498 replies to this topic

#121 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,300 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

Perhaps this story came up just because we (they) need something Canucks-related to talk about. Have we been trolled?
Posted Image

#122 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

If the sedins, combined, had half the heart contained in Bure's left pinky toe, we would have a cup.

Bure should have been in the rafters before Naslund, Naslund should not be up there at all.

I don't care what type of a guy you are off the ice, this is HOCKEY goddammit. Nice guys get punched in the face like bitches. Nice doesn't win championships. Those twins and Nazzy are real "nice" guys. Bure was a monster, google that crap and get a lesson.

damn straight.
it sickens me to see that captain choke's jersey is up there and to know that it will one day be joined by the jerseys of the two butterflies (credit to youu for that descriptor).
Posted Image

#123 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,300 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Goddamnit, why wasn't it mentioned in the thread title or OP that JASON BOTCHFORD wrote the original Bure jersey retirement article?!?

The credibility takes a freakin' huge dive now. From 'Ya-Hoooo!' to 'Nothing to see here, folks.'

I'm fairly disappointed that we've been once again trolled by this guy. But i guess it was good while it lasted. Hey, maybe Bure will come over and rent Gaborik's Vancouver house.
Posted Image

#124 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,526 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Goddamnit, why wasn't it mentioned in the thread title or OP that JASON BOTCHFORD wrote the original Bure jersey retirement article?!?

The credibility takes a freakin' huge dive now. From 'Ya-Hoooo!' to 'Nothing to see here, folks.'

I'm fairly disappointed that we've been once again trolled by this guy. But i guess it was good while it lasted. Hey, maybe Bure will come over and rent Gaborik's Vancouver house.

Maybe, maybe not.

Iain MacIntyre went to the Canucks with Botchford's story. What was Aquilini supposed to do? Confirm the story? It would be a total buzz kill if he did.

I think we will see an announcement at the Hockey Hall of Fame ceremony.

Posted Image

#125 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

Bure was the best player we ever had and deserved his jersey retired long time ago.

In fact, I would say his jersey retiring is more important than any of the others that are up there right now.

There is a reason why we have only one former Canuck in the HHOF.

This isnt about being a nice guy, bad guy or community giver. It's about being the greatest player.

No one here shoud comment on his personal life based on stupid rumors and innuendo.

As for being paid top dollar, this franchise owed him that (some monkey fan commented on this as well)

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#126 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,239 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

POPULAR

damn straight.
it sickens me to see that captain choke's jersey is up there and to know that it will one day be joined by the jerseys of the two butterflies (credit to youu for that descriptor).

I don't even know where to start, but how about this.

DYNAMICITY =/= HEART

Just because a player is electrifying, dynamic, hits hard and bleeds on the ice while still playing DOES NOT MEAN he has "more heart" than players who are more quiet on the ice. This is the single stupidest thing CDC fans keep repeating and it's sickening.

Just because Linden played Game 7 with 1 leg does not mean he was a harder working, more honourable player than Naslund who was much more reserved on the ice.

As fans, we cannot determine how much a player cares or how hard he is trying depending on what we see. These are two completely different players, Markus was far more internalised whereas guys like Linden had their emotions out for everyone to see. You cannot say that one played with "more heart" or tried harder just because he LOOKED like he was hurting more. That is rediculous.

And as for the Sedins, I'd say they have tried and played harder than any Canuck ever. You look at their style - similar to Naslund's quiet, reserved type and they still took a beating much harder than Linden did in the Finals. I have not seen any player been punished the way these guys have over their entire career, ever since they broke into the league the twins have been the target of every team. From cheap shots to concussions to whacks to the back. And still, the Sedins persevered through almost a decade of this crap whereas Linden and Bure put up with it for a season or two. What's even more impressive is that despite more physical punishment than any player in a Canuck sweater has ever had over the course of their career, Henrik hasn't missed an NHL game in years and is still putting up godly, franchise-leading numbers.

To me, that is the true sign of toughness and "heart". I don't know many other NHL players who could take that much abuse and still produce at the way the Sedins do. They're out there trying harder than anyone else I can remember.
Posted Image

#127 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,300 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Maybe, maybe not.

Iain MacIntyre went to the Canucks with Botchford's story. What was Aquilini supposed to do? Confirm the story? It would be a total buzz kill if he did.

I think we will see an announcement at the Hockey Hall of Fame ceremony.

I would concur that Iain is a big part of the problem with the anti-Bure media in this town. What we've been fed about Bure over the years, whether or not it's true, isn't it about damn time we let it go?

When we retire Pavel's jersey, the rest of the league will be like, 'It's about time. What took so long?'

Any reason to hang onto an old, misplaced grudge isn't good enough to counter the stark reality that not retiring his jersey after his HOF nod would look extremely douchey.
Posted Image

#128 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,653 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

I don't even know where to start, but how about this.

DYNAMICITY =/= HEART

Just because a player is electrifying, dynamic, hits hard and bleeds on the ice while still playing DOES NOT MEAN he has "more heart" than players who are more quiet on the ice. This is the single stupidest thing CDC fans keep repeating and it's sickening.

Just because Linden played Game 7 with 1 leg does not mean he was a harder working, more honourable player than Naslund who was much more reserved on the ice.

As fans, we cannot determine how much a player cares or how hard he is trying depending on what we see. These are two completely different players, Markus was far more internalised whereas guys like Linden had their emotions out for everyone to see. You cannot say that one played with "more heart" or tried harder just because he LOOKED like he was hurting more. That is rediculous.

And as for the Sedins, I'd say they have tried and played harder than any Canuck ever. You look at their style - similar to Naslund's quiet, reserved type and they still took a beating much harder than Linden did in the Finals. I have not seen any player been punished the way these guys have over their entire career, ever since they broke into the league the twins have been the target of every team. From cheap shots to concussions to whacks to the back. And still, the Sedins persevered through almost a decade of this crap whereas Linden and Bure put up with it for a season or two. What's even more impressive is that despite more physical punishment than any player in a Canuck sweater has ever had over the course of their career, Henrik hasn't missed an NHL game in years and is still putting up godly, franchise-leading numbers.

To me, that is the true sign of toughness and "heart". I don't know many other NHL players who could take that much abuse and still produce at the way the Sedins do. They're out there trying harder than anyone else I can remember.

Agreed. No one here has a right to question the Sedins and their toughness. They never dish the cheap shot but they have sure taken it, way more times than I have ever seen any player take. I wish Rick Rypein was still on this team, rest in peace :(

I also have to comment on how the Sedins gave 5M to Childrens Hospital. You want community giving? Put your money where your mouth is, no one, not even Linden ever did something like that.

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#129 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

POPULAR

quiet and reserved goody two shoes won't win you a cup.
just ask the hawks....the bruins.... and now the kings.
Posted Image

#130 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

or we could ask detroit, the franchise that has been there the most over the past 2 decades and won the most. with star players that are quiet, reserved, rarely hit, dont fight and just play smart two way hockey. but i guess that wouldnt fit in your simple minded view of the world?

can spin history however you like, but the fact is a team needs balance to win.

#131 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

a team needs leaders with edge to win the cup.
the leaders of that detroit team all had edge.
our leaders are just plain soft. physically and emotionally.

Edited by winacup, 08 November 2012 - 05:30 PM.

Posted Image

#132 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 71,017 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

@botchford
Gman: talked to Pavel today, confirmed he will be having dinner with aquilini and one of the topics will be possible jersey retirement

307mg00.jpg

#133 Drybone

Drybone

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

@botchford
Gman: talked to Pavel today, confirmed he will be having dinner with aquilini and one of the topics will be possible jersey retirement

The fact Bure is going to have dinner with him means they are going to retire his jersey. There is no real point otherwise. Bure wouldnt agree to the dinner just to REJECT the offer.

We quietly slipped #10 out of circulation over the last year, and I think thats when they decided they were going to do it.
Posted Image

#134 viking mama

viking mama

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

And what do all of these teams & the Detroit Red Wings have in common.....a little power-broking help from owners who are positioned as leaders within the NHL league of governors & greasy-help from their more obvious plants throughout the league head-office & the NHLOA.

O'Halloran, Vice-President of the NHLOA,... has had his particular BRAND of on-ice officiating fall under a lot of scrutiny during mid-season & play-off matches involving these particular teams & their high-profile tilts versus the Canucks, Coyotes, Devils, Lightning & others. These are the optics. Call it whining if you must...but where there's smoke....there's fire....& the NHL seems to be burning-up with nepotism & greasy palms.

I think - it's high-time that the out-side owners (new-guard & have-nots) band together instead of running scared or begging for more bail-outs for the price of a vote. Maybe then - when these fossils, Bettman & the other puppets retire-out...we'll finally get fairness, transparency, innovation, equity, & a lot more prosperity in the league.

As it is....due to the current meddling of power-brokers....the NHL rule-book ain't worth the paper it's printed on....& any trend towards keeping NHL players more medically or mentally fit & safe through-out their careers & after-hockey....is a pipe-dream.

Edited by viking mama, 28 March 2013 - 01:40 AM.

#135 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

He totally deserves it. After being officially inducted into the hockey hall of fame, that all is enough to get his jersey retired.

Bure has accomplished something Naslund, Linden, and Smyl will never accomplish, and that's being in the HHOF. Bure sure as hell better get his jersey retired in Vanocuver. He is our first and only HHOF representative. That is history making.

Not saying Linden, Naslund. Smyl don't belong there, they definately belong there.

Edited by cmpunk, 08 November 2012 - 09:12 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#136 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Bure..Bure..Bure..the most exciting hockey player in Canucks history. Day in day out, he gave it his all..floating was never in his regime...and he worked his a$$ off to try to bring home the Cup to Vancity. We were the underdogs and we missed it just by a sliver largely because of his scoring prowess. He made Canucks legitimate and something to cheer for and be proud of. It was the closest we ever got to the holy grail. This city was Canucks crazy and covered in Canucks paraphernalia wherever you looked during that Cup run. Canucks flags on apartment windows, cars, businesses...we were a proud city because this new kid came into the scene and took the team to another level and brought excitement to the game. Because of him, I became a Canucks/hockey fan. In all honesty, before him, I thought hockey was quite boring and uninteresting actually.

Edited by Mauii, 08 November 2012 - 11:05 PM.

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

#137 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

Read more: http://www.theprovin...l#ixzz2BbDykCC5

Update: There is now some dispute in the claim that his jersey is being retired. http://blogs.vancouv...onour-no-way-2/

the vancouver sun is the sh*ttiest paper ever made. they just want people to read their paper so they create bs

#138 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

the vancouver sun is the sh*ttiest paper ever made. they just want people to read their paper so they create bs

Meh...I don't read the Vancouver Sun or Province...I even prefer Metro and 24 Hr over them. The Globe and Mail, now that is good reporting and I was impressed with their sports news. It was refreshing to read informative and unbiased sports news without any inflammatory nonsense.

Edited by Mauii, 08 November 2012 - 10:51 PM.

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

#139 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,444 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

[media][media]

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#140 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,239 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

I'll agree with that, but the stars of the Hawks, Bruins and Kings aren't dirty players at all - they're all skill just like the Sedins.

Hawks - Toews and Kane
Bruins - Bergeron and Krejci
Kings - Kopitar and Brown

I definately agree that you win with tough, dirty players in today's NHL, but that is not the role of the twins. They are our scorers and our skill. Leave the dirty work to the bottom-6 players. Look at those 3 last cup-winning teams and all of them had rats in their bottom-6, we don't have 1 guy who does what Marchand and Bolland did.

The Sedins are the one perfect thing about the Canucks right now and would be Cup winners by now if we could have fixed our bottom-6 and defence.
Posted Image

#141 CHodgson9

CHodgson9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:40 AM

The Sedins are the one perfect thing about the Canucks right now and would be Cup winners by now if we could have fixed our bottom-6 and defence Stayed Healthy.

Fixed.
"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Ghandi

#142 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

POPULAR

Neither did Bure. And if people messed with Bure, they'd have to deal with the criminally insane Odjick right after. Canucks don't have that right now, now do they?

Ok firstly, you clearly didn't watch Pavel Bure play based on the commentary in all of your posts.

1. Heart? The guy played at 150 mph every night, he was the hardest working guy on the team and was there to score goals, which he did in a prolific manner on a pretty crappy team for the most of his career in Van.

2. He needed Gino? Again you never saw him play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZCuZ5UWEV0 take a look at what he did. He wasn't a pu$$y like the Sedins. And not ragging on the Sedins, they don't have that in them and that's fine. But I guarantee as one person said earlier, if the runt on boston had pulled what he did on Daniel on Bure, he'd be carried off the ice like Churla (Churla was a goon, and this kid wasn't scared). The fact I rememeber that hit should tell you what he meant to real Canuck fans.

3. Aloof, dismissive of the city etc? He was private. He is a hockey player his job isn't to come and give you backrubs buddy. And ever think the perhaps being and ESL guy its not fun and maybe embarassng for him to always be speaking. Perhaps he felt weird you don;t know think about it man. All he did in this city was play his heart out for the Canucks, the fans, and just wanted to be treated fairly, which we ALL know now he wasn't.

4. Played for money? He was the best in the world at scoring and continued to do it throughout all the bs he dealt with. Pavel Bure to this day was the biggest competitor next to Linden and Smyl I have seen in a Canuck uniform. And if you don't beleive it, well his level of fitness in an era where that didn't matter as much should tell you how much competing at his best meant. Again, see that link if you question his competitiveness.

5. Related to number 4, you clearly didn't watch that guy in the 94 run. If we had won, people were debating, Him, Linden or McLean for the Conn Smythe. But yeah that's not competitor, you know guys who are mentioned as potential conn smythe playoff mvp's are never competitors.

Get a grip kid. You just want attention for your ridiculous comments.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 09 November 2012 - 01:45 AM.

#143 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

I'll agree with that, but the stars of the Hawks, Bruins and Kings aren't dirty players at all - they're all skill just like the Sedins.

Hawks - Toews and Kane

I definately agree that you win with tough, dirty players in today's NHL, but that is not the role of the twins. They are our scorers and our skill. Leave the dirty work to the bottom-6 players. Look at those 3 last cup-winning teams and all of them had rats in their bottom-6, we don't have 1 guy who does what Marchand and Bolland did.

The Sedins are the one perfect thing about the Canucks right now and would be Cup winners by now if we could have fixed our bottom-6 and defence.

Disagree on why we lost. We lost because we had a number of key injuries and boston had only one (Horton). They were bigger and we didn't have the size up front on the scoring lines we needed,

If we had Hammer in the lineup, a healthy Kesler, healthy Erhoff, healthy Manny, and a kid Named Kassian in his prime. I think we win.

As they always say minimal injuries in the NHL are important to win a cup, we had too many with key players. If you took out Boston's best DMan (Chara), had Beregeron playing injured, and another top 2 Dman playing injured, and we were healthy, we probably win that game.

Luck sometimes plays a part.

#144 winacup

winacup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

Hawks - Toews and Kane

all of the players you have named play witn an edge, even Kopitar.
the sedins don't and that's why they will never hoist the cup.
Posted Image

#145 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,239 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

Disagree on why we lost. We lost because we had a number of key injuries and boston had only one (Horton). They were bigger and we didn't have the size up front on the scoring lines we needed,

If we had Hammer in the lineup, a healthy Kesler, healthy Erhoff, healthy Manny, and a kid Named Kassian in his prime. I think we win.

As they always say minimal injuries in the NHL are important to win a cup, we had too many with key players. If you took out Boston's best DMan (Chara), had Beregeron playing injured, and another top 2 Dman playing injured, and we were healthy, we probably win that game.

Luck sometimes plays a part.

Yes, injuries was the reason we lost, but how do you get injured? By being continuously pounded, whacked and slashed after the whistle consistently by all of their lines. Boston injured us by physically wearing us down with their big defencemen and we had no one to dish it back to them.

In any playoff series, the winner is often the team that survives. This is mostly how we beat Chicago that year - the Blackhawk stars were targetted repeatedly and despite them coming back, at the end of the day we wore them out more than they did to us.

Now look at Los Angeles. They breezed to the Cup because of their size across all lines, which meant they consistently hit their opponents and physically broke them down. The biggest difference between these Cup winners and the Canucks in 2011 was eventually our inability to do so. We had the Sedins responsible for scoring, Kesler responsible for scoring and hitting, a great 3rd line that was throwing around their weight and scoring timely goals but an INVISIBLE 4th line and worst of all - absolutely no size on our blueline. We cannot have one physically imposing (Edler) defenceman and expect to win a Cup and NO Bieksa and Hamhuis are not hard hitters when you compare them to the likes of Chara, McQuaid, Ference, Boychuk, Mitchell and Matt Greene who are physical beasts.

all of the players you have named play witn an edge, even Kopitar.
the sedins don't and that's why they will never hoist the cup.

I'm sorry but I've never seen Patrick Kane, Hossa or Justin Williams throw a hit in my life. Even Kopitar and Toews are rarely throwing hits. Every team has their skilled guys who focus purely on scoring, the reason Cup winners succeed is because these skilled guys are complemented by physical monsters when on the ice.

Consider Kane. When his line is on the ice, so are Seabrook and Keith so no one messes with him.
Consider Kopitar. When he's on the ice, so are Mitchell and Brown.
Consider Krejci. When he's on the ice, so are Chara and Lucic.

Now look at the Sedins. When they're out there, they have Alex Burrows, Bieksa and Hamhuis. Hamhuis doesn't have a mean bone in him, especially on the ice and Bieksa and Burrows are quite frankly too small to scare or hurt anyone when compared to the guys above.

The Canucks need size and muscle, especially on the blueline. Yes Kassian will help, but he's not on the ice most of the time. Our biggest, #1 problem since 2011 has been lack of big, physical defenders and it will continue to be the reason we fall in the playoffs to teams with towers on the blueline. The key to success is skill up front to score and physical checkers on the blueline to wear down opposing forwards in the playoffs. We DON'T need more bulky, unskilled forwards, our forward core has a perfect mix right now, let's just focuss on turning this puck-moving, pinching and fragile defence into a rock-sturdy, no-mistake defence.
Posted Image

#146 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,121 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

This was long overdue. It made no sense for his jersey to not be retired here after he made the hof other than to solidify us Canuck fans as uber-db's.

Bure is this franchise's only superstar.

I guess we need to retire #21 (for Neely) and #11 (for Messier)? Both are former Canucks in the HHoF.
Posted Image

#147 puckstopper

puckstopper

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

About fricken time!!

He deserves his number retired and has been deserving for many years.
I hated to see this guy go and was ashamed that he was treated so badly
by management. Those where rough times and I didn't blame him at all for
wanting out of the mess the team was in. Keenan and Messier just literaly
tore the hearts out of every Canucks fan with thier dismantaling of the
team we all loved.Pavel was and still is the greatest canuck ever, there
will never be another like this guy! Mr.Acquilini, I thank you for putting
this right! You've done a service to all canuck fans!

#148 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,121 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

Bure was the best player we ever had and deserved his jersey retired long time ago.

In fact, I would say his jersey retiring is more important than any of the others that are up there right now.

There is a reason why we have only one former Canuck in the HHOF.

This isnt about being a nice guy, bad guy or community giver. It's about being the greatest player.

No one here shoud comment on his personal life based on stupid rumors and innuendo.

As for being paid top dollar, this franchise owed him that (some monkey fan commented on this as well)

Did they kick both Neely and Messier out?????
Posted Image

#149 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

Did they kick both Neely and Messier out?????

Did you miss Sundin and Larionov?????
Posted Image

#150 Dirt Nasty

Dirt Nasty

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

Awesome news, can't wait to watch that ceremony, greatest canuck of all time IMO, he was the reason I started watching hockey and became a fan of the canucks. Its about time! :towel:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.