Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Port Mann Bridge westbound traffic in early morning

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 sakage.shinga

sakage.shinga

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Hi guys,

I have to make the 7:20am ferry in West Van tomorrow and I plan to be there at least 30 minutes early. I live in Abby and it usually takes me a full hour to drive to West Van when there's no traffic. However, I realize that in the a.m., there will be congestion near the Port Mann, and I'm wondering how early I have to leave in order to either miss the traffic jam or to get to the ferry terminal on time.

Is an extra 30 minutes enough? Or will there be little or no traffic if I get to the bridge by like 5:30?

Thanks!!!
Posted Image

#2 AriGold

AriGold

Hairy Old

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Backups start around 6am at the 152nd on ramp.

That's the most info I will give you but horseshoe bay is a really nice area, get there early and grab a coffee.

Bandeau5.jpg

#3 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,883 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Lineups start around 6...give or take 15 minutes.

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL  medium.png - CDCFL

#4 sakage.shinga

sakage.shinga

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

Thanks. Is the Horshoe Bay terminal just like the one in Tsawwassen in that once you get to the terminal you have to lineup and wait, or is it possible to park in Horseshoe Bay, go for a coffee, and then enter the terminal a little closer to 6:45 to make the 7:20am sailing?
Posted Image

#5 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

If your plan is to take the Freeway all the way to Horseshoe Bay during rush hour, you'll hit congestion in a few other places. The Willingdon exit and the north side of the Second Narrows are always slow.

Give yourself lots of time.

#6 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,087 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

I go Eastbound over the Port Mann every morning and I thank god Im not one of those poor bastards backed up to 200th heading West. At 5:30 itll be wide open with little traffic. 6am traffic thickens but doesnt really slow at all. By 6:30 its starting to slow and it get worse from there.

Thanks. Is the Horshoe Bay terminal just like the one in Tsawwassen in that once you get to the terminal you have to lineup and wait, or is it possible to park in Horseshoe Bay, go for a coffee, and then enter the terminal a little closer to 6:45 to make the 7:20am sailing?

They have coffee at the terminal. Its not your Starbucks verte latte with sprinkles but its coffee. Why not get in line before getting all casual.

Posted Image

#7 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

Hi guys,

I have to make the 7:20am ferry in West Van tomorrow and I plan to be there at least 30 minutes early. I live in Abby and it usually takes me a full hour to drive to West Van when there's no traffic. However, I realize that in the a.m., there will be congestion near the Port Mann, and I'm wondering how early I have to leave in order to either miss the traffic jam or to get to the ferry terminal on time.

Is an extra 30 minutes enough? Or will there be little or no traffic if I get to the bridge by like 5:30?

Thanks!!!

Based on my experience in August, where I left an hour early and still missed the ferry solely because of Port Mann traffic, I'm going to go with no.

#8 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,478 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

Be out the door by five.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.