The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks MIGHT retire Pavel Bure's #10

hockeyville88

Reading Gino's commentary on Bure really choked me up. That's a real friend and brother.

Yeah that's what teammates are all about eh!

I don't actually remember Bure's skill in specifics. I wouldn't be able to analyze his skill the way I can with the Sedins, mainly because I was like 5 years old when Bure played here lol. But I do remember being completely amazed at his speed. When I went for my first ever skating lesson I expected to fly like Bure and when I fell flat on my rear I was devastated :lol:

His contributions to the community don't match those of Smyl, Linden, and Naslund, but sometimes people do deserve recognition based on skill alone so this is great.

Very much agree with Odjik's comment about Bure being his best as a Canuck. He was f'd over by mgmt and came with his a+ game every night, was an incredible competitor and clearly a leader by his fitness. He should have retired a Canuck and been treated better here.

So, kudo's to Mr. Acquilini yet again. All class, I have met him in person and conversed with him for a good period about the team, hockey, the city, and he's such a fan of all of them, clearly why he understands the importance of Bure and his bright decision to do what's right.

I hope the fans roar like they did when he played for us, he brought us to the edge of our seats every time he touched the puck, scored some amazing goals, and was such a big big part of the fabric of being a Canuck. Fans, if you are at that game, give him the ovation he deserves, for everything he brought to us, all the excitement, the smiles, the cheers.

Well done Mr. Acquilini, and well deserved #10.

Yeah that's what teammates are all about eh!

I don't actually remember Bure's skill in specifics. I wouldn't be able to analyze his skill the way I can with the Sedins, mainly because I was like 5 years old when Bure played here lol. But I do remember being completely amazed at his speed. When I went for my first ever skating lesson I expected to fly like Bure and when I fell flat on my rear I was devastated :lol:

His contributions to the community don't match those of Smyl, Linden, and Naslund, but sometimes people do deserve recognition based on skill alone so this is great.

Archived