The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks MIGHT retire Pavel Bure's #10

hockeyville88

If the sedins, combined, had half the heart contained in Bure's left pinky toe, we would have a cup.

Bure should have been in the rafters before Naslund, Naslund should not be up there at all.

I don't care what type of a guy you are off the ice, this is HOCKEY goddammit. Nice guys get punched in the face like bitches. Nice doesn't win championships. Those twins and Nazzy are real "nice" guys. Bure was a monster, google that crap and get a lesson.

Goddamnit, why wasn't it mentioned in the thread title or OP that JASON BOTCHFORD wrote the original Bure jersey retirement article?!?

The credibility takes a freakin' huge dive now. From 'Ya-Hoooo!' to 'Nothing to see here, folks.'

I'm fairly disappointed that we've been once again trolled by this guy. But i guess it was good while it lasted. Hey, maybe Bure will come over and rent Gaborik's Vancouver house.

Goddamnit, why wasn't it mentioned in the thread title or OP that JASON BOTCHFORD wrote the original Bure jersey retirement article?!?

The credibility takes a freakin' huge dive now. From 'Ya-Hoooo!' to 'Nothing to see here, folks.'

I'm fairly disappointed that we've been once again trolled by this guy. But i guess it was good while it lasted. Hey, maybe Bure will come over and rent Gaborik's Vancouver house.

Bure was the best player we ever had and deserved his jersey retired long time ago.

In fact, I would say his jersey retiring is more important than any of the others that are up there right now.

There is a reason why we have only one former Canuck in the HHOF.

This isnt about being a nice guy, bad guy or community giver. It's about being the greatest player.

No one here shoud comment on his personal life based on stupid rumors and innuendo.

As for being paid top dollar, this franchise owed him that (some monkey fan commented on this as well)

I don't even know where to start, but how about this.

DYNAMICITY =/= HEART

Just because a player is electrifying, dynamic, hits hard and bleeds on the ice while still playing DOES NOT MEAN he has "more heart" than players who are more quiet on the ice. This is the single stupidest thing CDC fans keep repeating and it's sickening.

Just because Linden played Game 7 with 1 leg does not mean he was a harder working, more honourable player than Naslund who was much more reserved on the ice.

As fans, we cannot determine how much a player cares or how hard he is trying depending on what we see. These are two completely different players, Markus was far more internalised whereas guys like Linden had their emotions out for everyone to see. You cannot say that one played with "more heart" or tried harder just because he LOOKED like he was hurting more. That is rediculous.

And as for the Sedins, I'd say they have tried and played harder than any Canuck ever. You look at their style - similar to Naslund's quiet, reserved type and they still took a beating much harder than Linden did in the Finals. I have not seen any player been punished the way these guys have over their entire career, ever since they broke into the league the twins have been the target of every team. From cheap shots to concussions to whacks to the back. And still, the Sedins persevered through almost a decade of this crap whereas Linden and Bure put up with it for a season or two. What's even more impressive is that despite more physical punishment than any player in a Canuck sweater has ever had over the course of their career, Henrik hasn't missed an NHL game in years and is still putting up godly, franchise-leading numbers.

To me, that is the true sign of toughness and "heart". I don't know many other NHL players who could take that much abuse and still produce at the way the Sedins do. They're out there trying harder than anyone else I can remember.

He totally deserves it. After being officially inducted into the hockey hall of fame, that all is enough to get his jersey retired.

Bure has accomplished something Naslund, Linden, and Smyl will never accomplish, and that's being in the HHOF. Bure sure as hell better get his jersey retired in Vanocuver. He is our first and only HHOF representative. That is history making.

Not saying Linden, Naslund. Smyl don't belong there, they definately belong there.

Bure..Bure..Bure..the most exciting hockey player in Canucks history. Day in day out, he gave it his all..floating was never in his regime...and he worked his a$$ off to try to bring home the Cup to Vancity. We were the underdogs and we missed it just by a sliver largely because of his scoring prowess. He made Canucks legitimate and something to cheer for and be proud of. It was the closest we ever got to the holy grail. This city was Canucks crazy and covered in Canucks paraphernalia wherever you looked during that Cup run. Canucks flags on apartment windows, cars, businesses...we were a proud city because this new kid came into the scene and took the team to another level and brought excitement to the game. Because of him, I became a Canucks/hockey fan. In all honesty, before him, I thought hockey was quite boring and uninteresting actually.

Archived