top 6. he has been the Wolves best forward and i think with the confidence he has built it would be detrimental to put him back on the 4th line.
-if Kassian doesnt work on the 2nd line, Higgins, Raymond or Hansen could replace him. we have a lot of depth on forward.
-Ballard has been a disappointment since coming here but playing him in a top 4 role could get him back to how he was pre-vancouver days. if not Franson is capable of playing top 4 offensive defense man role
-Our Defense has taken a step back with the loss of Edler but not by much. and defense was never our problem in the playoffs it was health and lack of scoring.
-our defense gets a lot bigger and intimidating with the additions of Komisarek and Franson
-if Komisarek can get back to his pre-Toronto days than we are good to go. he is also a good leader and teammate plus his contract expires after this season and if its a shortened season its even more bearable
-we free up quite a bit of cap space and that leaves us with the ability to resign guys like Higgins, Lapierre, the Sedins and more.

Thoughts?
NHL! WHY YOU LOCKOUT!

#2 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

-Our Defense has taken a step back with the loss of Edler but not by much. and defense was never our problem in the playoffs it was health and lack of scoring.

Did you watch the playoffs? Defense, and especially Edler, was a huge problem for us!

#3 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

I also think that you're overpaying Detroit, to me Edler is a top ten defenseman in the league, he's worth much more than that!

#4 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,749 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

I don't know...Jurco? That guy just seems like another Linus Omark-type. Awesome in the shootout, but innefective once an NHL defenseman is on him.

If we're going to trade Edler for a package based around a young forward, the trading partner that makes the most sense is Philly.
Posted Image

#5 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Komisarek is cap is 4.5m and your putting him on the bench???
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#6 Red-Haired_Shanks

Red-Haired_Shanks

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Komisarek is cap is 4.5m and your putting him on the bench???

im putting him in the press box actually but
ya because hes not better than our current defense. its the same thing as AV putting ballard in the press box too. if we need gritt for a few games he can fill in and incase of injuries
NHL! WHY YOU LOCKOUT!

#7 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

Trade #1: Van-Det
*if Edler is asking for more than what we can offer him. Gillis offers d-men 4.6mill at most but Edler can get 6mill in Free Agency so if he wants 6mill we should trade him.

Vancouver trades D Alex Edler, conditional 2013 1st round draft pick(if Edler re-signes with Det its a 3rd if not it turns into a 1st)
to Detroit for RW Tomas Jurco, C Darren Helm, 2013 2nd round draft pick

we do this deal because
1. Jurco is a highly skilled forward who is projected to be a goal scoring top 6 winger. hes like a better version of Rodin.
2. Helm is a good young centerman that can be our new 3rd line center and he can also play the wings if needed.
3. the 2013 draft class is supposedly a very deep one so an additional 2nd rounder is always good, and if we loose our 1st rounder because Edler doesn't re-sign with them we have 2 2nd rounders.

Trade #2: Van-Tor

Vancouver trades G Roberto Luongo, D Andrew Alberts and a 2013 3rd round draft pick(FLA)
to Toronto for D Cody Franson(RFA),D Mike Komisarek, RW Carter Ashton, and a conditional 2014 1st round draft pick(if the leafs make the playoffs its a 2014 1st if not its a 2013 2nd)

1.) I don't see enough coming to Vancouver in the Detroit trade, and I wouldn't trade Edler and a 1st for that package. Also, wouldn't the optional picks have to be for 2014? Free agency hits the week *after* the draft, so all would be okay if Edler signed prior to that point. What if he chose to sign after the draft?

2.) The 3rd would be Vancouver's pick not Florida's, no? I believe it's the one Gillis re-acquired in the Booth trade.

I don't see there being enough coming back in this trade. Franson might sign here and I think it would be great if he did), or he may see the situation being similar to that in Toronto and want to move on. I see him as nothing more than a throw-in on this deal, perhaps equivalent to a 2nd round pick if someone tried to sign him as a RFA.

Komisarek would be a cap dump, but if he were included in this deal I'd want to move Ballard out to Toronto rather than Alberts, not because of salary but because both he and Komisarek are left side d-men, no? This way Toronto would get a bit more defence back (Ballard > Alberts), and they are hurting for d-men there (no, really. They are). THis may mean the Canucks would have to take back an additional bit of cap hit.

I'd be good with getting Ashton. I suspect Burke may try to pass off Biggs rather than Ashton. I see it as being more of an age thing than anything else. Biggs will likely not be NHL ready for at least two more years than Ashton which means the Leafs get a young player to help them sooner, and the Canucks get a young player much later. However, both would be nice to have.

Van: Luongo, Ballard, 3rd (Van)

Tor: Ashton/Biggs, Komisarek, 1st (2014), RFA rights to Franson, Kulemin/MacArthur/Bozak (as additional cap for Ballard in the deal)

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#8 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

We give up too much in the DET trade. Jurco might be a decent top-6 player, but not for a few years, and hes far from a sure thing. I love Helm, but he's just a 3rd liner. I wouldn't trade Edler alone for those 2.
I could deal with the Toronto trade, but only if we could find a way to trade either Komisarek or Ballard before the start of the 2013 season, which is unlikely.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.