146 replies to this topic

#91 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

I've only stayed in hotels in other countries but....

why should I pay extra for "soiled" sheets that haven't even been washed yet? They like to present me with a bag full of :picard:

Typically, I'll stay long term at the same hotel.

I've stayed in maybe 40 different hotels in the last 2 years and the situation came up twice recently. Once I was :sick: and once my girl was, well :frantic:

I argued and the staff backed down but I was prepared to pay extra if the sheets were truly beyond salvaging.

I do my own laundry at home and even I could've cleaned them well let alone these industrial laundry company's with their methods.

Edited by hudson bay rules, 08 November 2012 - 07:49 AM.

I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#92 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

I've only stayed in hotels in other countries but....

why should I pay extra for "soiled" sheets that haven't even been washed yet? They like to present me with a bag full of :picard:

Typically, I'll stay long term at the same hotel.

I've stayed in maybe 40 different hotels in the last 2 years and the situation came up twice recently. Once I was :sick: and once my girl was, well :frantic:

I argued and the staff backed down but I was prepared to pay extra if the sheets were truly beyond salvaging.

I do my own laundry at home and even I could've cleaned them well let alone these industrial laundry company's with their methods.

We wash all of our own sheets on site, we don't lend them out or get them cleaned by a third party. We never give guests dirty sheets, let alone a bag full of them. If a stain, dirt or a rip is found in a linen and a guest complains, we give them fresh sheets and if they are angry about it, a small discount or free breakfast.

With out long term guests, we do not wash the sheets as many times because it's the same guest using the sheets. Depending on the time of their stay, we wash their bed sheets once*, and their pillow cases and pillows everyday. *unless the guest asks us to wash them, or we notice they need to be washed.

Edited by The Hornet, 08 November 2012 - 07:58 AM.

Posted Image

#93 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,716 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

Any further spam will be dealt with officially, via warnings/suspensions.

Posted Image

#94 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

party pooper :(

someone I knew was telling me once at his hotel the capitals stayed there and had a rookie party, and jose theodore was seen by him playfully chasing a hooker in the hall towards an elevator and went up their room. Anything crazy like that happen at your hotel? Or any hockey teams ever stay at your hotel?
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#95 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

party pooper :(

someone I knew was telling me once at his hotel the capitals stayed there and had a rookie party, and jose theodore was seen by him playfully chasing a hooker in the hall towards an elevator and went up their room. Anything crazy like that happen at your hotel? Or any hockey teams ever stay at your hotel?

No, nothing crazy like that haha. We don't have hockey teams stay at my hotel, it's too far away from Rexall place. This summer we did have a player from the Rangers stay with us while he was visiting family, I don't remember his name, but he was a real nice guy. We talked hockey all the time, and he really wanted the Canucks to win back in 2011.

Posted Image

#96 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:35 AM

Nope. besides what happens on non-company time (Christmas parties and breaks) It's a pretty bland and professional work environment.

Then you are doing it wrong ::D

I used to be in the industry. :)

Great thread!
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#97 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

Then you are doing it wrong ::D

I used to be in the industry. :)

Great thread!

I'll try my best to spice things up from now on! :P

Posted Image

#98 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Are we supposed to return the key cards when we check out?
I always take them but I'm not sure if where allowed
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#99 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

Have you ever had to interrupt a couple while they're doing the nasty? And if so, on a scale from 1-10; how awkward was it?

Another question. Do you enjoy working in a hotel environment?

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#100 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Are we supposed to return the key cards when we check out?
I always take them but I'm not sure if where allowed

Yes, you can take the key cards. They are pretty cheap, and a lot of people keep them to put them in a vacation album or something.

Here's a little fact list about Key Cards:

- They do not have personal information on them. They only have your name, room number and check out date stored on them.
- They can be deactivated VERY easy by cell phones or anything magnetic.
- Once you check out, or it's past check out time, all cards to that room will no longer work.
- We do not give keys to kids under 16 (unless allowed by an adult)
- We get hundreds of new ones a month, so don't feel bad if you take or break one.

Posted Image

#101 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Have you ever had to interrupt a couple while they're doing the nasty? And if so, on a scale from 1-10; how awkward was it?

Another question. Do you enjoy working in a hotel environment?

You first question has already been answered a couple of pages back.

I really enjoy working in the hotel business. I get a very good pay rate and benefits, not too mention the perks are awesome too. I want to get into law enforcement eventually, and working in the hotel gives me good interpersonal skills, problem solving and communication skills as well. On the weekends there are lots to do security wise as well, dealing with homeless, drunk or loud people.

Posted Image

#102 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

What do you do during the slower hours of the day?
AUmxe4h.gif
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

Go Canucks Go!

#103 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

What do you do during the slower hours of the day?

Usually patrol the inside and outside of the hotel. After that I tend to catch up on writing e-mails or incident reports. If there is nothing else to do, I like to clean the lobby area or help housekeeping clean rooms. If there is literally nothing to do, We all just hang out at front desk and chat.

Posted Image

#104 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:33 PM

what was the strangest picture-taking-worthy dressed person you ever saw walk in?
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#105 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

Have you really made any good friends on your team that you hang out with once in a while?
AUmxe4h.gif
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

Go Canucks Go!

#106 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Do you believe in determinism or free will? Why? How does your belief affect your every day life at work?

Are you pro-life or pro-choice? Would you quit your job if you found out your boss held the opposite view on this topic?

Are you religious? If so, what religion do you follow? Do many of your coworkers have the same religious beliefs as you?

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#107 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

what was the strangest picture-taking-worthy dressed person you ever saw walk in?

Patch Adams for sure. He dresses like a clown, even for his everyday clothes. He's a fantastic and interesting person.

Posted Image

#108 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

Have you really made any good friends on your team that you hang out with once in a while?

Only a couple, we usually just head out to a pub or something after work for a bit.

Posted Image

#109 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

Do you believe in determinism or free will? Why? How does your belief affect your every day life at work?

Are you pro-life or pro-choice? Would you quit your job if you found out your boss held the opposite view on this topic?

Are you religious? If so, what religion do you follow? Do many of your coworkers have the same religious beliefs as you?

1) I am a free will kind of guy, I think people should and do make their own decisions. Not some higher power.
2) I am pro choice, and I would not quit. I am open to other peoples ideas and beliefs.
3) I was raised as an Anglican, but I don't really care much about religion anymore... it's not a big part of my life. I think a few do, but we don't talk about stuff like that.

Posted Image

#110 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,481 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

What is your number one "is this honestly happening right now?" moment from work?

wZEgqzy.png

#111 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

What is your number one "is this honestly happening right now?" moment from work?

Had to be when there was a wedding going on at the banquet hall on the top floor and the washrooms overflowed.

There is a small hallway that is the only access point to the ballroom, along this hallway is the entrance to the washrooms. Someone flushed something they shouldn't have, and all the lines got backed up in both washrooms. Dirty, smelly, water began to gush out of the toilets and drains, and eventually into the hallway, drenching the carpet.

For the rest of the wedding, all the guests and staff had to walk though dirty poo water in order to get in or out of the ballroom. Let's just say, most of the people were not happy the next morning.

Posted Image

#112 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:23 AM

How about when someone comes up and asks for a keycard to a room and when they produce ID and have the same name as the registered guest who is already in the same room, what happens then?

#113 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

How about when someone comes up and asks for a keycard to a room and when they produce ID and have the same name as the registered guest who is already in the same room, what happens then?

They have to produce a government photo ID, so since we know that the guest already looks like, we know it's not the same person.

Our computer will also tell us that the room is already occupied, so we won't put anyone in an occupied room. It would then be my job to go up and knock on the guests door to make sure we didn't make a mistake and double book one guest to two rooms.

If they insist that it is their room,i must go up with them into the room and insure it is not occupied, and that is is for sure their room by making them provide me with a secondary form of ID.

It has happened before that we get guests with the same name, it's not that common of a problem though.

Edited by The Hornet, 09 November 2012 - 09:43 AM.

Posted Image

#114 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,306 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:00 PM

Do you smoke weed at work then charge things on amazon using your guests credit cards?
Posted Image

#115 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Do you smoke weed at work then charge things on amazon using your guests credit cards?

Drugs are bad, mmmmkay.

Posted Image

#116 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

Are the hotel "safe boxes" actually safe? Is there a master PIN that unlocks the boxes?

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#117 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Are the hotel "safe boxes" actually safe? Is there a master PIN that unlocks the boxes?

At my hotel the safe boxes are pretty safe. They are in a locked room, and you need two people with two different keys to open the lock boxes, and only the general manager and security have the keys to the safe room. Not too mention all the security cameras in there.

Posted Image

#118 Lillooet_Hillbilly

Lillooet_Hillbilly

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

ok years ago when i went to vancouver with a group of rednecks we checked into a best western by the hockey rink, canucks won it was great. we went on a booze cruise around the city & i decided to call in the night. i took a cab and told him best western. when i got there my card wouldn't work in the elevator, went to the desk & said i was staying at room 216, he reprogramed my card and when i went into room 216 and there was nothing there thank god. i was at the wrong best western and just got access to the room. now if some one was in that room who would be at fault? me (drunk) or the desk guy that accessed my card?

#119 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

have you ever had to deal with the JW's or other solicitors?
Posted Image

#120 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

are the fruit salads they make actually have anything else other than honeydew, watermelon, or cantelope??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.