The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Port Mann Bridge westbound traffic in early morning

sakage.shinga

Hi guys,

I have to make the 7:20am ferry in West Van tomorrow and I plan to be there at least 30 minutes early. I live in Abby and it usually takes me a full hour to drive to West Van when there's no traffic. However, I realize that in the a.m., there will be congestion near the Port Mann, and I'm wondering how early I have to leave in order to either miss the traffic jam or to get to the ferry terminal on time.

Is an extra 30 minutes enough? Or will there be little or no traffic if I get to the bridge by like 5:30?

Thanks!!!

If your plan is to take the Freeway all the way to Horseshoe Bay during rush hour, you'll hit congestion in a few other places. The Willingdon exit and the north side of the Second Narrows are always slow.

Give yourself lots of time.

I go Eastbound over the Port Mann every morning and I thank god Im not one of those poor bastards backed up to 200th heading West. At 5:30 itll be wide open with little traffic. 6am traffic thickens but doesnt really slow at all. By 6:30 its starting to slow and it get worse from there.

Thanks. Is the Horshoe Bay terminal just like the one in Tsawwassen in that once you get to the terminal you have to lineup and wait, or is it possible to park in Horseshoe Bay, go for a coffee, and then enter the terminal a little closer to 6:45 to make the 7:20am sailing?

Hi guys,

I have to make the 7:20am ferry in West Van tomorrow and I plan to be there at least 30 minutes early. I live in Abby and it usually takes me a full hour to drive to West Van when there's no traffic. However, I realize that in the a.m., there will be congestion near the Port Mann, and I'm wondering how early I have to leave in order to either miss the traffic jam or to get to the ferry terminal on time.

Is an extra 30 minutes enough? Or will there be little or no traffic if I get to the bridge by like 5:30?

Thanks!!!

Archived